Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Is there only one bank location per Zone? Only one in Glenumbra etc?

SpAEkus
SpAEkus
✭✭✭✭
Can't find any links to ?bank Locations" or maps links that show banks.

Are they actually limited to one central bank per zone? Daggerfall the only bank in all of Glenumbra and the same for rest of DC zones? One Per?

Trying to harvest Northern Glenumbra and was hoping some other towns had banks.
  • Kadigan
    Kadigan
    ✭✭✭
    Speaking from experience (in Auridon only) I think most large cities have banks.

Edit: Larger cities that might contain banks can be identified on your map. They'll highlight when you mouse over the area :)
    Edited by Kadigan on April 23, 2014 5:09AM
    Daggerfall Covenant: Fork-Stealer, Argonian Dragonknight
    Aldmeri Dominion: Kadigan, Bosmer Nightblade
    Let's be civil, shall we?
  • BlackSparrow
    BlackSparrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's not a hard and fast rule, but it's a basic pattern. It would probably be more accurate to say that each zone has at least one bank.

Stonefalls only has the one in Davon's Watch (and not in Ebonheart) for example. Auridon, however, has one in both Vulkhel Guard and Skywatch. Depends on how thickly populated your area is, it seems.
    Edited by BlackSparrow on April 23, 2014 5:07AM
    Living vicariously through my characters.

My Girls:
    "If you were trapped in your house for, say, a year, how would you pass the time?"

Nephikah the Houseless, dunmer assassin: "I suppose I could use the break. I have a lot of business holdings now that need management."
    Swum-Many-Waters, elderly argonian healer: "I think that I would enjoy writing a memoir."
    Silh'ki, khajiit warrior-chef: "Would this one be able to go outside, to the nearby river? It's hard to fish without water!"
    Peregrine Huntress, bosmer hunter: "Who is forcing me to stay inside, and where can I find them?"
    Lorenyawe, altmer mechanist: "And why would I want to go outside in the first place? Too much to be done in the workshop."
    Lorelai Magpie, breton master thief: "I'd go nuts. Lucky for me, I have a little experience sneaking out!"
    Rasheda the Burning Heart, redguard knight: "I would continue my training to keep my skills sharp."
    Hex-Eye Azabi, khajiit daedric priestess: "I suppose it would be lucky, then, that I built a shrine to Mephala in my backyard."
    Yngva Stormhammer, nord bandit (reformed...ish): "I hate being inside even when I'm not forced to be. GET. ME. OUT."
    Madam Argentia, vampire dunmer aristocrat: "I suppose it would be more of the same. I have a rather... contentious relationship with the sun."
    Mazie gra-Bolga, orc scout: "Uh... I'd have to house train my bear..."
    Felicia the Wanderer, imperial witch-for-hire: "What Lorelai said."
    Calico Jaka-dra, retired khajiit pirate: "This one would like a rest from her grand adventures. Her jewel shop runs out of stock!"
    Shimmerbeam, blind altmer psijic: "Provided that I am confined to Artaeum, I do not think I will want for things to occupy my time."
    Shauna Blackfire, redguard necromancer: "Sounds like paradise. I hate people."
    Kirniel the Undying, cursed bosmer warrior: "I would feel useless, not being able to fight."
    Echoes-from-Dragons, argonian who thinks she's a dragon: "All the better to count my hoard!"

(Signature idea shamelessly stolen from Abeille.)
  • tylarthb16_ESO
    tylarthb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    from doing all of EP and some DC, pattern is 1 bank per zone, in the main city, why the other cities (if any) don't have one, even if they have all the crafts and merchants present is a bit of a mystery. No banks makes the craft areas somewhat decorative than practical.
  • software_goddess
    software_goddess
    ✭✭✭
    I don’t mind using wayshrines to get to banks but I think the game REALLY needs more banks, if for no other reason than to thin the crowds at the few banks there are.