The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Bosses drop loot/special items?

nkdoddb16_ESO
nkdoddb16_ESO
Soul Shriven
Ok so I've been reading quite a few threads about public dungeons and the bosses and how people and bots are just hanging around to farm the boss guys. My question is that are these bosses always supposed to drop good loot or trophies of some kind? I've "killed" (and by that I mean I was lucky enough to get one hit in) a few but there was never anything to loot. I get the achievemnts of "completing ___ dungeon" but no items. So am I confused about what the bosses are or is it a bot problem or some sort of glitch?
  • Kazarr
    Kazarr
    You're not doing enough damage to get the loot, because the bots are grouped and all co-ordinate their hits as soon as the boss spawns.
    Right now, if you're a DK you can yank the boss away from them if you're quick enough - or if you're a Nightblade you can burst enough damage to get the loot, but a lot of builds (especially support builds) have no chance.
  • AbraCadabra
    AbraCadabra
    ✭✭✭
    The bosses are fine, it's a severe bot problem. The bots are to quick and if you don't spec all instants, you will never get enough damage in on the boss to get loot. The bosses can drop a specific blue item and/or random whites, soul gems, enchants, and gold. Just keep reporting every one of them that you run across. I have a feeling this is a problem that won't be fixed without punishing the real players.
  • nkdoddb16_ESO
    nkdoddb16_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Ok thank you... I thought it might be bots but I didn't know... I'm new to this whole MMORPG thing :)