Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Little Wasp Buddy

Gelston
Gelston
✭✭✭
Okay, I've had this happen twice now. Once was when I was in Bangkorai just running around and the other was when I was in the vet Shadowfen zone. Anyways, I'd basically be killing a bunch of wasps and a young wasp appears that follows you around like a pet or summon. It even fights for you in combat.

The first one I had I didn't realize it would fight for me, I honestly though a GM was controlling it and following me around because I had just reported one of those items with a question mark for a picture. It stopped following me after about 10 minutes and then disappeared.

The second one, however, fought for me when I started attacking other wasps. It was eventually killed, to my sadness, by one of the wasps. It is a pretty neat little thing and I hope it is intentional.
  • Sorpaijen_ESO
    Sorpaijen_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I saw that, and wondered if it was some kind of vanity pet or "trophy" for a mission I had not yet discovered...
  • Loxy37
    Loxy37
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ive also had that happen but not sure why.
  • aldlv13
    aldlv13
    same thing happened to me in glenumbra they were so adorable was depressed when it died :(
    "Altmer. They act all high and mighty until you leave them in a pool of their own blood." -Blademaster Owyn
  • N_Hearthcroft
    I also had that happen, after I killed one of the adult wasps. I think it was in Betnikh? It stopped following after I passed a group of NPCs on one of the roads.

I also thought it was a GM, but now I'm not so sure.
    Noreen Hearthcroft | Daggerfall Covenant | Hopesfire Campaign
  • archangel978
    archangel978
    Soul Shriven
    The Wasp Queen does it I think, plants an egg.
  • Orchish
    Orchish
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had the same thing happen over a week ago. At first i thought it was like one of those baby spiders that sometimes appear after killing a bigger one, only instead of attacking me like the baby spider, the wasp followed me around for a while like a pet.
  • Dekkameron
    Dekkameron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had this too in Greenshade i think it was.. I thought it was part of a quest and i busily looked through the quests i had to no avail.
    - Veteran Combat Librarian -
  • Orchish
    Orchish
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wtf are you blabbing on about? :S
  • Gelston
    Gelston
    ✭✭✭
    This thread has basically come down to I like pie.
  • RustyBlades
    RustyBlades
    ✭✭✭
    There was a thread on this. When you kill too many wasps or a queen (can't remember) a baby wasps appears and says "you killed my mommy so now you are my mommy."
  • ancienthero
    ancienthero
    Soul Shriven
    Gelston wrote: »
    This thread has basically come down to I like pie.

It's true. I do like pie!

And the wasp thing has also happened to me. I don't know of any other critter where this happens though.
  • Syntse
    Syntse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Happens in Grahtwood also. Thought it was pretty cool.
    Syntse Dominion Khajiit Dragonknight Stamina Tank [50]
    Ra'Syntse Dominion Khajiit Nightblade Magica DPS [50]
    Syntselle Dominion Dark Elf Dragonknight Magica DPS [50]
    Syntseus Dominion Imperial Templar Healer [50]
    Syntsetar Dominion High Elf Sorcerer Magica DPS [50]
    Friar Tuktuk Daggerfall Brenton Templar Healer [50]
    Syntseyn Ebonheart Brenton Nightblade Magica DPS [50]
  • Sue_D_Nim
    Sue_D_Nim
    ✭✭✭
    It just happened to me. I think it's very cool. My baby wasp has gotten stuck or something, though, and stopped following me. I went afk for a few minutes to look up information on him and found this thread. When I returned, he had disappeared. I'm kind of sad, and now I'm running around killing wasps to see if he'll come back.
    "If danger doesn't find her, she'll seek it out and invite it home to dinner." ~ Prince Naemon
    "Such despair! Richer than a cheese sorbet!" ~ Sheogorath
  • Chryos
    Chryos
    ✭✭✭✭
    Whatever it is, I liked it, I liked it alot.
    If I am going to quote someone, it's going to be me.
  • disexistencenub19_ESO
    My friend from work just started playing a few days ago, so I made a new character to level with him. While venturing in Betnikh, he found a wasp like this and was freaking out about how awesome it was. He relogged to see if it would stay, but it disappeared. He then went around the zone massacring every wasp he could find, but another one never followed and he was quite saddened by this. It was quite amusing to witness the genocide of the wasp population in his attempt to get another; him screaming bloody murder every time a wasp crossed his sights.
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Happened to me too. If you fight one of the yellow wasps, they have an attack where they attach an egg onto you. If you kill the mother before the egg hatches, the little wasp will think you're it's mother and follow you.
    :)
  • N_Hearthcroft
    SirAndy wrote: »
    Happened to me too. If you fight one of the yellow wasps, they have an attack where they attach an egg onto you. If you kill the mother before the egg hatches, the little wasp will think you're it's mother and follow you.
    :)

Oh dear, that is quite gruesome, if it is anything at all like this:
    livescience.com/14706-ladybug-wasp-parasite-protection.html
    Noreen Hearthcroft | Daggerfall Covenant | Hopesfire Campaign
  • Arsvita
    I've had this happen, once, and the little fella didn't stick around. :(
  • global_gbb16_ESO
    global_gbb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Aha - google is my friend. I've just got this little groupie too.
  • Kaaylim
    Kaaylim
    ✭✭
    Mine didn't die, but just stop following me after many honourable fights together :'(
    It is really sad indeed

I guess it just grew up....

That is what you must feel when you child start spreading his wings...
  • Ysne58
    Ysne58
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LIttle wasp buddy is so cute.
  • Sandmanninja
    Sandmanninja
    ✭✭✭✭
    But he dies... :(
    I'd get a baby wasp in the crown store... (hint hint)
    [Hard Mode Dungeoneers] is recruiting all players of all levels for this new Guild.
    THIS IS A NEW-BUT-GROWING GUILD. We are focused on doing vet pledges, vet dungeons, getting achieves, & doing hard mode bosses.
    Most active GMT+10 (Australia time zone) in the afternoon Mon-Fri and all day Sat/Sun.
    Pst/email for info/invites.
  • Hookgrin
    Hookgrin
    ✭✭✭
    The yellow wasp lays an egg on the back of your neck, the animation is rather disgusting. Once born it thinks you are it's mommy and it will follow you around and fight to defend you. Unfortunately it's health is quite low and it does not survive long, poor little fella, it tried so hard.
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I saw it first in a dungeon in EP - someone had a little half-sized wasp following her around with one of those symbols that noted it was a member of her party. I totally envied her for days.

Then months later fighting wasps with a different character in Grahtwood, it happened to me. So totally cute - which is a bizzare thing for an insect phobic person to say about a WASP for pete's sake - but it really was cute.

So I want in the crown store some sort of nectar thing that I can use to attract a wasp, or a group of torchbugs, or mabye a couple of those cute butterflies to hang with me.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • Darkonflare15
    Darkonflare15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ha this happens every time you have a wasp lay a egg in you. You can have up to two of the buddies following you. It looks cool but they die eventually.
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Heck, most of my characters are mer .... so anyone/thing they hang out with will "die eventually"

as a slight aside, my hubby told me that if you do see the egg-laying and/or hatching animation its kind of gross so I'm glad I missed it (so far).
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • LameoveR
    LameoveR
    ✭✭✭✭
    When 2 wasps appears, one is enemy for me, second is buddy. They fights between themselves.
    Edited by LameoveR on April 12, 2015 3:52AM
  • thegreatrsd
    thegreatrsd
    Soul Shriven
    So He's not coming back? I'm so devastated. I loved that little wasp.
  • JuniperTwist
    JuniperTwist
    ✭✭
    I ignored my little wasp for a few minutes while I googled why the hell it was following me, and it turned angry and started attacking me and i had to kill it :(
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Aww I've never had one turn on me.

I was working up my WW skill running from nest to nest, and I got quite a few temporary little buddies.

I'd pay for a Crown Store item to allow me to "keep" him.

Or her.