Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

Should Werewolf form be a toggle ability?

otribe
otribe
Should the Werewolf Morph ability become toggle?
Edited by otribe on April 23, 2014 7:45PM

Should Werewolf form be a toggle ability? 126 votes

Toggle on and off with no cost
26%
Kalfisknopfboy_ESOmarion.coleman83_ESOnogaruk_ESOdoublestickjock7_ESOChampionSheWolfaltrego9920_ESOrich.s.rodriguez_ESOThrazgash_ESOstrongoakb14a_ESOMockingCatJade_Knightblazerb14_ESOlizzyo24b16_ESOploddab16_ESOMost_AwesomeTrenytjflynnyb16_ESOcubansyrusb16_ESOkillingspreeb16_ESOBrittany_Joy 34 votes
Toggle on and off at the cost of stamina
18%
CiedocRaginL_Alucard_ESOFalassionsd-niladb16_ESOpulversoppamcatchlovb16_ESOEMacedo72ub17_ESOTimbricemarshallub17_ESOfenweeneb18_ESOchimichiciedreJbirdx90The_SadistThesreynMrMTVenrizpsychedelicianIkumarbehotribe 23 votes
Toggle on and off at the cost of ultimate per second
29%
WefiGwarokliquid_wolfMetalhead92787_ESOFutrixjasonlamp64b14_ESOpechecklerreagen_lionelBelgeroglaurientmb1995b16_ESOAedhvilliansvb16_ESOkelvinschouwb16_ESOSuurnilOrihara_Izayaaresdestructorub17_ESO1Nehsiclocksstoppebiodragon 37 votes
Achieve the toggle ability through special quests and reputation
10%
rophez_ESOnightwalkerrobin_ESOScardyFoxKrokkenub17_ESOHodoriusTendeepmr.scottkenyonub17_ESODitapopfbiub17_ESOUmmagumaLocksolirdfarley89Blackwolfe5 13 votes
Not a toggle ability, just reduce the ultimate cost
11%
driosketchlink428darkkterror_ESOKer.Rakb16_ESOSamiriSpriggenPanda244TeloranTargolakNitratasTheGrimaceORHail_Sithislonewolf26Varivox9dinogn 15 votes
Not a toggle ability, keep it how it is
3%
Torbeshrobertryands60Darkmayne 4 votes
  • Nox_Aeterna
    Nox_Aeterna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I honestly have no idea how to balance this tree.

But i do hope they keep it worse than the vampire always , since the vamps problems are MUCH worse than the ww. TONS of mobs use fire , not many use poison and vamps also need to deal with the whole feeding thing.

Granted , right now , the ww seems far too bad.
    Edited by Nox_Aeterna on April 23, 2014 7:53PM
    "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."
    -Hanlon's razor
  • cubansyrusb16_ESO
    cubansyrusb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I picked toggle on and off at no cost, lets be honest here ..... Currently the form is really weak, you gain almost nothing being in the form unless you take Berserker you get a bleed.

Is it better than being in human form though .. no, no its not.
  • Mustaklaki
    Mustaklaki
    ✭✭
    I picked toggle on and off at no cost, lets be honest here ..... Currently the form is really weak, you gain almost nothing being in the form unless you take Berserker you get a bleed.

Double DPS is almost nothing...?
    Okay.

• Jade_Knightblazerb14_ESO

I agree, I went with the same option. If no passives are active while in human form, then a solid free of charge toggle would allow the person to choose in the moment which role to play.

Just having the werewolf transformation taking up the Ult slot is good enough price. Having the transformation and duration continually drain the Ultimate points won't change anything which we have now. (Over all taking too much Ultimate to use)
  • carlos.trevisan.contatonrb19_ESO
    I love werewolves. I would love t be able to morph and play as i will.
    the sad part its the balance in PvP, that ppl will exploit it, really sad because would be awesome if it has a toggle.
  • cubansyrusb16_ESO
    cubansyrusb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Mustaklaki wrote: »

Okay.

I guess in your haste to write a stupid post you missed the part where i said .....

"you gain almost nothing being in the form unless you take Berserker you get a bleed"

We selfless Pack masters don't get this
    Edited by cubansyrusb16_ESO on April 23, 2014 9:17PM
  • Futrix
    Futrix
    ✭✭
    The ultimate per second option, but I also like to keep feed/devour. Perhaps the effect of devour can be changed to where it stops the ultimate from ticking down temporarily.
  • Mustaklaki
    Mustaklaki
    ✭✭
    "you gain almost nothing being in the form unless you take Berserker you get a bleed"

We selfless Pack masters don't get this

The bleed is negligible, the attack speed often does not work, and it's your fault for morphing into Pack Leader when it's common knowledge that it's terribly bugged.
    Edited by Mustaklaki on April 23, 2014 9:51PM
  • Brittany_Joy
    Brittany_Joy
    ✭✭✭✭

Okay.
    If you're doing double your normel DPS in werewolf form then you do not have your normal form optimized. I can do alot of damage and survive by doing damage in my humanoid form and werewolf form doesn't really increase my DPS 'cause it stays the same. Right now, werewolves are balanced enough to be toggled on and off just like how feral druids are in WoW. ESO is all about playing the way you like so if players want to be werewolves constantly just let them.
  • darkkterror_ESO
    darkkterror_ESO
    ✭✭✭

Okay.

Your human form build must be absolutely terrible.

Anyway, I voted for 'not a toggle ability, just reduce the ultimate cost' but I'd also like to add in that I'd prefer that the time spent in werewolf form be increased further. Give it a longer base duration and maybe buff Devour to add more time.
    Edited by darkkterror_ESO on April 23, 2014 11:17PM
  • ChampionSheWolf
    ChampionSheWolf
    ✭✭✭
    I prefer a toggle and give us a real ultimate that we can use in werewolf form,a s well as a few more werewolf related abilities to use. Relying solely on clawing someone is just bad. We should at least be able to access our normal class abilities while in werewolf form.
    Harbinger of The Black Wolves.
    Member of Grindstone.

Ebonheart Pact
    Tyra Ravenheim - Templar (newly rerolled)
  • Hodorius
    Hodorius
    ✭✭✭
    I got WW at VT4 and it´s a PITA!

You have no self heal and no CC.
    I do less damage in that form and I nearly always die unless beeing in a grp.
    You cannot kill grps of 3+ enemies with that.

I dont have roar... perhaps that will change the situation.
    And I always facepalm when I change back in humanoid form during a fight... that´s not realistic!
  • Klimarov
    Klimarov
    ✭✭✭
    I'd like were wolfs like vampires get the bonus at night, and force transform nightly.
  • Locksoli
    Locksoli
    ✭✭
    I feel like there should be some sort of quest that gives you the ability. It would feel more immersive, like I'm learning to control the wolf form. Or we could keep the whole ultimate, but add the ring of hircine, which locks your time limit so you can only shift back at will.
  • Wefi
    Wefi
    Soul Shriven
    think it should be a toggle with ult drain. I would also like to see CLASS abilities to work with WW. it would kill the cookie cutter that WW is.
  • otribe
    otribe
    I feel that if it is Toggle without a cost, It would open up the WW to many different possibilities. Instead of WW's being a thing that happens occasionally, Werewolves could have their own play style. This would make getting bitten a big deal that changes the way each individual plays their character. Then people could actually run as a pack of wolves. instead of a bunch of wolves and then some others that ran out of time and are awkwardly running along....

I don't really mind, as long as it changes from what it is now. :)
  • zgrssd
    zgrssd
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have not been that far into the game yet, but I do hear many complaing that "Werewolf is too weak/situational for an Ultimate ability".

How about thinking of it as a alternative weapon option? Basically if you equip "nothing" in your second weapon slot this becomes the werewolf bar. If you select that weapon, you "wolf out". You can still use class and other non-weapon abilities, but as far as weapon abilities go you are limited to a special "Werewolf Claw" weapon skill line.
    It seems to follow the idea that werewolves have more control over when they are subjected to thier weaknesses and strenght (as opposed to vampires whose weaknesses are always on).
    At the same time it (kinda) forces you to not use weapon/shield.
    It would also work nicely with an existing concept - weapon swap.
    Edited by zgrssd on April 26, 2014 10:39AM
    Elana Peterson (EU), Dominion, Imperial Sorc, Rune & Alchemy Crafting Char
    Leonida Peterson (EU), Daggerfall, Kajiit Nightblade, Tank & main Crafter
    Kurga Peterson (EU), Ebonhart, Ork Dragonknight, Provision Mule
    Coldblood Peterson (EU) Argonian Templer, Daggerfall, Healer
    Incendia Peterson (EU), Dominion, Dunmer Dragonknight, fire DPS & healer
    Haldor Belendor (EU), Ebonhart, Breton Sorcerer, Tank
    Fuliminictus Peterson (EU), Ebonhart, Altmer Sorcerer, Electric DPS

Me babbling about PvE roles and Armor, Short Guide to Addon Programming (for Programmers)

If you think anything I or somebody else said violates the Rules of this Forum, you are free to flag my posts. Till I get any notifcaion from this, I just asume you know you have no case against me or Zenimax disagrees with you.
  • otribe
    otribe
    @zgrssd‌
    That sounds like a great idea.
    But at the moment one of the disadvantages of being a WW is the lack of an ultimate. In my opinion, if you make it a weapon swap ability, people would be encouraged to swap out too often, and also have an ultimate at their disposal. I think it would bring WW's to having a massive advantage.

Also, I believe the 50% increased damage from poison damage is always on, even out of WW form
  • otribe
    otribe
    @wefi

I'm not too sure about that, can you imagine a WW with the default pounce, and a templars charge?
    Or any stun in any tree for that matter. That would be..... Scary. And a little OP in my opinion.
  • knopfboy_ESO
    otribe wrote: »
    Should the Werewolf Morph ability become toggle?

I chose toggle on/off at the players disposal because vamps get constant use of their powers and we Lycans don't, so it seems unfair to me. Plus vampires can level their perks easier while werewolves can't becausee of our ultimate taking so long to get, but also it lasts a horribly short amount of time. I would also like sprinting for werewolves to be the same as that of the game "skyrim" werewolves for a more wolf like approach.
  • robert
    robert
    ✭✭✭
    Not a toggle ability, keep it how it is
    No, a toggle ability is unnecessary.

I do think, however, that it would be cool if, once the ultimate requirement is reached, that you are forced to transform.
  • nightwalkerrobin_ESO
    Have a quest to gain the toggle ability, "You have to learn control". But as I posted in another thread, if you change in a city the guards will attack you on sight. So you have to choose wisely.
  • strongoakb14a_ESO
    strongoakb14a_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I honestly have no idea how to balance this tree.

But i do hope they keep it worse than the vampire always , since the vamps problems are MUCH worse than the ww. TONS of mobs use fire , not many use poison and vamps also need to deal with the whole feeding thing.

Granted , right now , the ww seems far too bad.

I know for a fact my werewolf received more fire damage when I am in werewolf form, the add on Foundry Tactical Combat clearly shows me taking higher damage from fire in werewolf form. I think something isnt right there
  • strongoakb14a_ESO
    strongoakb14a_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I would like to see 3 more skill lines added under werewolf:

First i must add I feel a new PUP should be forced to shift during the full moon phase (the same one that spawns the mobs that can infect you) but not the 1st phase you're infected during. With that said obviously if we stay shifted longer then the number of kills causing us to rank up would need to be replaced with XP instead. This means they would need to reset your skill points and then you would be a new rank, maybe Rank 10s get enough XP to be rank 4 or 5.

Hycines Control (passive):
    1-3 points
    1. 1st point means you aren't forced to shift during full moon phases, but can freely shift back/forth during the full moon phase. Also reduces Ultimate Cost to 800 - Rank 4 Required
    2. 2nd Point means you can shift for 30 minutes at a time, but when you shift back you must wait 30 mins to shift again whether by timer or forcing yourself back except during full moon phases. Also reduces Ultimate Cost to 200 - Rank 8 Required
    3. 3rd Point total control over your shifting back/forth with 100 Ultimate cost to shift either way and a 15 minute cooldown after shifting. This would balance people from shifting in/out mid fight. - Rank 10 required

Hycines Speed (passive):
    1-3 points
    1. 1st point increases run/spring speed by 5% in human form and 15% in werewolf form - Rank 2
    2. 2nd point increases run/spring speed by 10% in human form and 25% in werewolf form- Rank 5
    3. 3rd point increases run/spring speed by 150% in human form and 40% in werewolf form- Rank 5 - Rank 9 required

Hycines Regeneration:
    1-3 points
    1. 1st point increases stamina/health regen by 5 in humanoid form and 8 in ww - Rank 3
    2. 2nd point increases stamina/health regen by 8 in humanoid form and 10 in ww - Rank 6
    3. 3rd point increases stamina/health regen by 10 in humanoid form and 12 in ww - Rank 9

• Jadakin
    Jadakin
    ✭✭✭
    Not voting because WW needs a lot of changes. It has zero survivability in WW form and doesn't have the DPS to make up for it. As for people saying WW vulnerability isn't as bad as vamps, I used to think that. I know the truth now. No armor buffs (vamps get this,) No other skills to help mitigation (vamps get this,) No ultimate in WW form to build to (vamps get this,) other than a healing pot - no self heal(vamps get this.) Most bow users spec into poison because it's their strongest dot. Silver bolt passive costs one point to apply to WW. Foundry mod lets you know who's a WW before you turn. This means your opponents know your a werewolf and can bring the pain before you try to 'surprise' them. Yeah WW has got problems.
  • Hail_Sithis
    Hail_Sithis
    ✭✭
    I think it needs more changes than just what the poll questions, but it's a good start.

That's all from me, Here's some kickass music for my fellow wolves.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gswv_NODHa0
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not so sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

"What can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence." - Christopher Hitchens