The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Prismatic [Spoilers] Weapon Question, Fighters Guild Quest Line

vyal
vyal
✭✭✭
So during the Fighters Guild Quest Line, I chose
a Prismatic Weapon. It has the effect of doing I think 56 base damage to Undead and Daedra, and is a level 43 Epic (purple) item.

It's a great weapon, no complaints, it's ideal for Coldharbour where you end up later. My question is...
Is there a higher level version of this item?
Is there a way to transmute this item to a level 50 version, via a quest?
Or
Is there any way, via enchanting, this same effect can be created on a new weapon?

Finally,
In your opinion, is it worth upgrading this weapon to Legendary? (orange) to keep using it to level 50? (I'm leaning towards no, but wanted to find out from others)

Thanks for reading.
  • Sihnfahl
    Sihnfahl
    ✭✭✭✭
    Once you complete the questline, it resets and you can choose the new form again, with a level equivalent of whatever you are at the tiem.

Is it good? Yes, it'll get you through Coldharbor.

Will you keep it forever? No. Veteran gear with top enchants will surpass it.

Is there a way to reforge it? No.
  • vyal
    vyal
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks Sihnfahl, pretty much what I expected, but always nice to get confirmation.
  • Darkholynova
    I completed the questline with my level 40 nightblade archer. I chose the bow, and used that bow during the quest as my main weapon. Now I've got a level 43 bow I can't use and I've already gotten rid of my old weapon because I didn't expect to lose my gear from the quest lol. I guess I'll have to equip the next random weapon I find.
  • GeeYouWhy
    GeeYouWhy
    ✭✭✭
    Sihnfahl wrote: »
    Once you complete the questline, it resets and you can choose the new form again, with a level equivalent of whatever you are at the tiem.

How does it reset? How can I run it again?
    Konrandir, Vampire Sorcerer
  • Blencathra
    Blencathra
    ✭✭✭
    The mistake I made was I chose staff in the quest, but it was a little lower in damage than the staff I already had, so at the end I chose my secondary weapon type (two-handed) and chose the greatsword. It was a purple item with this amazing damage. I just thought that the staff would be the same one they gave me before. So now I regret not getting the staff instead (as I assume it would have been better than the one in quest. I really wish they would let you deny it and look at the others first before deciding. I use my two-handed sometimes, but default with my staff.
  • Aldun
    Aldun
    never mind
    Edited by Aldun on May 2, 2014 1:54PM
  • Liquidus
    Liquidus
    ✭✭
    I have yet to replace this weapon (Bow) at Vet rank 2.. The enchant is just to strong.. Stealth openers give 248 crit damage from the enchant alone. It will take a very good weapon to surpass it..As it looks now I don't think mine will be replaced before Vet rank 5.

• Sakiri
    Sakiri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What style are these in anyway? I cant tell.
  • DLAROC_ESO
    I just updated the game today and when I started, my Prismatic Staff that Merric made me is gone. :(
  • stewie59
    stewie59
    Soul Shriven
    So I started the final Prismatic Weapon portion of the quest at LVL 38 and the weapon is lvl 40, do I need to wait until LVL 40 to complete this quest?
  • dividingbyzero
    stewie59 wrote: »
    So I started the final Prismatic Weapon portion of the quest at LVL 38 and the weapon is lvl 40, do I need to wait until LVL 40 to complete this quest?

Nope, you can do the quest normally with a regular weapon.
  • Sakiri
    Sakiri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    stewie59 wrote: »

Nope, you can do the quest normally with a regular weapon.

This.

Enchant would likely make it easier though on that weapon. I've never waited until 40 to do it, though I might on Lissana. Do them all at level(after Doshia and Gutsripper, which I outleveled a bit on accident ><)

Just did Will of the Council at 35... Iruzar can bite me.

Laggy as hell and I got the "hey, you can't use abilities" bug.
    Aelif also bugged out. Teleporting and obvious lag with where my staff beam was pointing.

Destro/resto Templar, LA. No Impulse spamming though.
  • Srugzal
    Srugzal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sihnfahl wrote: »

Is it good? Yes, it'll get you through Coldharbor.

Will you keep it forever? No. Veteran gear with top enchants will surpass it.

Is there a way to reforge it? No.

I happen to have a better purple weapon I crafted (doesn't have Precise but it does have a 31 point Frost inchant and more damage), so given that the Prismatic is purple, I decided to upgrade it to Legendary. But it won't upgrade.

Am I missing something?
  • Taliaferro
    Taliaferro
    Soul Shriven
    I was wondering this too. It doesn't give me the option to upgrade it, even though I have the necessary materials. Is it based on Blacksmithing skill level?

Has anyone been able to upgrade it?

Thanks!
  • dalegarrett95
    dalegarrett95
    Soul Shriven
    I see this is old.. but my experience with the staff was good. However, I did that quest at like 39 I think :/ I very quickly came across a much better staff a level later. I used it on back bar for tackling daedra and undead to make FG go faster so I could move on to next targets.. but it very quickly made more sense to use a stronger staff :/ it's a good staff but unless you know to do it at like 50. And (now) CP.. You're gonna out level it very quickly :( I'm CP 100 now and, well.. I'm getting and always have received better gear via dolems and quests :/ so I never bothered crafting. That prismatic weapon choice though, such a nice touch. And if you select the one your class gonna be using most.. like sorc destro staff.. go staff. But I would probably do it at a higher level so you can make most of it:/

Reading other comments.. it seems once you've had it reforged, and you out level it. You cannot have it forged again to match your level :( shame.
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's a Gold star Necro right there man, oldest yet!

But yeah, wait till you are CP160 before you complete FG was the trick.. BUt now 5k Tel Var buys you that enchant, it's less I.porta t a thing and it's unlikely its a set you would pick to level etc
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • neverwalk
    neverwalk
    ✭✭✭✭
    started a warden, collected skyshards and lorebooks until new warden was level 50, he automatically maxed out cp 808, then went and finished fighters guild questline and got Prismatic sword for level 50, cp 160 and then i upgraded to gold
    Edited by neverwalk on October 13, 2017 10:19PM