The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

hiding more armor pieces

taylorwilenskiub17_ESO
I want to hide more armor than just my helmet (i.e., my chest piece).

After meeting Sai Sahan, I really wanted to make a character similar to him. He looked badass.
  • Niji
    Niji
    Soul Shriven
    Soo.... you are basicly saying you want to run around Tamriel in your underwear? :P
    "Hey! Listen!" -Navi
  • Kemono
    Kemono
    ✭✭✭
    Niji wrote: »
    Soo.... you are basicly saying you want to run around Tamriel in your underwear? :P
    Im not sure in what alliance you are, but in EP ton of players are running even without their skin (they using some disguise that make you look like a skeleton >:) )

Btw OP -
    i dont think this be possible right now, or anytime soon. In MMOs with advanced slot control (where you can slot vanity clothing in each slot) you quite offten can just slot "invisible cloth", and it override your normal equipment

Maybe you find some matching disguise?

Edited by Kemono on April 23, 2014 1:30AM
  • Arsvita
    I want to hide more armor than just my helmet (i.e., my chest piece).

After meeting Sai Sahan, I really wanted to make a character similar to him. He looked badass.

I may not be "hiding" my armor, my head slot is already hidden, by the way of Sai Sahan or other NPC's, but I do like to wear my "Sea Drakes" disguise.

I have thrown out all the other disguises so far, but maybe I'll find another I really like.

The disguises allow me to change my outfit, to some degree, that hides my Heavy Armor that I otherwise would be shown wearing. :smile:
  • Glurin
    Glurin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Actually we want an option to hide that too. :trollface:

"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster...when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..."
  • taylorwilenskiub17_ESO
    Well at least give me a Sai Sahan style costume!
  • LadyInTheWater
    LadyInTheWater
    ✭✭✭
    As appealing as a throng of shirtless guys may be, I think it'd be pretty obvious how quickly a bunch of guys would make female characters, and just run around topless killing monsters.

I hate to break it to you, but killing monsters while topless isn't in the top 5 things that women do with their time.
    The moment you call someone stupid, or try to display your opinion as "fact", you lose all credibility.
  • temjiu
    temjiu
    ✭✭✭✭
    to me its more the "extra" gear I'd like to hide as an option. This being pauldrons (for some reason 3/4 of the pauldron designs in this game look weird or out of place to me), and gloves. I like some gloves, but would love the option of them not showing as well.

Not a huge fan of the idea of "hide it all" lets at least be respectful...

on the note of costumes...we need the ability to set up a gear look and tag it as a "costume" I hate being forced to wear what a dev thinks my toon should wear at higher levels. for some reason high end gear just starts to look more ludicrous IMO. at least give me the option of finding a setup I like and "costume-izing" it.
  • Rad
    Rad
    ✭✭
    So why don't you just run without chest armor? It's quite easy to overcharge armor anyways, and I could do it without a chest piece.

I like to expect what I see. If I see a barechested barbarian I expect him to be less armored, simple as that. I hate games that lets you look like a jester while you actually wear a space marine terminator armor. I even disslike the common hide-helmet feature.

That said, the sad thing is that in CPRG's it's always benefitial to have full armor, and there's really no reason other than RP to remove it. But what if we've got let's say like 2% dodge chance per piece of armor missing? All of a sudden it could be an option.
  • rtx
    rtx
    ✭✭✭
    I want option to hide floating pieces:
    -pauldrons.
    -knee and elbow armour.
    -that loincloth-like thing.
  • KerinKor
    KerinKor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glurin wrote: »

Actually we want an option to hide that too. :trollface:
    Given the number of downloads of "Naked Morrowind" that comes as no surprise.
  • bluesodafizz
    bluesodafizz
    ✭✭✭
    I agree 100%, having the option to hide more armor would be great in lending a hand towards role playing. I would also specifically (if it's possible) like to have the ability to hide those hideous floating side panels that hang out next to my thighs...so dumb looking.
  • Tieberion
    Tieberion
    ✭✭✭
    Give it time. As every MMO grows, they all end up adding some kind of cosmetic system :]
  • meglon978ub17_ESO
    meglon978ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I hate to break it to you, but killing monsters while topless isn't in the top 5 things that women do with their time.

Tell that to Red Sonja and Boris Vallejo.
  • rtx
    rtx
    ✭✭✭
    Caius cosades cosplay.
    You stay shirtless in one place and say 'what is it, friend?' To everyone.
  • Glurin
    Glurin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Tell that to Red Sonja and Boris Vallejo.

Or just move to Japan. If anime has taught us anything, it's that the women over there fight monsters topless every day.

Also they carry gigantic mallets under their skirt to hit people with. How? Nobody really knows. :confused:
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster...when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..."
  • IIxGH0STxII
    IIxGH0STxII
    ✭✭
    rtx wrote: »
    Caius cosades cosplay.
    You stay shirtless in one place and say 'what is it, friend?' To everyone.
    Good ol' Caius - Going topless since 2002
    Edited by IIxGH0STxII on April 29, 2014 9:02AM
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, I would like to hide my gloves.
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • reggielee
    reggielee
    ✭✭✭✭
    any kind of more cosmetic options is a winner in my mind. the most basic and easy to do would be to enable the option of hiding any pc of armor on your combat gear you wear.
    Mama always said the fastest way to a man's heart is through his chest.
  • NukaCola
    NukaCola
    ✭✭✭
    Agreed. Anything to customize appearance is welcome.
  • Chalybos
    Chalybos
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sure that costumes are something on the horizon. We have the slot for costumes already available, and if it were intended just to be a vehicle to progress quests, it would have been simpler to make costumes a consumable.

Having said that, while I would like to get rid of the floating pauldrons and hip plates, I already see plenty of rotund female orcs in their underwear playing the part of the bank mule. Seeing "Princess Porkchop" standing on a dresser at the bank in a bikini and doing jumping jacks is not something I need to see every day.
  • Shiaxi
    Shiaxi
    ✭✭✭
    Chalybos wrote: »
    I'm sure that costumes are something on the horizon. We have the slot for costumes already available, and if it were intended just to be a vehicle to progress quests, it would have been simpler to make costumes a consumable.

Having said that, while I would like to get rid of the floating pauldrons and hip plates, I already see plenty of rotund female orcs in their underwear playing the part of the bank mule. Seeing "Princess Porkchop" standing on a dresser at the bank in a bikini and doing jumping jacks is not something I need to see every day.

HAH! that actually sounds awesome :p
  • huntgod_ESO
    huntgod_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like my Bankus Maximus, Bankus Optimus and Bankus Septimus toons...hadn't thought to have them do jumping jacks.

My sell toon is A Nigerian Prince...
    --- HuntGod ---
    Officer of the Unrepentant
    www.unrepentantgaming.com
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Chalybos‌
    Hey! I have a chubby Orc, she is my gear crafter and my second highest level character. If I find her crying in a corner when I get home and log in the game, I will send the ice cream bill to you!

But alright, alright, maybe hiding chest piece and pants are a bit too much. But how about gloves, pauldrons and boots? That would be enough for me.
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • Chalybos
    Chalybos
    ✭✭✭
    Sounds like my Bankus Maximus, Bankus Optimus and Bankus Septimus toons...hadn't thought to have them do jumping jacks.

My sell toon is A Nigerian Prince...

Oh ... man ... that's epic. Please, PLEASE tell me that you've sold someone a treasure map, but you're unable to cash in on it due to being a member of a different faction.
  • Chalybos
    Chalybos
    ✭✭✭
    Shiaxi wrote: »
    Chalybos wrote: »

HAH! that actually sounds awesome :p

It's like a train wreck. You know you shouldn't gawk, but you just can't help it.
  • Captain8504
    Captain8504
    ✭✭✭
    Hello, I know this is an old thread, but I would like to reinvigorate it. Since were getting new full bodied tattoos in the crown store, it would be nice to show them off and have protection at the same time.
  • Shortb0y
    Shortb0y
    ✭✭
    I have a barbarian type Orc and it would be great to be able to show some gear eg trousers and hide gear like chest and shoulders so I can show my cool tribal tattoos. Any update on this request?
  • Grimm13
    Grimm13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The shoulder pieces could at least have a small badge on the arm on a hide choice. Much like how the waist does just a buckle on many. It would clean up some horrible looking styles.
    https://sparkforautism.org/

Season of DraggingOn
    It's your choice on how you vote with your $

PC-NA
  • stitchesofdooom
    stitchesofdooom
    ✭✭✭✭
    can always get Fang Lair motif. Bit more covering than a bra but nice nd slooty. There is also Deadwater
    Say NO to Crown Crates. Crown Crates are Loot Boxes. Loot Boxes are gambling. Zenimax makes enough money off us.
    ESO+ is part of the "Games as a service" trend. A trend that needs to die. Subscribe only when you need Crowns for DLC.
    Say no to "radiant" junk quests replacing proper side content and the dumbing down of our favorite franchises.
    PCMR EU.
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Underwear is overrated. To hot the them where i live.