Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Sanies Lupinus

Sh4rptiger
So I just got bitten by a werewolf, and I now have the Sanies Lupinus active effect on. However, I am only level 28 so I know it'll be awhile before I can do the quest to fully become a werewolf. So my question is: will the disease stay there for as long as I need it to, or will it eventually go away if I don't start the quest soon enough?
Thanks!
  • Falmer
    Falmer
    ✭✭✭✭
    It will stay until you can do it. However, make sure you are able to complete the quest before you try.

My level 22 was infected and I figured I would try the quest to at least see if I could do it. Being unable to kill the creature necessary I had to leave the zone where the quest takes place. This bugs your character with super speed.

Now I don't play that character anymore for fear of being suspended for exploitation. Hopefully they fix that bug soon.
  • ariella321
    It wasn't easy, but I managed the quest at level 24. Made sure my armor was repaired and used Mundus stone, food, and jewelry buffs for health and stamina. Also helps to have plenty of potions.

I've heard the disease goes away after a week, but that you should be okay after that if you already have the quest.
  • Sh4rptiger
    Thank you both for the comments! I got to level 30 and killed the mammoth in the hunting grounds, so I'm a werewolf now. I really appreciate the support; it helped me out a lot.
    Also, Falmer - the speed glitch is fixable. I encountered it twice while trying to kill the boss mobs, and it went away either because I died in human form or because I zoned in and out of the Hunting Grounds multiple times.
  • Snozzle
    Snozzle
    ✭✭
    I did they quest at 23, I was trying from level 15 onwards. If when you enter the zone before you transform move over to the right to the gap between the zone wall and the shrine you will usually get the snow troll. He is lvl 42 non elite, I think. And I was able to kill him. People with less lag and better skill have done it earlier, I have read.

There is a good guide out there. If you google search for low level guide to werewoves, it should pop up on top.
    Edited by Snozzle on April 27, 2014 1:45PM
  • Snozzle
    Snozzle
    ✭✭
    P.S. The guide says basically at low level only fight the mammoth, or the SNOW troll.

If you get any others, port out and go back in a little later.
  • Darokonan
    Darokonan
    Soul Shriven
    I have honestly just recently done it, I was bitten by a player at level 11 and completed it at level 11. It was hard but I managed when I got the Mammoth. I was already a Werewolf Berserker before the Sanies lupinus effect wore off. That said I believe if you have been bitten but haven't finished the quest by the time the days are up you lose the infection.
  • theschmids_ESO
    If you get bit kill enough at your level to get healing in ww form that helps quite a bit. Also if you have a fellow player that can craft weapon critical potions - that stuff works wonders on monsters that may or may not be within your reach.
    It's not the destination but the journey.
  • AlCapsones1
    Im a werewolf and im just level 16.
  • AlCapsones1
    It was pretty easy to do it to.
  • SLy_Kyti
    SLy_Kyti
    ✭✭✭✭

This thread is from over a year ago mate. O.o
    Master Crafter: Almost all motifs
    GM~ Blades of Old Tamriel NA/AD
    Member~ NZAD
    Member~ Blades of Vengeance NA/AD
    -Tamriel College -Amazing Deals of Nirn-
  • Aeradon
    Aeradon
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Back then the quest wasn't scaled down to your level so there's a satisfaction to complete at lower levels.

Now it's one of the easiest quest in game.
    People keep telling me they're gonna buy me an ale. They never do.

There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's culture. And the Elves.

Help make this compilation complete!
    Compilation of Ideas and Suggestions
  • Flint1985
    Flint1985
    I have turned into a werewolf and completed the quest. Currently rank 6 with the werewolf skills yet the sanies lupinus is still counting down and underneath it says lycanthropy
  • Corvinus_Reaper
    Corvinus_Reaper
    Soul Shriven
    You can do it at a lower level too, when i first became a werewolf it was on the north american server i did the quest at level 3 wen i got bit and on my main character on the european server i did it at level 17 wen i was bit.
  • Dragonsloth
    Dragonsloth
    Soul Shriven
    Level 7 and it was easy