Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

AvA and Nameplates: Your assumptions are unfounded.

MightyToSave
Before you start your flaming, I realize that there are already threads about nameplates. Note that this thread is about nameplates in AvA/PvP specifically.

People say that nameplates would give away their position to the enemy. I'm not understanding how this is different than having your health bar/alliance symbol floating above your head (already in game). Wouldn't nameplates (if implemented) behave in the same way?

Flame on.
Edited by MightyToSave on April 22, 2014 4:36PM
  • Eliran
    Eliran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because people like to cry and hate the thinking of others enjoying the game as well.

Its called "Pure Selfishness", so they give invalid argue points in order to justify it.
  • zgrssd
    zgrssd
    ✭✭✭✭
    People say that nameplates would give away their position to the enemy. I'm not understanding how this is different than having your health bar/alliance symbol floating above your head (already in game). Wouldn't nameplates (if implemented) behave in the same way?
    Chance are it is not different and they would indeed behave identical.

Only difference is that name would allow identification of speicifc players in the combat without needing direct observation. It might be more helpfull to know that the enemy at one position is thier "tough as nails superblocker but low Damage" guy while at ther other they have thier "Ranged DPS/Healer guy".
    People that are really good at gathering intel from observation would be likely to dervive an advantage from it. People not so good would not have the same benefit.

Also Guilds might issue "default style" rules to make it harder for enemies to differentiate between two DPS jsut from amror appearance.

Some of my most important teamplay efforts when palying MechWarrior (only real PvP game I paly) is giving tactical inforamtion about enemy positions (beyond what the radar/map shows) and weaponry in chat. I am confident it helped getting more then one victory.
    Edited by zgrssd on April 22, 2014 5:08PM
    Elana Peterson (EU), Dominion, Imperial Sorc, Rune & Alchemy Crafting Char
    Leonida Peterson (EU), Daggerfall, Kajiit Nightblade, Tank & main Crafter
    Kurga Peterson (EU), Ebonhart, Ork Dragonknight, Provision Mule
    Coldblood Peterson (EU) Argonian Templer, Daggerfall, Healer
    Incendia Peterson (EU), Dominion, Dunmer Dragonknight, fire DPS & healer
    Haldor Belendor (EU), Ebonhart, Breton Sorcerer, Tank
    Fuliminictus Peterson (EU), Ebonhart, Altmer Sorcerer, Electric DPS

Me babbling about PvE roles and Armor, Short Guide to Addon Programming (for Programmers)

If you think anything I or somebody else said violates the Rules of this Forum, you are free to flag my posts. Till I get any notifcaion from this, I just asume you know you have no case against me or Zenimax disagrees with you.
  • MightyToSave
    zgrssd wrote: »
    ...Only difference is that name would allow identification of speicifc players in the combat without needing direct observation...

For enemy players they could do like many other MMOs do...have a generic nameplate "Ebonheart Pact Soldier".

Personally I don't really care about having enemy nameplates. The health bar and alliance tag is enough. I want to see which team mates are around me at a glance. Knowing who is who at a glance allows for better situational awareness and coordination of team efforts.

At the very least, I'd like to see a new Icon for group leader.