Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Making a new Healer, would appreciate some opinions.

ZiRM
ZiRM
✭✭✭✭✭
Which healing skills are the strongest and most useful?
Templar Healing Skills Line or Resto Healing Staff Skills?

I don't enjoy using staff so I'm hoping the answers will be the Templar Resto skill line lol. :D

Want to become Vampire? 5k @ZiRM in game.
ESO Server Status. ( ^_^)o自自o(^_^ ) SkåL!!!!!
  • Kronz
    Kronz
    ✭✭✭
    As a Templar healer I just healed my first vet run. I use a resto staff but I feel it could be done with out it but the question is what would u want to use instead? THe mana costs to heal as tmeplar are pretty high so if you were going to dps while u healed it would have to be stam based imo. as I still have mana issues at times even while slammin pots and using resto staff to get back mana.
  • ZiRM
    ZiRM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was actually thinking of using a bow/ one handed and shield combo. I'll probably be going High Elf so Magicka is no problem. I already have a vet sorcerer High Elf that is a magicka machine so I know the race works.
  • Custos91
    Custos91
    ✭✭✭
    As a templar you can carry nearly every failer... But you don't get ANY CC abbilitys on the class and your mana regg is easy capped, you don't have the awesome mechanics of the other two classes, to fill your mana, you have to burn your health and to do this, you have to grind mages guild...

The usage of skill depends on the situation, It is clearly more convenient to stand in the back and use the resto staff ae heal, but in my opinion lingering ritual will do the trick here...
    But anyway, you need he staff while you are healing, it is no passive or something, but as far as I know: heavy attacks with a resto staff gives you magicka back, much magicka, someone once said 10% per heavy attack, you wont have the option to miss that^^
    Warden Main apparently... 7 Wardens currently, otherwise a healer of every class.
    Mostly active in No CP PVP on EU, blaming the buffbot meta in pve.
    I want to feel like I am saving somebodies life, not like I am carrying amunition for them...
  • ZiRM
    ZiRM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok so opinions are mixed somewhat that you absolutely need a Resto staff.
  • Custos91
    Custos91
    ✭✭✭
    I just hittet vet 1, magicka is overcharged without using magicke regg rings or necklace, and I am throwing mana pots like M&Ms^^
    you need the resto staff for mana regg, especially with random groups...
    I am going to burn every vampire by myself who joins an instance without fire resistance, because he has spell resistance, I am going to kill them all, in the name of meridia!
    You have to expect the unecpectet and Rapid Healing/Mutagen is great for encounter with spreaded people anyways^^

Edit:
    If somebody could get me a little number crunshing/theorycrafting here I would be really cheered up, kind of confused on my own templar atm^^
    Edited by Custos91 on April 22, 2014 12:54PM
    Warden Main apparently... 7 Wardens currently, otherwise a healer of every class.
    Mostly active in No CP PVP on EU, blaming the buffbot meta in pve.
    I want to feel like I am saving somebodies life, not like I am carrying amunition for them...
  • BrassRazoo
    BrassRazoo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I seem to be having a lot of success with High Elf Sorcerer Healing.
    I am level 49 and have only stacked points in Magic and Health.
    It seems rather easy with Dark Exchange and high Magic to keep players up and also get time to swap to Destro Staff to pop in some DPS if needed.
    Along with Summoning, if all fails, I can spawn summons and heal them and swap and maybe get lucky and finish off a boss if all goes to hell.
    Also good for solo.
    Anyway this is just as back up as I planed on being DPS but have only stacked points in Destro and Healing staves.
  • Kyubi_3002b16_ESO
    Kyubi_3002b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Khajiit vampire nightblade healer :smiling_imp: to be honest I think Templar healing is over rated. Regardless having a triple enchanted jewelry with fire resist should always be a priority to a vampire player (you have a passive that give +10% to magicka and stamina recovery rate that copes for the loss of those trinket so why not give yourself a chance and gear fire resist? Preferably + 800 per item)
    Edited by Kyubi_3002b16_ESO on April 22, 2014 2:04PM
    One bow to darken the sun
    One bow to unite the clans
    One bow to conquer the world and in darkness drown it...

- Prophecy of the tyranny of the sun