Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

Skill question

xxMemphis
xxMemphis
Do things like Battle Roar (restores 30% of your attributes when you use an Ultimate) and Banished the Wicked (grants 3 ultimate points per undead/deadric kill) apply to any ultimate or just the ultimate tied to that skill tree?
Sevin=v14 Breton Templar
PSN=xxMemphis
  • SirPuppingtonVonHat
    SirPuppingtonVonHat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any ultimate.
    The Psijic Order
  • Hellkath
    Hellkath
    Yes I believe skills that are tied only to one skill line actually mention it somewhere in the skill or skill name :) otherwise, I would also think it doesn't matter which skill line you use
  • xxMemphis
    xxMemphis
    Sweet thanks! Making my reset seem worth the cost more and more now
    Sevin=v14 Breton Templar
    PSN=xxMemphis
  • xxMemphis
    xxMemphis
    ok since you guys have been great at helping me...1 more question

If a skill says "increases x when slotted" does it only do that when it is your active hotbar. For example Defensive Posture (1H Skill tree) says it "Increase block mitigation and block cost when slotted" If I put it on my second hot bar and use my first hot bar for the fight will that part of the skill still work or will it have to be on my active hotbar
    Sevin=v14 Breton Templar
    PSN=xxMemphis
  • xxMemphis
    xxMemphis
    anyone know the answer to this?
    Sevin=v14 Breton Templar
    PSN=xxMemphis
  • Hellkath
    Hellkath
    Good question!
    I would hope that once slotted it works no matter which hotbar.. but I would like a straight answer to this as well seeing I am not a vet in this game by any means!
  • Darkleaf
    Darkleaf
    ✭✭
    xxMemphis wrote: »
    ok since you guys have been great at helping me...1 more question

If a skill says "increases x when slotted" does it only do that when it is your active hotbar. For example Defensive Posture (1H Skill tree) says it "Increase block mitigation and block cost when slotted" If I put it on my second hot bar and use my first hot bar for the fight will that part of the skill still work or will it have to be on my active hotbar

It has to be on your active hot bar. It won't affect you on the hidden one.
  • LunaRae
    LunaRae
    ✭✭✭✭
    @xxMemphis‌ As Darkleaf pointed out it must be on the active hotbar, unfortunately.
    Stands-Strong-As-Snow ~ Argonian Templar DC NA V14
    Ytheri ~ Argonian Nightblade EP Thornblade NA V14
    Heals-All-Colours ~ Argonian Templar EP Thornblade NA V14
    Stands-In-Still-Waters~ Argonian Sorcerer EP Thornblade NA V2
  • xxMemphis
    xxMemphis
    Thank you. Picking which stuff to put on a hotbar is tougher than picking a restaurant with my wife :\
    Sevin=v14 Breton Templar
    PSN=xxMemphis