Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

how does heal agro work?

Svann
Svann
✭✭✭
Do mobs agro based on how much healing you do or do they just like to eat players in cloth? More specifically, if I cast an aoe heal on my templar tank will that draw the agro as well as hitting them? Seems like it should work but maybe thats too easy, cause then I could be both healer and tank in one.
  • Natjur
    Natjur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When tanking, spamming an AOE damage and an AOE heal really does keep all the mobs on you. Sometimes too well... plus it always helps the healer if you are popping of a few heals yourself
    Edited by Natjur on April 23, 2014 3:50AM
  • Kuettbullen
    Im a healer and I've had alot of tanks losing aggro in dungeons when I throw 1 heal to keep them up. But then I get the occasional tank that does assist heal and I never get aggro from them. Is there where the future in AoE tanking is? Assist healing and AoE to keep aggro on trash
    Think before you act. There are always consequenses to your actions eventhough you may not notice them
  • Audigy
    Audigy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think the key point is that you only heal if necessary and not all the time. Its a bit like Vanilla wow if you remember this?

If you healed a tank before he actually engaged the boss, you were toast :D Back then players had to wait a while and it works the same now with TESO.

No tank will instantly die, its the power attacks of bosses that really hurt, but those should be dodged anyways. A Templar tank also has a heal skill line, not sure how many use it but I get along fine with it and seldom need a heal.

But this is purely based on low level dungeons, and beta experience so I am not sure how reliable my self heal would be in say VR content.

As for the add´s and smaller mobs that appear, those are for the DPS. They should instantly nuke them down before they even reach the Healer. Also CC should be "abused", protecting the healer is no longer just the tanks job.