Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

stamina vs magicka

SeeD
SeeD
Soul Shriven
Simple, all the class skill are magicka, almost all of the ultimate are scaled on magicka except dragon leap,( which is pretty bugged specially the area of effect)

4 weapon are based on stamina 2 on magicka, weapon don't have ultimate
stamina weapon aoe are very weak. single is ok
magicka are good aoe and single.

vampire use magicka and can use skill whenever+ an ultimate, werewolves have to use ultimate to transform and use 2 skill. for less than 30s they use stamina,

Should we all role magicka based build or Is me or ?? WTF has been done here, is completely unbalanced,

+ Why make elder scroll in PvP not being carrying on horse, but give it to a sorcerer and even a vampire sorcerer and is *** faster than usain bolt and all horses on the map...

There is a lot a bug frustrating in PvE but when U reach the unbalance in PvP you start thinking what am I doing in this game.
  • skarvika
    skarvika
    ✭✭✭✭
    I use stamina quite frequently; in fact, I'm using it more than magicka now because my armor buff uses stamina. Then again, the only reason I've got more points in stamina is because the buff uses a lot of it...
    QQing is a full time job
  • Jonnymorrow
    Jonnymorrow
    ✭✭✭
    Stamina is rather shite I must say. Aoe stamina builds are just plain bad. Could defo do with a little buff. I've gone from stamina/hp based DK with 2h/1h to destruction/1h with magic/hp because the stamina build was just weak as hell in VR content.
  • Rurdrick
    Rurdrick
    Personally, I love to use stamina, I love every single ability.

The problem is that stamina just isn't versatile enough.

The goal of this game is to obviously make a bunch of spellcasters because stamina abilities that could be there, just aren't.
  • Chelo
    Chelo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have every single point in stamina and I cant think about a better ''overall dps'' build right now for my Nightblade...

Khajit, NB, Medium Armor, Bow, 2H, every single point in stamina...
  • SeeD
    SeeD
    Soul Shriven
    you can't think, is because you put all in stamina and didn't try magicka.. but I won't say is bad on single target NB assassin style. but the fact is, there too few stamina based ability well only weapon, when u have 3x4 skill tree using magicka..
    + ultimate scaling on magicka. even the *** dawnbreaker from the fighter guildedoes magicka damage............ WTF everything is turn around magicka in this game :/
  • ZiRM
    ZiRM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm almost all in Magicka and a few in Stamina. 45 Magicka and 4 Stamina as a matter of fact.
    Want to become Vampire? 5k @ZiRM in game.
    ESO Server Status. ( ^_^)o自自o(^_^ ) SkåL!!!!!
  • SeeD
    SeeD
    Soul Shriven
    to be honest me i have all in health, and with my armor I cap easily stamina or magicka. but that's not the point.

Actually see what an Aoe Bombing magicka group does in PvP compare to a any sort of stamina bombing if there is one, there is none.

Now see how efficient could be a single target vs this aoe bombing group. is close to zero even cloth wearer got more resistant than med/heavy, and with the advantage that they have. is pretty much use cloth for the passive related to magicka because anyway all skill almost are magicka based

Is just UNbalanced, they didn't think before doing this game.. bouz before during and after meeting i guess, coded with foot
  • zamiel
    zamiel
    ✭✭✭
    SeeD wrote: »
    to be honest me i have all in health, and with my armor I cap easily stamina or magicka. but that's not the point.

Actually see what an Aoe Bombing magicka group does in PvP compare to a any sort of stamina bombing if there is one, there is none.

Now see how efficient could be a single target vs this aoe bombing group. is close to zero even cloth wearer got more resistant than med/heavy, and with the advantage that they have. is pretty much use cloth for the passive related to magicka because anyway all skill almost are magicka based

Is just UNbalanced, they didn't think before doing this game.. bouz before during and after meeting i guess, coded with foot
    Ditto. Due to overcharge having stats in health makes you more flexible. You basically can respec on the field and it's extremely handy. You are sacrificing about 100 mag/sta at cap, which is negligible.

For the rest - well, my pvp experiences are limited - I don't want to pvp without capping first, it makes too much of a difference. And AoE bombing might work in an AvA situation, but if you are talking about small groups - which most pvp will be, I can see how single target burst can and will be effective - granted it needs way more coordination than brainless AoE spam.
  • fredarbonab14_ESO
    fredarbonab14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    ^^^ "There is a lot a bug frustrating in PvE but when U reach the unbalance in PvP you start thinking what am I doing in this game. "

Ah, the old PvP 'balance' clamor. ESO is staying well away from that little nightmare by letting YOU make the personal choices, not them. Good question, what are you doing here if you that unhappy.
  • Chelo
    Chelo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    you can't think, is because you put all in stamina and didn't try magicka.. but I won't say is bad on single target NB assassin style. but the fact is, there too few stamina based ability well only weapon, when u have 3x4 skill tree using magicka..
    + ultimate scaling on magicka. even the *** dawnbreaker from the fighter guildedoes magicka damage............ WTF everything is turn around magicka in this game :/

Well every single point in stamina give you a huge burst against single target enemies... And my playstyle its like a marksman, I just try to kill the weakest threat as fast as possible and then back up, Im never in zergs or in AoE groups or in the heat of the battle, Im just an Sniper...

Just watch this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-97mrfaqdw This isnt my build but its kind of similiar to my playstyle.

Now Im thinking about giving all my points to HP and just softcap Stamina with gear...
  • SeeD
    SeeD
    Soul Shriven
    yeah well I will watch now but but you said yourself, you never with a group you snipe how do you want to do you job for your realm if you play alone and there is hundred of mini and max zerg going around spaming magicka base spell..

and If i remeber correctly this vido is from the beta, and he is a lvl 32 see group of veteran 10.
    Edited by SeeD on April 23, 2014 2:18PM
  • SeeD
    SeeD
    Soul Shriven
    ^^^ "There is a lot a bug frustrating in PvE but when U reach the unbalance in PvP you start thinking what am I doing in this game. "

Ah, the old PvP 'balance' clamor. ESO is staying well away from that little nightmare by letting YOU make the personal choices, not them. Good question, what are you doing here if you that unhappy.

I still have 7 days free :)
  • SeeD
    SeeD
    Soul Shriven
    zamiel wrote: »

Ditto. Due to overcharge having stats in health makes you more flexible. You basically can respec on the field and it's extremely handy. You are sacrificing about 100 mag/sta at cap, which is negligible.

For the rest - well, my pvp experiences are limited - I don't want to pvp without capping first, it makes too much of a difference. And AoE bombing might work in an AvA situation, but if you are talking about small groups - which most pvp will be, I can see how single target burst can and will be effective - granted it needs way more coordination than brainless AoE spam.

As you said your PvP experience is limited.

I play every night pvp. small group is fine actually but due to circumstance atm combat are most of the time concentrate around an area, specially due to sword cross apearing on map even for small scale, you turn around and see zerg rushing to the cross.

Now single burst may be viable, is what I am trying atm but NO you try to single one target you get aoe magicka bombed before killing it.

did you see any destruction staff user in PvE soloting in less time that i have to say pack of mob spamming one skills while as a single target you have manage the 3.

is justeinsanely unbalanced

• Kyubi_3002b16_ESO
    Kyubi_3002b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I use aoe stamina but im not doing it for damage. While 2h sword Carve deals a little damage the true advantage of it is in the massive ultimate gain from target hits wich allows me to constantly spam devouring swarm. So what my rotation look like right now? Shadowcloak, power drain, Carve, Carve, Carve, Carve, Invigorating drain, Devouring swarm, Carve, Carve.... and when my target gives me opening I just use a heavy attack of course altrought smashing 10 target + with that build is bloody hilarious.

Ill just build for magicka but im putting all my point in health :neutral_face:
    Edited by Kyubi_3002b16_ESO on April 23, 2014 2:35PM
    One bow to darken the sun
    One bow to unite the clans
    One bow to conquer the world and in darkness drown it...

- Prophecy of the tyranny of the sun
  • Crescent
    Crescent
    ✭✭✭✭
    Don't say all magicka is better than stamina. Some is.

Sorcerer AoE sucks. It's destruction staff's impulse and mage's guild volcanic/scalding rune that does the real aoe damage. Lightning Flood sucks from stormcalling.

And the ones with most aoe are actually fire staff DK's, maybe they even go vamp. The benefit casters have is safety while AoE bombing.

They just need to buff stamina aoe skills like 2h Cleave.

Screw bow though, that weapon is fine as is if not outright OP.
    Edited by Crescent on April 23, 2014 4:13PM
  • Chelo
    Chelo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yeah well I will watch now but but you said yourself, you never with a group you snipe how do you want to do you job for your realm if you play alone and there is hundred of mini and max zerg going around spaming magicka base spell..

and If i remeber correctly this vido is from the beta, and he is a lvl 32 see group of veteran 10.

LOL I dont care about my realm, I just like to kill people running around and like it or not, this playstyle work for that purpose...

In a zerg battle, the only important thing are the numbers, it doesnt matter if you have the best build/gear/V10/etc, numbers win the battle not the skill of players. Of course zergs are just spaming AoE like crazy, this isnt nothing new in the genre, it happends in every MMO that have big scale pvp. So if you want to be a zerg and build for being a zerg, feel free to do it, are you going to win big scale battles? probably, but If someone like me catch you running arround alone without help, you are dead, thats what I build to do in MMOs...
    Edited by Chelo on April 23, 2014 4:34PM
  • RockmSockm
    Stamina is light years behind magika for damage builds.

2hand has the same gearing problems Skyrim had. DW has zero good class skills to spend stamina on, so its left as an auto attack tree. 1hand and shield is the best stamina based dps and the only option.
  • Duvaineth
    Duvaineth
    Stamina is rather shite I must say. Aoe stamina builds are just plain bad. Could defo do with a little buff. I've gone from stamina/hp based DK with 2h/1h to destruction/1h with magic/hp because the stamina build was just weak as hell in VR content.

/agree the weapon skills that use stamina are useless in V content.
  • KellieHusker
    KellieHusker
    ✭✭
    It is rather insane what some of the mana based skills are capable of doing, part of this is the ease of getting spell pen via light armour, but in general they need to reduce the stamina skill costs by another 30% and reduce some of the mana based aoe damage such as impulse.

This is from the perspective of vet 10 group dungeons and public dungeons.
  • Harakh
    Harakh
    ✭✭✭
    I switched from stamina based NB to Magicka damage is way better, i am in the VR2 area. Zenimax need to do something about this.
    Die Welt in einem Sandkorn sehen
    Und den Himmel in einer wilden Blume;
    Die Unendlichkeit in der Handfläche halten
    Und die Ewigkeit in einer Stunde.
  • Teloran
    Teloran
    ✭✭✭
    I do agree that most magica skill are better then stamina skills, but the issue is more complicated then people are making it out to be.

While damage skills scale with the resource you use, utility skills often do not in a meaningful way. Magic utility skills are also often much more powerful then their stamina counterparts.

A good example of this is the Nightblade's invisibility skill. It effectively stuns all enemies attacking you for a few seconds then pushes you well into both mitigation soft capd for 4 second plus the additional effects of the morphs. It's a fantastic skill but it can be a considerable magica drain. Stacking stamina and focusing on the few stamina damage abilities that don't suck (flying blade, blood craze ect) allows you to trade a small amount of damage for a significant boost in survivability.