The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

[Feedback] Vampirism is harmful to the game's PvP.

• lao
    lao
    ✭✭✭✭
    Trenith wrote: »
    I play a DK Vamp...

Can someone tell me where this "Ultimate Reduction" skill is? I have looked everywhere for it, I have respec'd more times then I can count, I can't find it. I can get my ulti cost down to 34 thats it...

As far as them "fixing" ultimate cost reduction, I think they intended ultimate reduction to stack seeing as the new set coming in craglorn 5 piece is 15% ultimate cost reduction.

Can people tell me why people have the need to be bad and then cry on forums about something?

If you see a mist form'd bat - it can be countered, work on figuring it out rather then being bad, dying then crying about it.

If you see someone coming at your with a swarm of bats or you hear it, try moving away then long ranging them.

Stop being bad and learn to play people...

The Dragon knight set reduces ultimate by 20% which makes the swarm of bats cost 225. Every time you activate drain essence you get 15 ultimate in 3 seconds+ certain classes have ultimate passives like templars prism which give further ultimate. The sorcerer has a passive that reduces cooldown further 15%. Maybe you should read up.

Okay lets clear this up, the DRAGONS set, not the dragon knight set reduces ultimate cost. Every class can use that set, just because it is heavy armor doesn't make it dragon knights. So perhaps sir, you should read up.

lao wrote: »

newsflash son: not knowing how ur own abilitys work and calling everyone bad makes u look like an idiot ^^ pls explain how ur gonna "move away" from mist form when ur in combat and cant mount up. and even if u manage to somehow get out of combat long enough to mount up he´s still faster than u for a while and can easily shoot you off ur mount again.

and yes i am a vamp and yes i want it nerfed cos its OP.

I know my abilities and not a single one of our abilities we have reduces ultimate cost unlike the sorc. passive that reduces by 15%. So trying to tell me that we have a skill that reduces cost when in fact we do not, makes you look like the idiot. It is a the Dragons Set, not the dragon knights set as I said above. That set is not locked to one specific class or role.

Here you guys go the secret to countering vamps in mist form...

Ready for it?

TAB TARGET

Sheesh...

i never claimed DK has an ability that reduces ultimate cost. i was merely replying to ur clueless "run away from mist form comment". also u never answered my question about how u plan to move away from mist form.

keep trying to defend ur broken OP class son. from the way u type and the amount of clueless in ur posts its obvious that u need all the help u can get xD
    Edited by lao on April 29, 2014 1:26AM
    Options
  • Trenith
    Trenith
    ✭✭

i never claimed DK has an ability that reduces ultimate cost. i was merely replying to ur clueless "run away from mist form comment". also u never answered my question about how u plan to move away from mist form.

keep trying to defend ur broken OP class son. from the way u type and the amount of clueless in ur posts its obvious that u need all the help u can get xD

You said "not knowing my own abilities" which implies to me that your refering to me asking about the "What skill does DK's have that reduces ultimate costs?" question. Learn to read your own posts and mine before you reply to anything; you might actually catch something if you would learn to do just that.

Anyways...

Why run from mist form? Tab target, bash, GG. I have no need to run from mist form because I'm not bad and know that you can tab target and bash a damn vamp out of mist or even just silver bolt them down.

Vampirism isn't broken by any means unless your talking about stages of vampirism breaking whenever you zone or logout or passives breaking on death until you relog which then breaks stages of vampirism. Devouring swarm is AoE capped at 6 targets just like all the other AoE's except the five being patched in craglorn. Mist form, is only broken in the regards that cc's still affect it despite it saying mist form is invulnerable to them and the morph "Poison Mist" doesn't do damage like it is supposed to. I don't need to defend "my broken OP class" because your right it is broken and thank you developers for realizing that and fixing it in 1.1 so that our passives and skills work properly.

But I forgot...

"I can't kill it without rolling my face around the keyboard so it is therefor broken and OP which means I am headed to the forums right now to cry!" because somehow broken no longer means "broken" it means some form equal to or greater than "OP". You get the point though.

Pro-tip:
    Stop being bad.
    Slow down, use your brain for more then a couple seconds. Open up a skill calculator and look at all the different skills you have at your disposal. Try many different things. If you have respec'd less than 10 times in this game so far then your doing it wrong. You should be respec'ing pretty often unless you just so happen to find that magical build in the first go or early on. The game is still way to young to have solid perfect builds especially with the lack of numbers this game shows you and ways to test things. I spend at least an hour after long PvP sessions theorycrafting with my guild mates and other individuals on different things that had come up during the night. If your not sitting back doing the same then you have no place on this forum. Judging by the way your complaining it is obvious that you do not do any of that. You probably use a build found on tamrielfoundry.com and think its "Ermhagawd".

Other players have posted other solutions to taking care of vamps and I have just given how to take care of mist form vamps. Now get off the forums and put that information to use.

1. Vamps aren't getting nerfed in 1.1 per current patch notes; they are only getting buffed.
    2. Ultimate reduction is obviously working as intended since the next set item coming out guess what the 5 piece bonus is? That's right, 15% ultimate reduction.

As the old saying goes...

LESS QQ MORE PEWPEW
    Options
  • eisenheitb16_ESO
    There are REALLY people defending the fact it isn't OP.
    This is incredible.
    It's killing PvP, and you know that. ;)
    Edited by eisenheitb16_ESO on April 29, 2014 5:43AM
    Options
  • Trenith
    Trenith
    ✭✭
    This is incredible.

Only thing killing PvP at the moment is the extremely large amount of bad players in PvP because they refuse to take a moment to theorycraft and review what they're doing wrong/right and make adjustments where needed.

Oh also PvP is getting a bit dull, campaigns should reset monthly, every 3 month's is a bit to excessive.

Options
  • skyprowerb14_ESO
    This is incredible.

Only thing killing PvP at the moment is the extremely large amount of bad players in PvP because they refuse to take a moment to theorycraft and review what they're doing wrong/right and make adjustments where needed.

Oh also PvP is getting a bit dull, campaigns should reset monthly, every 3 month's is a bit to excessive.

I don't think that's a good idea, but that's mainly because it'd be too easy for many people to become Emperor and then Former Emperor. The way it is now, the people with the most points tend to stay that way, and I think that's how it should stay.

That being said, I do think three months is a bit excessive. Maybe two months to meet halfway?

Though there's also the fact that all the campaigns are using "normal" rules right now. I'd like to see special rules set in place soon.
    Edited by skyprowerb14_ESO on April 29, 2014 7:41AM
    Sahraaji, Covenant Khajiit Templar, Ch90 Ranger (DPS)
    Jah'zaan, Covenant Khajiit Nightblade, Pre-Champ Acrobat (DPS)
    Cleaves-In-Two, Pact Argonian Dragonknight, Pre-Champ Mercenary (Tank)
    Cylaerin, Dominion Bosmer Sorceror, Pre-Champ Sage (Healer)
    (@SkyBlueFox1)
    Options
  • Kraun
    Kraun
    ✭✭
    Custos91 wrote: »
    Just keep in mind, that the pvp sets also involve rings and necklackes, so vampires will lose these in late game pvp, as they have to use fire resistance in these slots, and not being able to get 3 setpieces could prove to be a problem^^

You can only reduce the fire damage taken by roughly 24% because of resistance cap and ANYONE can use these, but you still take 50% more fire damage as a vampire.

I've tested it with no resistance, 1x 1000 res, 2x 1000res and 3x 1000 res, the difference between 0 to 1 was about 24% adding a 2nd or 3rd did absolutely nothing to negate more fire damage.

Only reason why people here cry for Vampire being broken are those that have met or seen a video about a sorc abusing ulti-reduction stacking. I don't see anyone crying about sorcs, because if you'd take your time actually looking instead of jumping the "vampire-nerf"-bandwagon you'd see just how broken the entire sorc class is, it's ridiculous how powerful they are. They self-heal better than a templar specced for healing while doing insane amounts of damage.. and here ya'll are, crying about tinderbox vampires.
    Edited by Kraun on April 29, 2014 8:20AM
    Options
  • cisadanepajsuxrwb17_ESO
    I support Team Jacob and I approve of this message
    Options
  • popatiberiuoneb18_ESO
    Kraun wrote: »
    Custos91 wrote: »
    Just keep in mind, that the pvp sets also involve rings and necklackes, so vampires will lose these in late game pvp, as they have to use fire resistance in these slots, and not being able to get 3 setpieces could prove to be a problem^^

You can only reduce the fire damage taken by roughly 24% because of resistance cap and ANYONE can use these, but you still take 50% more fire damage as a vampire.

I've tested it with no resistance, 1x 1000 res, 2x 1000res and 3x 1000 res, the difference between 0 to 1 was about 24% adding a 2nd or 3rd did absolutely nothing to negate more fire damage.

Only reason why people here cry for Vampire being broken are those that have met or seen a video about a sorc abusing ulti-reduction stacking. I don't see anyone crying about sorcs, because if you'd take your time actually looking instead of jumping the "vampire-nerf"-bandwagon you'd see just how broken the entire sorc class is, it's ridiculous how powerful they are. They self-heal better than a templar specced for healing while doing insane amounts of damage.. and here ya'll are, crying about tinderbox vampires.

You might not know but the surge skill is broken atm, it doese not give extra damage to any sorc abilities, however it doese increase the damage on weapon abilities so it can be usefull for healing or boosting your 2hander damage...and also increases your light/heavy atacks (not working with overcharge light/heavy tho) as if any sorcs using those..ever ...well, you get the idea ;)

As for the critical morph do google the impenetrable trait ;) a few pieces with that trait and u render critical surge a complete magika whaste for 99% of the sorcs out there, not that it takes some major sacrifices to build for crit %.

Once enough people realize its so easy to counter i bet there will be alot of whines about critical surge being broken.

EDIT: ohh, and vamp mist form and cost reduction is broken and should be fixed, there is no counter to mist form and reduced cost swarm at the moment (you cant even land spells on a mist spamming vampire, be it fighter guild or fire skills, all while they are doing insane damage and leeching health from everyone dumb or unfortunate enough to be in range) and i dare all the vamp supporters that insist this is working as intended to prove im wrong.
    Edited by popatiberiuoneb18_ESO on April 29, 2014 10:29AM
    Options
  • lao
    lao
    ✭✭✭✭

You said "not knowing my own abilities" which implies to me that your refering to me asking about the "What skill does DK's have that reduces ultimate costs?" question. Learn to read your own posts and mine before you reply to anything; you might actually catch something if you would learn to do just that.

Anyways...

Why run from mist form? Tab target, bash, GG. I have no need to run from mist form because I'm not bad and know that you can tab target and bash a damn vamp out of mist or even just silver bolt them down.

Vampirism isn't broken by any means unless your talking about stages of vampirism breaking whenever you zone or logout or passives breaking on death until you relog which then breaks stages of vampirism. Devouring swarm is AoE capped at 6 targets just like all the other AoE's except the five being patched in craglorn. Mist form, is only broken in the regards that cc's still affect it despite it saying mist form is invulnerable to them and the morph "Poison Mist" doesn't do damage like it is supposed to. I don't need to defend "my broken OP class" because your right it is broken and thank you developers for realizing that and fixing it in 1.1 so that our passives and skills work properly.

But I forgot...

"I can't kill it without rolling my face around the keyboard so it is therefor broken and OP which means I am headed to the forums right now to cry!" because somehow broken no longer means "broken" it means some form equal to or greater than "OP". You get the point though.

Pro-tip:
    Stop being bad.
    Slow down, use your brain for more then a couple seconds. Open up a skill calculator and look at all the different skills you have at your disposal. Try many different things. If you have respec'd less than 10 times in this game so far then your doing it wrong. You should be respec'ing pretty often unless you just so happen to find that magical build in the first go or early on. The game is still way to young to have solid perfect builds especially with the lack of numbers this game shows you and ways to test things. I spend at least an hour after long PvP sessions theorycrafting with my guild mates and other individuals on different things that had come up during the night. If your not sitting back doing the same then you have no place on this forum. Judging by the way your complaining it is obvious that you do not do any of that. You probably use a build found on tamrielfoundry.com and think its "Ermhagawd".

Other players have posted other solutions to taking care of vamps and I have just given how to take care of mist form vamps. Now get off the forums and put that information to use.

1. Vamps aren't getting nerfed in 1.1 per current patch notes; they are only getting buffed.
    2. Ultimate reduction is obviously working as intended since the next set item coming out guess what the 5 piece bonus is? That's right, 15% ultimate reduction.

LESS QQ MORE PEWPEW

i never cried about it . why would i? im using it myself. however the game is too easy without it already and id prefer a balanced game rather than one where one obvious nobrain build rips everything else.

u defend a broken skilltree. and ill assure u, i have forgotten more about mmos and pvp than u will ever know.

also i have no problem with killing vamps as i am one myyself. infact i have no problem killing ANYONE in this game 1v1.(havent met anyone i lost to 1v1 yet atleast and that was prior to me beeing a vamp aswell) if u think the current vamp build is balanced ur simply delusional. nothing else to say. then again u play a vamp DK so how could i expect any cognitive activity at all from you. all u need is 2 buttons anyways.

also i asked you how to move away from mist form since thats what u claimed is what u wanna do against it. now that i told u about ur obvious fail its suddenly tab target and bash. contradicting urself much? what about if the vamp decides he doesnt wanna get bashed and just uses it to kite you? have a nice day.
    Edited by ZOS_UlyssesW on April 29, 2014 5:19PM
    Options
  • Starshadw
    Starshadw
    ✭✭✭✭
    I generally avoid public gaming forums, but after watching Cyrodiil evolve over the last few weeks, I decided I felt strongly enough to come and add my few pence.

It has become obvious, beyond any shadow of doubt on my part and the part of others I've been chatting with, that vampires are very overpowered in PvP. Their skillsets - unlike the werewolves - are pretty much designed to allow them maximum damage and maximum survivability in Cyrodiil. The numbers of vampire PvPers continues to grow, and, unless something is changed insofar as how the class functions in Cyrodiil, will only continue to do so. At this point, unless something is done, the PvP zone will soon see the majority of players there being vampires - I feel fairly certain that this was not the developers' original intent, to turn Cyrodiil into a vampire battlezone.

I saw some comments about how "rare" vampires are in-game: I can tell you, while they might still be fairly rare when compared to the overall population (and at this point, we all know that this is primarily due to gold farmers and exploiters deliberately camping the quest mob to prevent players from obtaining a bite via the quest, all so they can charge ridiculous prices for the bite), they are most decidedly NOT rare when you look specifically at the Cyrodiil population. There are large PvP guilds now where they are rapidly sharing vampirism with their fellows.

All it takes is looking at their active and passive skills to see why the vampire is so popular:

Drain Essence: stuns their opponent, deals damage AND heals health and stamina

Mist Form: provides a massive damage reduction, and most PvPers take the "Elusive" morph, which allows them to move at lightning speed. That speed allows them to much more easily move a captured scroll to a home base.

Bat Swarm: nasty damage-dealer, and can also heal

Supernatural Recovery: bonuses to both stamina and magicka regen. This makes it easier for them to continue to power their skills

Undeath: massive damage mit once they fall below 30% health.

Unnatural Resistance: boosts health regen once they reach Vamp 2

Dark Stalker: gives a speed boost while stealthed

When you take all of the above and add in the fact that a vamp can recharge their Ult very quickly, can continue to use their other skills as well as add in the benefits that come from veteran rank... no one should be wondering why the vampire population in Cyrodiil continues to grow. They are overpowered enough for PvE, let alone PvP.

And now I'm seeing comments that vamps are getting a buff come the next patch. This is extremely distressing to see.

I've seen comments regarding the Fighter's Guild skills - I can assure you, they are in use in Cyrodiil. But the fact is that they simply aren't enough to counter the problem.

Already, I'm seeing people leave Cyrodiil because they are frustrated with the state of things. Cyrodiil should be something available to anyone who wants to come out and enjoy PvP, not just vampires or those who want to spend lots of skill points in the Fighter's Guild line.

My suggestion is for the developers to find some way to place penalties on vampires in the Cyrodiil zone - I don't care if they are overpowered in PvE, that has zero effect on other players' ability to enjoy the game. But when it comes to PvP, there needs to be a better balance. Perhaps the easiest one to implement might be some sort of additional penalty during daylight hours. Or a reduction in the percentages of the skill benefits. An alternate means of correcting this issue would be to provide non-vampire players with an overall general boost to damage against vampires - not just with the Fighter's Guild skills, but in general. Again, this is solely in the Cyrodiil zone.

Whatever it is, there absolutely needs to be something done to equalize the situation in Cyrodiil and the disparity between vampiric and non-vampiric characters.
    Options
  • Alestair
    Alestair
    ✭✭
    Double
    Edited by Alestair on April 29, 2014 2:23PM
    Options
  • frwinters_ESO
    frwinters_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    I say no vampires and werewolves in Cyrodil! I dont want to waste a skill slot for Silver Bolts!
    Options
  • rophez_ESO
    rophez_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I didn't realize how big this problem was until I visited one of the more populated campaigns. I was helping to take a keep, and hopped on my horse to follow the army. I noticed a few others on horses, but about 80% of the army was turning into mist and using that form to travel. When we clashed with an enemy force, they were almost all in mist form, as well. Then came the bat swarms. I get it - people have realized that they can cheese it up pretty nicely with this skill line, and I don't blame them for wanting to jump on the bandwagon - if you can't beat em, join em, right?

It really should be adjusted, though. When most of the people feel like they must be a vampire to compete, then it negates all the interesting diversity that was built into the game.

My suggested adjustments:
    * If you are stage 4 and have the ultimate reduction, then you should suffer the healing penalty from all sources, including the devouring swarm.
    * If the devs want you to have ultimate reduction and still be healed by devouring swarm,for PVE purposes, then it should have a timer for the health gain, once per 10 seconds or something.
    * The bat swarm and its morphs should impose a 60% snare to the caster, and not allow any movement affecting buffs/shape changes while active. People need to be able to avoid the swarm.
    * One simple fix: don't let stage 4 ability cost reduction affect the ultimate, and raise the ultimate cost to be in line with the werewolf ultimate.

As it is, my guild is avoiding Cyrodiil at the moment. The cheese factor is too high.
    Edited by rophez_ESO on April 29, 2014 3:53PM
    Options
  • Jaxom
    Jaxom
    ✭✭✭✭
    I say no vampires and werewolves in Cyrodil! I dont want to waste a skill slot for Silver Bolts!

You are exactly what the problem is. Refusing to adjust your build, like half the people in this thread. It's quite sad.
    Options
  • lao
    lao
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jaxom wrote: »

You are exactly what the problem is. Refusing to adjust your build, like half the people in this thread. It's quite sad.

whats sad is that vamps are so good that they are so common that the need to adjust your build just to counter them even exists.

u kids can defend it all you want, when every 2nd guy in pvp is a vamp (if not more) something is obviously unbalanced.

funniest thing is everyone who is a vamp and is remotely good at this game will agree that its OP and needs a nerf. only the horriawfuls who cant compete without broken stuff will be naive enough to claim that its fine and defend it.

and well i guess from their pov it appears to be fine cos they still struggle despite using the most overpowered skillline in the game. thats simply cos they are trash tier players tho.

Options
  • Nidwin
    Nidwin
    ✭✭✭
    Easy mode game play. That's why there are probably so many of them around in RvR.

As for that Sorc being better at self healing than a Templar. Nice one and made my day.
    Nidwinqq Templar (healzzz) United Warhammer Vets
    Nidwinqq RR100 Magus till the end, R.I.P. Badlands
    Options
  • Phoenix99
    Phoenix99
    ✭✭✭
    Reavan wrote: »
    As a vamp i agree mist and the ult are broken but as a dk i am sure you can also admit the banner and talons are also broken to the same degree

The Talons/Standard are not really that big of an issue, if you know how to roll. DK building for that has basically no other means of dmg, and if you roll out of Standard, what can he do to you? Move slowly with block raised, because otherwise he will get knocked down? It's the synergy of DK and Vamp that makes it super strong (lol super speed Elusive Mist Form into constant talons + bash)

I agree that the combo is particularly good at defending choke points, such as gates, bridges and some indoor areas, but pure blood (non-vamp) DK is not THAT strong if you rely on talons and ult for your main dmg output.

Sorc on the other hand have good roots (encase) AoE spells AND mobility (bolt escape). If being rooted would disable blinking, that would probably fix a lot of issues with sorcs as well, as they would have to use roll first to get out of the roots.

Generally LA magicka builds are > than other builds, because they can use all of stamina for defensive purposes and spam magicka skills, which in case of some skills is making those builds super strong. Maybe change some class skills into stamina costs? increase the taxing of magicka by reducing regen rates, adding other magicka sinks similar to stamina sinks (stamina is used for blocking, running, rolling, breaking hard CC, stealth AND then on skills...)
    Edited by Phoenix99 on April 29, 2014 6:55PM
    Options
  • Archmage_Alator
    People have summed most up already. My main concern is that a vampire Emperor can finish forty players by themselves, I have witnessed that many times.

Against one Ebonheart Emperor the Daggerfall Covenant sent out about 30 people in a large death squad to put the emperor down, but the Vampiric Vampire slaughtered them all...

When a vamp emperor equals an army I Think that it has gone too far.
    Options
  • Jaxom
    Jaxom
    ✭✭✭✭

whats sad is that vamps are so good that they are so common that the need to adjust your build just to counter them even exists.

That is PvP in a nutshell buddy. Someone finds a build that works. 1000's copy it. People find a counter to Meta Build. Other player finds another build to counter, the counter build. 1000's copy that. Rinse repeat. That is every PvP scenario going back 10+ years. This won't change.

The problem here is that we haven't gotten to step 2 yet, which is find a counter build. Or worse yet, people are too damn lazy to figure out a counter build and refuse to adapt. This is exactly what is happening. Joe Shmoe who I originally quoted is the problem. They refuse to adapt and just *** and ***. "I don't want to waste a skill slot" is the wrong attitude to have. If that is what's going to win, then freaking change the skill out. If Silver Bolts sucks, then figure out a combination that does. You your damn brain instead of just copying someone else's build.

Granted, until they change the way that Ultimate reduction skills work, some combinations will be very difficult to counter but that is a problem of Ultimate gains and reductions and has nothing to do with the skill itself. I shouldn't be able to spam any Ultimate, period. That has nothing to do with Vampire's, Sorcs, DK, whomever.

/endrant

Options
  • Phoenix99
    Phoenix99
    ✭✭✭
    @Jaxom

In many PvP games there are also balance patches, because they clearly recognize that some skills and combinations are just too good for the cost, and usually meta changes due to that more than finding counters. See any competitive RTS or MOBA game for the reference.
    Options
  • Jaxom
    Jaxom
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Phoenix99 I agree 100%. I'm not saying the skills are perfect, because we know they are not. I'm just saying, we need to work with what we got until changes are made. People stomping their feet (not saying you are) and complaining without even attempting to change things just magnifies the problem. The guy saying, I'm not putting that on my bar, just makes it worse because there is a refusal to adapt.
    Options
  • Phoenix99
    Phoenix99
    ✭✭✭
    @Phoenix99 I agree 100%. I'm not saying the skills are perfect, because we know they are not. I'm just saying, we need to work with what we got until changes are made. People stomping their feet (not saying you are) and complaining without even attempting to change things just magnifies the problem. The guy saying, I'm not putting that on my bar, just makes it worse because there is a refusal to adapt.

TBH I also removed silver bolts, because they are ineffective for the amount of cost. You run dry on stamina fairly fast, you can't target vampires with it when they are in mist form, for knockdown effect there are better spells, 5% is unreliable unless you can spam the skill (which you cannot), it gets blocked, by any "shield vs magic" type of spell, and reduced by spell resistance, so it even does not guarantee a kill, unless you are hitting non-VR vampires with it... these are just a few things from a top of my mind against the use of silver bolts in general. if 5% changes into 100% kill on proc and it gets stamina cost reduced by 50-60%, then I will change my mind about the skill.

The thing is, taking a vampire+ combination down take way more resources and co-ordination than taking down any other class+template combination and this should be addressed, by either addition of more single target silencing skills (hopefully assassins and/or thieves guild) and improving fighter guild skills to be way more lethal for the cost and even then probably reducing the cost of them since they run on heavily taxed resource - stamina. Another route is to simply nerf the efficiency of the vampire+ builds
    Edited by Phoenix99 on April 29, 2014 7:47PM
    Options
  • Kypho
    Kypho
    ✭✭✭✭

Anyways...

But I forgot...

Pro-tip:
    Stop being bad.

LESS QQ MORE PEWPEW

You are a lolvampire in lolvampire wars online game, you are .... lets not even say it. You are wrong about most things, but the most important tip from you were this:

STOP QQ AND GET A LOLVAMPIRE BITE NAOW AND PEW PEW... OHH NOT PEW PEW JUST BAT SWARM SPAMMMMMM!!!!!

Because you cant fight....Just be happy and spamm your crap and dont even post silly stuff ok? Go back online and SWARM around or turn into MIST and stay in that form.

As the old saying goes....

LESS QQ MORE LOLVAMPS
    Options
  • bloodenragedb14_ESO
    bloodenragedb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    honestly, people that whine about classes and cry for nerf's invalidate themselves as true gamers to me. in your youth, when you came against a boss in a rpg or adventure game, did you call the devs or publisher and demand a fix? no? then why should they do it here, they had beta after beta of people doing the same thing, and if you ask me, more people played the beta because it was free. if they didnt nerf the classes then, why should they now.

play the game and learn to counter attack, dont sit and cry because someone is better than you.
    Options
  • Jaxom
    Jaxom
    ✭✭✭✭
    Phoenix99 wrote: »

TBH I also removed silver bolts, because they are ineffective for the amount of cost. You run dry on stamina fairly fast, you can't target vampires with it when they are in mist form, for knockdown effect there are better spells, 5% is unreliable unless you can spam the skill (which you cannot), it gets blocked, by any "shield vs magic" type of spell, and reduced by spell resistance, so it even does not guarantee a kill, unless you are hitting non-VR vampires with it... these are just a few things from a top of my mind against the use of silver bolts in general. if 5% changes into 100% kill on proc and it gets stamina cost reduced by 50-60%, then I will change my mind about the skill.

The thing is, taking a vampire+ combination down take way more resources and co-ordination than taking down any other class+template combination and this should be addressed, by either addition of more single target silencing skills (hopefully assassins and/or thieves guild) and improving fighter guild skills to be way more lethal for the cost and even then probably reducing the cost of them since they run on heavily taxed resource - stamina. Another route is to simply nerf the efficiency of the vampire+ builds

I think adding more silence skills would certainly help counteract it. I'm curious to see what types of skills the Dark Brotherhood and Thieves Guild give. I know that's not for awhile and it certainly won't fix things in the immediate future.

Out of curiosity, would opening up with Poison arrow (reduce healing), then negate magic, and silver bolts combo be a good opener?

Thinking out loud here but Poison arrow to reduce incoming healing from bats, negate magic to remove buffs and during that opening hit silver bolts for a knockdown? Would that not make the vampire vulnerable no matter how often they can spam the ultimate?
    Options
  • Phoenix99
    Phoenix99
    ✭✭✭
    Phoenix99 wrote: »

I think adding more silence skills would certainly help counteract it. I'm curious to see what types of skills the Dark Brotherhood and Thieves Guild give. I know that's not for awhile and it certainly won't fix things in the immediate future.

Out of curiosity, would opening up with Poison arrow (reduce healing), then negate magic, and silver bolts combo be a good opener?

Thinking out loud here but Poison arrow to reduce incoming healing from bats, negate magic to remove buffs and during that opening hit silver bolts for a knockdown? Would that not make the vampire vulnerable no matter how often they can spam the ultimate?

they can break the hard CC immediately and just run out of the silence globe. Also look at the costs of skills used just to have a small chance of catching a vampire.

Currently charging the guy with some 2H stampede and using root skill like dark talons and encase + negate magic ult give you the highest chances to kill a vampire (or bolting sorc for that matter), but it requires very good co-ordination and timing of skills from at least three people (one rooting, other silencing and debuffing "healing received" to counter outside healing and then you need some heavy single target DPSer). When you compare the costs and amount of work vs the general costs and vampire+ combination potentials outside of this particular combination, it does not look very good.

EDIT: Add to that the general battlefield conditions, there are high chances you are not getting that kill if the vampire has a good support, especially of other vampires and you are running a pure blooded team.
    Edited by Phoenix99 on April 29, 2014 8:17PM
    Options
  • AshTal
    AshTal
    ✭✭✭✭
    I Agree with OP, now when people ask to join a team all they say is 3 VETS 1 a Vampire, because having that one Vampire join your group will make it a hell of a lot more powerful than any other class/player. Vampires are so over powered that they ruin PvP for anyone who is not a Vampire and more and more people go Vampire just to compete.
    They really need to balance PvP and quickly before they kill off everyone who does not want to be a Vampire and turn PvP into a blood soaked VtM.
    Options
  • skyprowerb14_ESO
    Now that last night's insanity is over and I'm a little more clear on things, I wanted to chime in to second Phoenix's remark on the Silver Bolts thing; it just seems highly ineffective for dealing with vampires. I was fighting one yesterday in a small one-on-one skirmish, I'd actually gotten the drop on them since I'd noticed them stealth and tiptoed up behind them, and nailed them with Silver Bolts from close range, expecting to be able to get some hits in with my fire-enchanted sword. Unfortunately for me, the vampire (looked to be a mage, or at least a robe-wearing staff user) hopped right back to her feet in the next half-second. I tried using Silver Bolts a couple more times and the stuns did indeed apply, but she broke out of them just as quickly over and over, so I ended up dying. I tried to use my Vampire's Bane spells on her before I got wrecked, but it wasn't all that helpful. I actually like Silver Bolts a lot and keep it on my second skillbar almost full-time, but it only seems to be useful in PvE.

Aside from one character all the way back when I first started with Oblivion, I've never really played vampires. I don't want to knock anyone who likes rolling with the vamps, though. I just think that something, something definitely needs tweaking. Whether it's the vampire's skills, the vampire's strengths and weaknesses, available gear sets, Fighters Guild skills, who knows.

EDIT: Oh, and the vampire I was fighting in question didn't use the whole overpowered Bat Swarm thing, nor did they have to Mist away at any point. It was a straight up normal kill since I just couldn't stun her.
    Edited by skyprowerb14_ESO on April 29, 2014 10:29PM
    Sahraaji, Covenant Khajiit Templar, Ch90 Ranger (DPS)
    Jah'zaan, Covenant Khajiit Nightblade, Pre-Champ Acrobat (DPS)
    Cleaves-In-Two, Pact Argonian Dragonknight, Pre-Champ Mercenary (Tank)
    Cylaerin, Dominion Bosmer Sorceror, Pre-Champ Sage (Healer)
    (@SkyBlueFox1)
    Options
  • Reavan
    Reavan
    ✭✭✭
    batswarm and mistform need to be nerfed/fixed into the ground.
    That is coming from a vampire though I admit I do not abuse these abilities.

Infact as a quick fix they should simply disable them until they can fix it.
    Edited by Reavan on April 29, 2014 10:45PM
    Options
  • limeli8
    limeli8
    ✭✭✭
    Mist form should be targetable easy, and both mistform and batswarm need their costs to be higher by like 10-20%. Let me tell you lol batswarm is not OP at all if it costs over 100 ult to use. And nether is mist if people can target you easy. Then again 6 target limit on batswarm is already a big nerf so i guess we'll see.
    I have to give a credit to AD pack of Vampires with VR10 Night Mistress leading them (seriously VR10 10 days after the official release?).

Night Mistress - v12 Former Empress Sorcerer AD
    Night Mistress II - v12 Night Blade AD
    Options