Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Would someone pls explain PvP scaling?

Katkon
Katkon
✭✭✭
I'm a level 40 DK in heavy armor. Play as an Imperial and have all passives in heavy armor and for Imperial that are available, and then some. In PvE I unfortunately live in a constant state of "overcharged" armor - even in all white armor, with an armor value of somewhere around 13XX (I forget the exact amount, but it's above 1300). My weapon damage is somewhere below 100 in PvE.

Now, in PvP my weapon damage scales nicely UP to 126, BUT my armor scales DOWN to exactly 867 - i.e. less than PvE at level 40. Can someone pls explain why?
  • SirPuppingtonVonHat
    SirPuppingtonVonHat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pre-50 characters have their stats switched to a template thats designed to give lower level characters some semblance of a fighting chance. Unfortunately characters approaching 50 that specialize in a few stats tend to have higher than the template outside PvP, but you do have the option to turn battle-leveling off.
    The Psijic Order
  • TheGrandAlliance
    TheGrandAlliance
    ✭✭✭✭
    , but you do have the option to turn battle-leveling off.

Where? Didn't see that option.

Indeed it is so...
  • shandrew82
    shandrew82
    ✭✭
    @SirPuppingtonVonHat explained it pretty thoroughly. I was very confused myself when I first went in at lvl 10. "wtf I have 1k health??" lol

Also, apparently at vet ranks you get an added bonus in pvp. Not sure what the details are on that though.
  • Catches_the_Sun
    Catches_the_Sun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    but you do have the option to turn battle-leveling off.

I tried to figure this out the last time somebody mentioned it on here, and don't think it can be done. Regardless, that's not a solution. If you could turn it off, you'd gain the armor stat, but lose everything else. I am having the same issue as the OP. I'll add that the other active buffs that add to you armor don't work either. Armor scaling needs to be addressed as a bug.
    Catches-the-Sun - Argonian Templar - Master Smith, Provisioner, Chemist & Tailor
    Valaren Arobone - Dunmer Flamewalker - Master Woodworker, Provisioner, Assassin
    Kazahad - Khajiiti Arcane Archer - Master Thief
    V'orkten - Redguard Swordmaster
    Finnvardr the Frenzied - Werewolf Berzerker
  • SirPuppingtonVonHat
    SirPuppingtonVonHat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Actually, I've heard that VR's get toned down in Cyrodiil. PvP balances on a knife point.

Not sure where exactly the battle-level on/off switch is, since I've never looked for it. I'd expect either in the alliance war menus or in the gameplay options.
    The Psijic Order
  • koetty
    koetty
    ✭✭
    , but you do have the option to turn battle-leveling off.

Where? Didn't see that option.

would also like to know that :)

• koetty
    koetty
    ✭✭
    Nobody?