Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

magelight // inner light question.

Xozah
Xozah
✭✭✭
does the magelight // inner light affect healing spells?

I've used it quite a lot and haven't noticed any increase in critical healing.

Have I just missed it or is it bugged or is it maybe not intended to affect healing spells in the first place?

Edited by Xozah on April 22, 2014 9:34AM
  • OmniDo
    OmniDo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, as it affects spell critical chance, and last time I checked, any non-potion healing skill is a "Spell".
  • NordJitsu
    NordJitsu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Restoration Staff abilities currently can't crit.

Some Templar heals can and will be affected by this.

I hope the Resto-staff thing is a bug and not intended.
    @NordJitsu - Guild Master (Main Character = Hlaalu Idas)
    GREAT HOUSE HLAALU
  • guterreeb17_ESO
    that's not true my mutagen ticks crit all the time... and yes I used inner light before i had access to dark exchange and surge, now it's of my bars but it still crits thanks to ther 10% lightarmor passive
  • adiwantinova
    NordJitsu wrote: »

Correction: Blessing of protection & grand healing are reported as unable to crit from this buff. All others can.
    Adi-Wan
    Wrath Mage & Restoration
  • Xozah
    Xozah
    ✭✭✭
    NordJitsu wrote: »

Correction: Blessing of protection & grand healing are reported as unable to crit from this buff. All others can.

You know if that's intended or a bug? Guess i will have to change my healing build a bit then
  • Teloran
    Teloran
    ✭✭✭
    This explains crit healing in great detail.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ByHlXarBD9I
    Edited by Teloran on April 25, 2014 2:00PM
  • Omniphonic
    Omniphonic
    ✭✭
    what a horrible, irrelevant, and useless question.

the real unanswered question is why the hell does inner light still summon an external glowing, 'swooshing' ball?
  • ArRashid
    ArRashid
    ✭✭✭✭

the real unanswered question is why the hell does inner light still summon an external glowing, 'swooshing' ball?

I was about to make a topic about it.. it's just HORRIBLE, not to mention it makes you see nothing when you don't play zoomed out to maximum.

Also, who made it glow like that in the first place? Like, "hell, I can't see those pesky assassins, will a giant ball of light shining into my eyes help?"

20% spell crit is too huge to let go, but that effect (along with MYFACEGLOWSBLUE) is just too ugly (not to mention that color mix-match if you're playing pyro)
  • Pyatra
    Pyatra
    ✭✭✭

So sneaking people know that you have mage light up... maybe if it orbited lower on the body... like the knees or something people would be ok with this. Point is that to balance things ML has to be visible enough for sneakers to see it from outside its max visibility range.... probably. :p
    Edited by Pyatra on May 1, 2014 9:37PM
  • Kalast
    Kalast
    I hope they don't change the graphic effect for mage light/inner light. I like it, and I don't want it to become smaller/more sidelined.
  • AlliN
    AlliN
    ✭✭✭
    I agree, Buff that is visible on characters (blue glow) is great, changing the ball to STATIONARY would also be great, now, it's just annoing.

But the sound of eternam magic mosquito! AARrrghhh....

This should be changed - and people who thik so should post it on /feedback