The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

GMS, is this 3rd party bannable?

CanAPanda
CanAPanda
✭✭
Since the game does not provide me with a keybinding to toggle sprint on and off I made my own using AHK (autohotkey) and literally all it does is toggle shift on and off. Here is the script:
Source := "abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz1234567890-=[];'\,./"
State = 0 ; variable used to toggle shift state

Loop, parse, Source
Hotkey $%A_LoopField%, PressKey
return

LShift::
if !State ; if state = 0
State++ ; sets state = 1 to turn on
else ; if state = 1
State-- ; sets state = 0 to turn off
return

PressKey:

if (State = 1 && InStr(Source,SubStr(A_ThisHotkey,2))) ; if toggle state on and key exists in source list
Send % "+" SubStr(A_ThisHotkey,2) ; send shifted key
else
Send % SubStr(A_ThisHotkey,2) ; send unshifted key
return

I know some scripts in AHK can get you banned because they provide automation, would you guys consider this automation or should I just accept the fact that I will need surgery in a few years on my left pinky because of this game?
  • Tukahar_ESO
    Did they remove the key binding for sprint? I would have sworn you could just remap it.
  • vikemosabe
    vikemosabe
    Soul Shriven
    He wants a toggle, not a press-and-hold keybind
  • Eris
    Eris
    ✭✭✭✭
    But the toggle won't do any good because you will run out of stamina and slow down.
    Side effects of reading messages on forums can cause nausea, head aches, spontaneous fits of rage, urination due to intense laughter, and sometimes the death of your monitor or other object in throwing range. If you find that you are reading forums more than 24 hours a day, please consult your nearest temporal physicist.
  • CanAPanda
    CanAPanda
    ✭✭
    When horses run out of stamina they are like energizer bunnies, THEY JUST KEEP GOING AND GOING!
  • Supersomething
    Supersomething
    ✭✭✭
    Eris wrote: »
    But the toggle won't do any good because you will run out of stamina and slow down.

Except on a horse were sprint is still oddly enough, infinite.

Edited by Supersomething on April 22, 2014 2:44AM
    Remember, you're unique... just like everyone else.
    Characters
    Tiberius Aulus
  • CanAPanda
    CanAPanda
    ✭✭
    Well I need to revise my script because that one does what I want but prevents other actions, regardless can I use a shift toggle or is that considered automation?
  • Seerah
    Seerah
    ✭✭✭
    If a horse keeps sprinting after their stamina runs down, then this sounds like a bug.
    Author & Moderator at ESOUI
    My Addons
  • drowadin
    drowadin
    ✭✭
    Sounds like a bot
  • Axer
    Axer
    ✭✭✭✭
    Seerah wrote: »
    If a horse keeps sprinting after their stamina runs down, then this sounds like a bug.

It's not.

And horses don't have a stamina bar.

Horses have a combined health+stam bar.

If you continue to sprint, your horse will be fast, but youll be at 0 health, thus 100% vulnerable to being knocked off. Even a lvl1 mudcrab could take down a VR10 in 1 hit.

It's by design. Risk being knocked off easily for speed, or manage your bar.

re: op - simple macros like that are fine.
    Edited by Axer on April 22, 2014 12:37PM
    Axer. Main tank and Leader of Crush it! (NA-EP highly skilled trials guild)
  • Koinzell
    Koinzell
    drowadin wrote: »
    Sounds like a bot
    where is that a bot? I doubt you know what a bot actually is
  • trahe
    trahe
    ✭✭
    Why don't you just use the Num Lock key? It's the alternative run key.
  • Kyosji
    Kyosji
    ✭✭✭
    CanAPanda wrote: »
    When horses run out of stamina they are like energizer bunnies, THEY JUST KEEP GOING AND GOING!

SHHHHH!!!!!
  • Hexador
    Hexador
    Horses keep sprinting because their stamina also effects how many hits they can take before you get knocked off. If they have 0 stamina you are falling on your butt when running through creeps.
  • daveub17_ESO24
    Technically it is against the TOS for ESO.

I doubt they would ban you for it... but they could if they wanted to since it is a technical violation of the rules.

Oddly enough doing the same thing using my Nostromo would not be, since it is a game controller, programmable or not.
  • Wykkyd
    Wykkyd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just to chime in on horses: It is by design. We had this conversation with dev's during PTS and the response was that sprinting forever was by design. That you get slightly more speed out of your horse by tapping every few seconds for quick little bursts of speed and that holding sprint resulted in slightly slower sprinting, yet for longer periods of time.