Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Grouping with Friends at Different Levels

StratonAce
I'm wondering how everyone is handling grouping up with their friends when your characters are at different levels? Especially when the level difference is 7 or more?

I've got a character that is level 25 and is now happily running around the third big zone. I have a friend who just started playing with his character, is very low-level and will be in the first zone for quite a while.

I can take my level 25 to that first zone, be well over-leveled and adventure with him I guess, but my character will be killing everything before my friend can even land a hit most of the time... I also won't get any XP or loot drops. Yes, that can be done, but it sucks.

I so much wish that our characters were "leveled-down" when they went back to earlier zones, and I wish they still got XP and loot there (just greatly diminished).

How is everyone handling this?
  • StratonAce
    So, has anyone tried to make grouping work with friends with big level differences?
  • MistryssNite
    MistryssNite
    ✭✭✭
    I might suggest letting your friend get in a few blows before you even unsheathe your weapon. Perhaps, you could have a goal of finding crafting materials or making sure you explored every nook and crany. You can also lead the group and let your friend know the easiest ways to complete quests or where to find quests and materials. I'm sure there are other non-combat roles you can take while in easier areas.
    Current main: Pe'tra
    Female Khajiit Templar of the Aldmeri Dominion
    Feel free to join her in questing ^.^
    It's just been a morning of death