The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Why does becoming a vampire not affect conversations at all ?

Memnock
Memnock
✭✭✭
This has been something that always bothered me in all the TES games that you have the option to become a vampire. No conversations are affected by you becoming a creature of the night.

I mean , ok , i understand regular humans not being able to detect you as a vampire , although with the striking visual appearance changes at stage 4 , you would have to be brain damaged not to notice them :)) , but i am talking about other vampires , and daedric entities. I mean seriosuly ? Even the father of all vampires , doesn't seem to know YOU ARE A DAMN VAMPIRE.

I was kind of hoping that maybe , just maybe , in a future patch or content update , we would be recognized at least by our own kind and not be called "mortal" by them.

Please let me know if you feed the same about this.
  • CaptainTrips
    CaptainTrips
    ✭✭
    I agree it is jarring and kind of ruins immersion. Not sure if this will ever be something that ZOS will address - maybe in a later expansion but not in the main game as released now.
  • serenity_painted
    serenity_painted
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah it's a bummer, i became a vampire at lvl24 and was abit dissapointed while playing through Rivenspire but figured it was beacuse it wasn't intented for you to be able to become one so early, a shame but no bigge.
    WHile playing through Coldharbor on the other hand and doing a quest that revolved entierly about vampires without getting so much as a nod kind of bugged me.
  • Danneroth
    Danneroth
    Werewolf actually gives you some dialogue.
  • Memnock
    Memnock
    ✭✭✭
    Well that's even more annoying that werewolves at least get some recognition of their status and we vampires don't :(

I mean i am not expecting normal humans to notice it that much , although we do get a comment about the skin being paler that normal from a random NPC , but i was expecting to be recognized by my own kind and by the daedric entities that we encounter :(
  • ArgonianAssassin
    ArgonianAssassin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Conversation with Adusa is Rivenspire is weird, I agree other vampires should at least recognize we are vampires, how could ZOS not take this into account when writing lines?
    "It is okay to fear the night, even the bravest warriors are filled with fright, at the sight of the might of Sithis' fang, let the blood be washed away by the rain, let the stains forever remain, another life taken in Sithis' name, another soul for the void. All hail our Dread Father and his consort, the Night Mother." -Stalks-His-Prey
  • Jadeviper1974
    Jadeviper1974
    ✭✭✭
    Why don't Vampires go "Poof" when the sun comes out? I think there should be some consequence to becoming a Vamp or a Wolf. Vamps = Poof in sunlight. WW = 3 days each month you are forced into wolf form.
    What is written above are my honest opinions. If you agree then; "Great!" If you disagree; "Great!" I really couldn't care less either way.
  • Sihnfahl
    Sihnfahl
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why don't Vampires go "Poof" when the sun comes out?
    Well, in earlier games, they just slowly burn (not an poof immediate), and they lost the ability to regen health / stam / magicka while outdoors during the day.

Why didn't ZOS put it in? Probably seen as too punishing and limiting. After all, on the approx. 5 hour day cycle, there's no set time you can say "Oh, I'm a vamp, so it's safe to participate in Cyrodiil PvP because it's mostly outdoors at keeps / towers." And if they had it on a set schedule, only folks who are on during the set nighttime would be able to be vamps in Cyrodiil PvP ... not everyone. God forbid the night cycle come when someone is at work or asleep.
  • ArgonianAssassin
    ArgonianAssassin
    ✭✭✭✭
    It gets sooo much weirder and immersion breaking once you get to Crestshade. . .
    "It is okay to fear the night, even the bravest warriors are filled with fright, at the sight of the might of Sithis' fang, let the blood be washed away by the rain, let the stains forever remain, another life taken in Sithis' name, another soul for the void. All hail our Dread Father and his consort, the Night Mother." -Stalks-His-Prey
  • krapmyself
    krapmyself
    ✭✭✭
    Because if everyone ignores Twilight, Twilight will go away.

jk :)
  • ArgonianAssassin
    ArgonianAssassin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Spoilers

Woooow so this goes way beyond just Adusa and Ravenwatch, ZOS just completely didn't take into account the possibility that you might be a vampire yourself going through this zone at all, seems like something they would've taken care to acknowledge, especially considering that there are 2 versions of every zone and that the entire storyline revolving around vampires seems liek something they should've considered that veteran players who might be vampires or werewolves in the case of Glenumbra are going to go through these zones with broken immersion and feeling totally out of place, especially some of that dialogue with the countess after what happens to her sister.(The leveling zones for players on the actual faction, and the veteran version of the zone.)
  • Memnock
    Memnock
    ✭✭✭
    I am glad i am not alone on this one , i mean , its not something game-breaking , obviously , there are bugger issues , that need to be fixed right now , like for Vampires , the bugged stages along with passives and the ultimate healing through Mist Form , also some tweaks to the fur balls ultimate cost and timer in the form and so on , but i would like to see , maybe in an update patch , when we will get some new stuff to our skill lines , some love towards vampires and wolves , and NPCs recognizing our status , at least the ones like us and daedric entities .

I really hate going through dialogues , with other vampires , or with whatever daedric prince and they call me mortal , like they can't sense the fact that I AM NOT MORTAL anymore.
  • Elyna
    Elyna
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sihnfahl wrote: »
    Well, in earlier games, they just slowly burn (not an poof immediate), and they lost the ability to regen health / stam / magicka while outdoors during the day.

Why didn't ZOS put it in? Probably seen as too punishing and limiting. After all, on the approx. 5 hour day cycle, there's no set time you can say "Oh, I'm a vamp, so it's safe to participate in Cyrodiil PvP because it's mostly outdoors at keeps / towers." And if they had it on a set schedule, only folks who are on during the set nighttime would be able to be vamps in Cyrodiil PvP ... not everyone. God forbid the night cycle come when someone is at work or asleep.
    I think the vampire in TESO are a special kind, I cant remember the name, but theres a lore book about them and how theyre immune to sunlight. However, this whole thing is thrown out the window when you realize the vampire you become comes from the very first vampire, the same vampire blood that makes you weak to sunlight in Skyrim. Maybe they figured it wouldnt be very fun to have a debuff for 5 hours. Maybe sunlight gives you fire debuff and night removes it? Or maybe have night time give you 50% frost resist.
  • Elember
    Elember
    ✭✭✭
    I would just like to know what exactly are the benefits of being a Vampire or Werewolf? As far as I can see the only thing it might be good for is for being able to sell the bites in zone chat for 10 to 25K?

Though why anyone would pay for that is beyond my level of comprehension. I had a friend last night ask me to help her with the Vampire quest so she could become a Vampire and then embark on a career of selling her bites at 10K each.

My character being in an RP guild had to refuse her because this would get me expelled from the guild as we are against Vampires and Werewolves on the RP side of our guild.

Does being a Vampire or Werewolf really give you super god like powers? I guess I just don't get it at all...
  • ArgonianAssassin
    ArgonianAssassin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Elember wrote: »
    I would just like to know what exactly are the benefits of being a Vampire or Werewolf? As far as I can see the only thing it might be good for is for being able to sell the bites in zone chat for 10 to 25K?

Though why anyone would pay for that is beyond my level of comprehension. I had a friend last night ask me to help her with the Vampire quest so she could become a Vampire and then embark on a career of selling her bites at 10K each.

My character being in an RP guild had to refuse her because this would get me expelled from the guild as we are against Vampires and Werewolves on the RP side of our guild.

Does being a Vampire or Werewolf really give you super god like powers? I guess I just don't get it at all...
    I became a vampire because I'm always a vampire in ES, and I like vampires, also, invigorating drain is and devouring swarm are pretty cool abilities. That is my reasoning.
  • Malsviir
    Malsviir
    It does? when does this occur?
    Danneroth wrote: »
    Werewolf actually gives you some dialogue.

• Malsviir
    Malsviir
    or they just constantly drink fairy blood
    Elyna wrote: »
    Sihnfahl wrote: »

I think the vampire in TESO are a special kind, I cant remember the name, but theres a lore book about them and how theyre immune to sunlight. However, this whole thing is thrown out the window when you realize the vampire you become comes from the very first vampire, the same vampire blood that makes you weak to sunlight in Skyrim. Maybe they figured it wouldnt be very fun to have a debuff for 5 hours. Maybe sunlight gives you fire debuff and night removes it? Or maybe have night time give you 50% frost resist.

• RustyBlades
    RustyBlades
    ✭✭✭
    I think my ninja assassin will do vampire, while my bow master will do werewolf. I actually joined a guild that I didn't create just to try it out. I might talk them into doing a weekly "night of the undead" deal where we roam the country side of n00b land and bit random people for free.
  • Memnock
    Memnock
    ✭✭✭
    @Elember ,a bit off topic , but ill try to help you understand why people want the vampire skill line. I don't know about wolves , since i don't play one.

Be warned ! This is going to be a bit of a long post :)

The vampire skill line gives you some very nice skills and passives.

1) Drain Essence , a 7 meter range channeled skill. It channels damage to the attacker for 3 seconds, and every second it deals damage , it also heals the player for 150% of the damage done and recovers stamina as well . Can be morphed into Invigorating Drain , which also recovers ultimate on top of the original effect , or into Midnight Drain which makes the original effect more powerful at night

2) Mist Form makes you take 75% less damage from all sources for 4 seconds , but renders you unable to attack or heal , nice escape tool. It can be morphed into Elusive Mist, which gives you a 45% speed boost , or Poison Mist ( bugged at the moment ) which deals poison damage every 0.5 seconds for the duration.

3) Bat Swarm is the ultimate that you get for this tree . It is an AOE attack that deals magic damage every second for 5 seconds. The morphs for this are Clouding Swarm , which renders you invisible on top of the damage , or Devouring Swarm , which heals you for the damage done , so the more enemies you hit with it , the faster and stronger you are healed.

Now for the passives that i find useful :smile:

-Supernatural recovery : with 2 points in this , it gives you 10% Magicka and Stamina recovery
    -Blood Ritual : gives you the ability to transform another player into a vampire every 7 days
    -Undeath : with 2 points in this passive , you get 50% damage mitigation from all sources , when your character gets at or below 50% HP

I also put points into Unnatural Recovery , which helps with the HP regen at vampirism stage 2 through 4 , but i am not sure if it actually works or not and Dark Stalker , which is suposed to make you move a lot faster while in stealth at night , but this is bugged at the moment.

Now these are the skills and passives that make the vampire skill line desired. There is also the vampirism stage 4 , which gives you 60% cost reduction to all the vampire skills , at the cost of an extremely low HP regen.

The downside of being a vampire is the fact that you are classified as undead once you are a vampire, which makes you vulnerable to Fighters Guild skills.
    Also , you always have 50% fire vulnerability , but this can be greatly mitigated by a piece of jewelry that is enchanted with fire resistance or by being a Dark Elf.

If you want more details on what the wolves and vampires can do in this game, go check out http://esohead.com/ , they have a skill calculator which shows you exactly what each ability does for every class , weapon , NPC guild and profession in the game :)

As a last note , i always liked the vampires in Skyrim and Oblivion , so when i heard this game has them as well , i jumped at the chance of being one.
  • Ethromelb14_ESO
    Ethromelb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have they added any vampire dialogue with the update of Morrowind?
    Motto: Make deceivers believers.

Strength of character is not a physical thing. -E
    Walking a mile in someone else's shoes, has nothing to do with the path taken. -E

An accusation of elitism, is an indirect recognition of one's own inferiority. -E

The best way to prove someone wrong, is to do better yourself. -E

I keep forgetting to remember to get a photographic memory.
  • Kahina
    Kahina
    ✭✭✭
    Memnock wrote: »
    This has been something that always bothered me in all the TES games that you have the option to become a vampire. No conversations are affected by you becoming a creature of the night.

ESIII Morrowind.
  • Compton1865
    Compton1865
    ✭✭
    Have they added any vampire dialogue with the update of Morrowind?

I haven't noticed anything new (could've missed something though). I'd love some vamp-specific dialogue :)
    MemoFromTurner
    XB/NA/AD

Interesting in joining a vampire guild? The Strigoi Coven is looking for new recruits - shoot me a message!

"Vampires often turn on those who trust them, you know."
  • Tucker3711
    Tucker3711
    ✭✭✭
    It does in some cases!

Like How Mel Adrys A vampire hunter in the Dark brotherhood DLC Says:
    "You think I have noticed you unique affliction? I considered killing you as well..."
    I think its only included in certain quests main quests probably would take more editing...
    @Tucker311- PC
    Tucker3711
    Nord Beth Rose (EP)
    Imperial Freya Var (DC)
    High Elf Hestia du foyer (AD)
    Wood Elf Epona Caoin (AD)
    Hotstuff Queen