The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

What's generating these errors?

Rhime
Rhime
✭✭
Getting these errors upon log in..any ideas why they are happening?

[img][/img]Screenshot_20140421_203713.png

[img][/img]Screenshot_20140421_203723.png

• Duck
    Duck
    ✭✭✭
    It's something with Research Assistant. Try the old standard of turning it off and on again (with a reload inbetween).
    What I lack in gameplaying ability I make up for in smack talk.
  • Cairenn
    Cairenn
    ✭✭✭
    Also check to make sure you are running the latest version. :)
    Cairenn
    Co-founder & Administrator
    ESOUI
  • Rhime
    Rhime
    ✭✭
    Can you also explain a "too many anchors" error message I'm getting now?
  • Wykkyd
    Wykkyd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Too many anchors error is currently being caused via collision with multiple addons. A LOT of addon authors are working on fixing it on their ends, myself included. It just started with this most recent patch, though I'm not sure why. Some addons only throw the error when combined with specific other addons. Different combinations seem to work for different people and the main difference seems to be addon load order.
  • Rhime
    Rhime
    ✭✭
    Thanks Wykkyd..I'll await further info on this.
  • Azrazel
    Azrazel
    ✭✭
    Wykkyd wrote: »
    Too many anchors error is currently being caused via collision with multiple addons. A LOT of addon authors are working on fixing it on their ends, myself included. It just started with this most recent patch, though I'm not sure why. Some addons only throw the error when combined with specific other addons. Different combinations seem to work for different people and the main difference seems to be addon load order.

How do you change the load order?
  • Wykkyd
    Wykkyd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Azrazel wrote: »
    How do you change the load order?
    When you find that out let me know ;)
  • Azrazel
    Azrazel
    ✭✭
    http://wiki.esoui.com/Addon_manifest_(.txt)_format#DependsOn

So basically if you want an addon to load before other addons, I guess you'd have to make it a dependency of those other addons by manually adding the lines in. Hmm, maybe there could be a script/program made to do that.
  • Wykkyd
    Wykkyd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That doesn't help for all addons, only things that are dependent. And it doesn't resolve the issue I mentioned.
  • Rhime
    Rhime
    ✭✭
    Any word on the anchors issue? I'm still getting the error every time I log in.
  • Vantor
    Vantor
    ✭✭✭
    If everything's working fine and you just want to get rid of the UI error message use Zolan's Anchors Away
    Edited by Vantor on May 5, 2014 11:43AM
    Invictus EU Guild Officer
  • Loxy37
    Loxy37
    ✭✭✭✭
    Simple. Uninstall all addons and enjoy a error free ui. I've always used addons in MMOs but ESO is so buggy at the moment, I'll wait until its more stable before considering any addons.
  • Rhime
    Rhime
    ✭✭
    Loxy37 wrote: »
    Simple. Uninstall all addons and enjoy a error free ui. I've always used addons in MMOs but ESO is so buggy at the moment, I'll wait until its more stable before considering any addons.

Uh, thanks, but no thanks...some addons are required for me.
  • trahe
    trahe
    ✭✭
    But the idea does have merit. Uncheck one addon at a time until you find the one that is causing the error. I am using a dozen addons and I do not have this error so something you are using is causing it.
  • Rhime
    Rhime
    ✭✭
    Yes, that I have done in the past, but I'll not be uninstalling all of them going ui free..:)