The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Is Sheogorath not truly mad?

Zuvla
Zuvla
✭✭
In the world it is natural for order wish for madness to be gone....and madness would not enjoy order in the world and do anything to break the order up and turn into madness would be only natural....
So...if it is natural for madness to be against order would the mad thing to do in this scenario not be to accept order and break the order of of hating order?

Then Sheogorath either has not gone over this and is ignorant or he refuses to be truly mad when it comes to this topic...
Edited by Zuvla on April 23, 2014 11:25PM
  • Tokig
    Tokig
    I think of Macbeth when I picture Sheogorath. There is method to his madness. I think he uses the madness to veil his true intent.
  • Omgzzwtf
    Omgzzwtf
    Soul Shriven
    I just think that he's truly and utterly bat**** crazy. He's obviously very intelligent, but nuts nonetheless.
  • Zuvla
    Zuvla
    ✭✭
    the point of linking a wikia page about him was......pointless........(I mean I guess if someone came here and had no clue who Sheogorath is.......however that's possible then maybe....)and I dont think the other princes would have worked together to make him the mad god if he was not intelligent....
    Edited by Zuvla on April 26, 2014 12:38AM
  • Sihnfahl
    Sihnfahl
    ✭✭✭✭
    Zuvla wrote: »
    I dont think the other princes would have worked together to make him the mad god if he was not intelligent....
    It was also because, as Jyggalag, he was very, very powerful. More powerful than them. So they blunted his power by making him incapable of truly utilizing it.

So he's still very intelligent, but his curse prevents him from effectively expressing it and his true power.
  • Nox_Aeterna
    Nox_Aeterna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    He is madness , and he is also order.

hah , i miss oblivion.
    "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."
    -Hanlon's razor
  • Sihnfahl
    Sihnfahl
    ✭✭✭✭
    He is madness , and he is also order.
    Until he becomes Order again and leaves the Hero of Kvatch to become the new Sheogorath.