The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

VR Dungeon Tier and Itemization poor design

Wifeaggro13
Wifeaggro13
✭✭✭✭✭
Well we are starting to see a very large exodus between VR 1- 5 . our large guild has seen a rapid burn off due to the current progression system the hardocres found exploits and grinding to get VR 5 and above already but the majority dont want to bother. People want to play the VR dungeons and receive rewards they can use. and seeing the extreme amount of EXP it requires to achieve five after completeing the first 50 lvls many have chosen to leave . no one has really complained about diffculty as they say their farewells but are discouraged that zenimax chose to force five ranks of leveling before they can enjoy the benefits of the true four man dungeons.
they are leaving because the only thing for them to do a month into game is continue to quest which is largely a solo grind.Not sure why Zenimax chose this type of design but its souring many of the players to the itemization . To add insult to injury all the static chests and urns have the original loot tables in them making the dungeons even less desirable and rewarding for those that are willing to take the challenge of doing them at VR1. poor design i hope this is rectified soon so we can stop the bleeding.
  • mitchutsa
    mitchutsa
    Good point.
  • Terminus
    Terminus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    they are leaving because the only thing for them to do a month into game is continue to quest which is largely a solo grind.

This is not reality, this is a mentality.
    If your guild believes that quests are supposed to be done "solo",
    You're doing it wrong (no offense).
  • Wifeaggro13
    Wifeaggro13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Terminus wrote: »
    they are leaving because the only thing for them to do a month into game is continue to quest which is largely a solo grind.

This is not reality, this is a mentality.
    If your guild believes that quests are supposed to be done "solo",
    You're doing it wrong (no offense).
    oh we group believe me . but seriously do you really find progression and challenge in questing ?

• doggie
    doggie
    ✭✭✭
    I feel the same, the quest grind is breaking my back. I have no idea when the group finder will list the dungeons again so I have no target. I have mosty been grinding quests since lvl 43, I only got one run in the Coldharbour dungeon before I hit 50 since the dungeon was behind a quest wall.(I prefer to be able to enter the dungeon manually incase of bugs).

I've earned 150k Veteran points in two days now, and it's slowing down, doing crafting and eh not playing I guess.

There's just too little to do at "endgame"... The quest zones would have been a fantastic experience if they had been completly optional, and all dungeons and Craglorn had been at 50.

Then we could have quested in peace over the next 6 months, instead of uber rushing the crap out of it before craglorn is out.
    Edited by doggie on April 23, 2014 7:14PM
  • Wifeaggro13
    Wifeaggro13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    doggie wrote: »
    I feel the same, the quest grind is breaking my back. I have no idea when the group finder will list the dungeons again so I have no target. I have mosty been grinding quests since lvl 43, I only got one run in the Coldharbour dungeon before I hit 50 since the dungeon was behind a quest wall.(I prefer to be able to enter the dungeon manually incase of bugs).

I've earned 150k Veteran points in two days now, and it's slowing down, doing crafting and eh not playing I guess.

There's just too little to do at "endgame"... The quest zones would have been a fantastic experience if they had been completly optional, and all dungeons and Craglorn had been at 50.

Then we could have quested in peace over the next 6 months, instead of uber rushing the crap out of it before craglorn is out.
    At the very least it was a poor idea to itemize it completely VR 5

• Comaetilico
    Comaetilico
    ✭✭✭
    the problem lies in the fact that people miss to understand one thing... lv 50 is not endgame...

VR2 is nothing more than LvL 51... the simply used a different word because there are a few different mechanics... is just like someone plaing wow for the first time and thinking that level 80 is end game... this is exactly the same... simply instead of adding lvl 51-60 with the next expansion they will add VR 11-12 ... and so on... the game should actualy be seen as a 150 lvl... 50 normal levels... 50 lvl as VR 1-5 ad 50 more as VR 6-10

also... the fact that dungeon of VR fisrt tier drop item VR 5... it is because those dungeon are MEANT to be cleared at VR 5... they can be cleared at VR1... yes (and I've done them too...) but you can as well clear a lvl 25 dungeon at level 20 (done this as well... and I don't think to be the only one ^^' )

people that complein about the lvl of those drop are simply compleìaining because they cleared a content NOT MEANT for their level... well gratz to you... you'r a bit better than the avarage player (see all those people complaining that VR dung are too hard -_-' ) and you should get your reward from this fact... just like in every other game you don't get extra reward for completing a quest or dungeon at a lower level (actualy the fact that we are allowed to enter those dungeon is already something that in other game would not be possible at all ^^')
  • Wifeaggro13
    Wifeaggro13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the problem lies in the fact that people miss to understand one thing... lv 50 is not endgame...

VR2 is nothing more than LvL 51... the simply used a different word because there are a few different mechanics... is just like someone plaing wow for the first time and thinking that level 80 is end game... this is exactly the same... simply instead of adding lvl 51-60 with the next expansion they will add VR 11-12 ... and so on... the game should actualy be seen as a 150 lvl... 50 normal levels... 50 lvl as VR 1-5 ad 50 more as VR 6-10

also... the fact that dungeon of VR fisrt tier drop item VR 5... it is because those dungeon are MEANT to be cleared at VR 5... they can be cleared at VR1... yes (and I've done them too...) but you can as well clear a lvl 25 dungeon at level 20 (done this as well... and I don't think to be the only one ^^' )

people that complein about the lvl of those drop are simply compleìaining because they cleared a content NOT MEANT for their level... well gratz to you... you'r a bit better than the avarage player (see all those people complaining that VR dung are too hard -_-' ) and you should get your reward from this fact... just like in every other game you don't get extra reward for completing a quest or dungeon at a lower level (actualy the fact that we are allowed to enter those dungeon is already something that in other game would not be possible at all ^^')
    no where ever did zenimax state that ever. and they put the que from 1_5 in their group finder. not impressed with this end game at all. quite tired of questing

• Eccentric
    Eccentric
    ✭✭✭
    Actually, you get a hell lot more exp from just grinding creatures than doing anything else after you hit VR. Just complete the quests in you Achievements tab "Quests" for the skillpoints(yes, the questlines which give you skillpoints can be found under achievements) and do other stuff like PvP, dungeons, events and grind for money and crafting materials. For those who enjoy questing, they can continue to do so.

I have to agree with Comaetilico, endgame does not start at lvl 50(VR1). Even though current endgame is mostly doing PvP and veteran dungeons, with Craglorn soon released you will be able to do 12man trials(raids). The adventure zone Craglorn and the Trials will probably bring the challenges you all crave for. Like most MMOs, more content will be added to the game over time.

Only the bossloot from veteran dungeons are set to whatever the VR the boss is though, rest of the drops are all random. You can also use the materials from deconstructing to create your own items, so it is not like you cannot use it.

Saying you are being forced to level VR1-5, is like saying you are also forced to level 1-50. It does not matter, you are still not VR10 which is currently the highest level you can achieve(VR12 once Craglorn release).
  • Wifeaggro13
    Wifeaggro13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eccentric wrote: »
    Actually, you get a hell lot more exp from just grinding creatures than doing anything else after you hit VR. Just complete the quests in you Achievements tab "Quests" for the skillpoints(yes, the questlines which give you skillpoints can be found under achievements) and do other stuff like PvP, dungeons, events and grind for money and crafting materials. For those who enjoy questing, they can continue to do so.

I have to agree with Comaetilico, endgame does not start at lvl 50(VR1). Even though current endgame is mostly doing PvP and veteran dungeons, with Craglorn soon released you will be able to do 12man trials(raids). The adventure zone Craglorn and the Trials will probably bring the challenges you all crave for. Like most MMOs, more content will be added to the game over time.

Only the bossloot from veteran dungeons are set to whatever the VR the boss is though, rest of the drops are all random. You can also use the materials from deconstructing to create your own items, so it is not like you cannot use it.

Saying you are being forced to level VR1-5, is like saying you are also forced to level 1-50. It does not matter, you are still not VR10 which is currently the highest level you can achieve(VR12 once Craglorn release).
    I see what your saying . I am not a hater or basher at all. what i am trying to bring to light here is this type of progression with very little true group challenge is causing many to vacate ESO until a later date, My biggest problem is that even if you do the VR dungeons at VR 1-4 you get no usable items. Even the chests spawn the original loot table of 13 through 16. I understand there is other things to do other then questing, i think its actually counter productive . it gives people less reason to want to play an alt and is content lacking from VR 1- 10 if you chose to not take the bread crumbs. I hope craglorn offers content for people in the lower VR range

Edited by Wifeaggro13 on April 24, 2014 5:51PM