Maintenance for the week of May 20:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 20
• NA megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/658773

Would you pay $2.50 for a cape?

Ketobbey
Ketobbey
✭✭
I think it would be nice to have a cape (yes like in minecraft - bring on the haters).
You pick the color (from a color wheel not just a pick of 3 colors)
You pick a design to be displayed on it (game/universe related only)
You pick the style.
Edited by Ketobbey on April 21, 2014 2:33PM
Ketobbey On SoundCloud <-- click to hear the unique music I produce. And it's my own music. I don't sample or DJ I produce from scratch. The music you will hear is perfect for running around ESO. There is a playlist with 1 and a half hours worth of my music for you to listen to. Enjoy and thanks for all your support.

Would you pay $2.50 for a cape? 305 votes

Yes!
13%
TerminusCutekhaosBenefactorvizionblind_ESOMoonchildeConquersAzarulNajjynnEikjuMoMoOGjones52jXemosnalimoleb14_ESOKer.Rakb16_ESOSeveronSylvanacubansyrusb16_ESOLyzaaapatrykplawskib16_ESOPizzathegreatKirito144 41 votes
No!
39%
CardeImryllkewlfinchch_ESOhuntgod_ESOObscurechimneyswift_ESOSeñorCincoceostrow_ESOShpongleMarukeruGeeYouWhyGrenoirEivarBraidascurlyqloub14_ESOdantworkb14_ESOHakokepechecklerDolenz 120 votes
Yes, but only $1
3%
Devonthsb14a_ESOKhivas_CarrickMitrengaIcyPhaoryxshaddrispreub18_ESOignatz22NebbGriminalitykaladar67188epiccobraIrishGuy21 12 votes
Yes. But $5 and I want to be able to change it whenever I want.
7%
GwarokBKTHNDREndlessvoid_ESOWraithAzraielJade_Knightblazerb14_ESOInvisioblackpierrick.pluchonb16_ESOrjcurtisb16_ESOgostner.emanuelb16_ESOtixier.benub17_ESOErisQuaesiviKetobbeySandiniomr_MAXCrazyRoyalNiminiongrim6falconDrakanShadowZanzu 23 votes
N0! It sounds to much like stupid horse armor to me!
9%
SupersomethingKidKablamjpw359_ESOfrwinters_ESOWhitePawPrintsbloodenragedb14_ESObowerscaleb15b14_ESOdannymcgr81b14_ESOLoopy27ChairGraveyardElyfCepezaChoubitylarthb16_ESOisc9282b16_ESOIstreddifySimzaniGraogrimmStill_MindBardorion 29 votes
No! I want this option for free NOW!
26%
AffrayerZephericArgonianAssassinrich.s.rodriguez_ESOTeargrantsdreildragb14_ESOjasterslegacy2000b14_ESOKatelinLeeshareagen_lionelstimpy986b14_ESOMalediktusTankqullYusufBerylDarkHerumorNickdorlandb16_ESOparangeaMorrawindVil 80 votes
  • ignatz22
    ignatz22
    Yes, but only $1
    Ok, here's a thought; instead of having the Robe for Light Armor characters, how about Craftable Jerkins (MUCH sexier for the females....) and a Cape instead of superfluous shoulder armors?
    We Want Capes!!
    We want the Capes!
    We gotta' have them Capes! :D
    Options
  • spideyfk
    spideyfk
    No!
    Erm...I would surely like capes, yeah. But this is NOT a F2P game. I am already paying a subscription fee, so i am against paying for extra content. It's not an issue with money, but principles.
    Options
  • NTclaymore
    NTclaymore
    ✭✭✭✭
    Capes are a great idea! but we do pay a sub-fee to get alot of features free. I dont think giving extra coin sould be needed..
    He spoke, the son of Padomay, and nodded his head with the dark brows
    and the imortally anointed hair of the great god
    swept from his divine head, and all Mundus was shaken.
    Options
  • Ketobbey
    Ketobbey
    ✭✭
    I would love it to be free. Everyone should have so really unique way to show themselves off in the game. And if no NPC had a cape you would always know people from NPCs. I would pay $5 if I had full control over the capes look/colour/symbol. :D I am liking the suggestions you have. Are there any more?
    Ketobbey On SoundCloud <-- click to hear the unique music I produce. And it's my own music. I don't sample or DJ I produce from scratch. The music you will hear is perfect for running around ESO. There is a playlist with 1 and a half hours worth of my music for you to listen to. Enjoy and thanks for all your support.
    Options
  • ZiRM
    ZiRM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Capes should be in game and be able to be changed around just like any other armor. I hope they add more costumes, capes etc.
    Want to become Vampire? 5k @ZiRM in game.
    ESO Server Status. ( ^_^)o自自o(^_^ ) SkåL!!!!!
    Options
  • EliteZ
    EliteZ
    ✭✭✭
    No!
    Your poll is terrible. I dont want to choose any of the answers so had to go with no.

Anyway, capes should deffinately be add to the game, but this is not a f2p game where you buy cosmetic stuff. When they are add they will be crafted or loot drops.
    Options
  • Ketobbey
    Ketobbey
    ✭✭
    EliteZ wrote: »
    Your poll is terrible. I dont want to choose any of the answers so had to go with no.

Anyway, capes should deffinately be add to the game, but this is not a f2p game where you buy cosmetic stuff. When they are add they will be crafted or loot drops.
    but you said no? You mean No, and you want it free now :D in other words, Yes you want it, and no you will not pay for it...
    Thanks for your comment. And terrible? I hardly think so.
    Edited by Ketobbey on April 22, 2014 12:35PM
    Options
  • Ulvich
    Ulvich
    ✭✭✭✭
    No!
    I just don't think capes would look right with some of the armor styles.
    Hit Hard. Hit Fast. Hit Often - BETA Group: 85 b 9
    Options
  • Ketobbey
    Ketobbey
    ✭✭
    Ulvich wrote: »
    I just don't think capes would look right with some of the armor styles.
    Correct. I could not agree more. No one would be forced to have them on. It's like the vanity pets. You want it to follow you have it on. But If you do PVP turn it off.
    Options
  • Ketobbey
    Ketobbey
    ✭✭
    NiRN wrote: »
    Capes should be in game and be able to be changed around just like any other armor. I hope they add more costumes, capes etc.

Thanks for your insight :D
    Options
  • EliteZ
    EliteZ
    ✭✭✭
    No!
    Ketobbey wrote: »
    EliteZ wrote: »

but you said no? You mean No, and you want it free now :D in other words, Yes you want it, and no you will not pay for it...
    Thanks for your comment. And terrible? I hardly think so.

But I dont want it NOW I want it at a later date after all the othet stuff is fixed and other important content is out which is why I felt I had to choose no. You should have made it say no I want it but not on a cash shop.
    Edited by EliteZ on April 22, 2014 2:29PM
    Options
  • carlos.trevisan.contatonrb19_ESO
    No!
    The idea isnt bad. Im afraid that soon they realise that a ITEM MARKET its a very good way to profit the game will turn like SWTOR, Champions Online, and others: real money gamble bags that contain Items of that beloved set that you cant get in any other way. Or like in SWTOR where a mount or an item can cost far more then the 15 bucks that i pay for the game montly. And soon ppl will say that this is a way to support the game, that we shouldnt complaing, etc. And soon or later we will see that a major team of developers its changed from normal game content creation to item market creation and will see a lack of free new stuff and the improvement of paid items on the developed marked. believeme, ive seen this before. More than one game.
    I hope i never seen this kind of things here.
    Options
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No!
    No, capes are not that great, if they were we would still be using them.
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Mind what people Do, not what they say, for actions betray a lie.
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self
    Wizard's tenth rule
    Options
  • Nortar
    Nortar
    It's not a novelty idea, capes have been introduces to MMOs for about 10 years ago.

There are MMOs with capes.
    With good capes, with bad capes.
    With capes that have ornamental patterns you can construct and color,
    with capes that have different shapes and textures,
    with capes that have beautiful effects on them.

So I see no reason, for capes to be treated differently from other pieces of equipment, let alone to such an extent to cost any extra money in a subscription based game. What next - 2.5$ helmets with an option to hide and 5$ shoulder-pads that could be dyed, in addition to 15$ we pay monthly?

Please stop encouraging that kind of customer treatment.
    Edited by Nortar on April 23, 2014 6:35AM
    Options
  • Altheina
    Altheina
    ✭✭✭
    While I do want capes to be available in game, Zenimax stated that they have no plans to include it... :(
    Altheina - Wood Elf Nightblade
    TESO Fun-fact 1: It takes to kill 119,050 mudcrabs to reach level 50
    TESO Fun-fact 2: There are 61 million items in the game
    TESO Fun-fact 3: There are 40,656,000 different weapon variations in the game
    Options
  • taylorwilenskiub17_ESO
    Yes!
    I hate how they show all this *** in their cinematics yet don't implement it in game.

Ie., Daedric armor looking GOOD in the videos, then completely different and *** in game.

Or how about the imperial assassin type guy who wears the cape, now no capes in game lol.
    Options
  • Ragnar_Lodbrok
    Ragnar_Lodbrok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No!
    This is a P2P game. There should be nothing in the store you cant get in game.
    Options
  • ShinChuck
    ShinChuck
    ✭✭✭
    Considering how many numerous MMOs do this for free if they're sub-based (WoW, Rift), and how many have them by default even being F2P (like Aion), yeah, I'd like capes, but I'm definitely against paying for them as a paying subscriber.
    "It's morally wrong to suggest gameplay changes for an MMO."
    ...seriously, someone told me that once here. The things people will do to win their internet arguments!
    Options
  • Orchish
    Orchish
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No!
    I pay £9 a month. That is for the devs to continue making content. If they made capes i should be able to acquire them through quests or in game gold.
    Options
  • dreildragb14_ESO
    $15 a month when many games in better shape are free and I have to pay for a cape?!? Hell's no!
    Options
  • CoUsT
    CoUsT
    ✭✭✭
    Instead of capes I would like to see option to customize your inventory, for example: put your guild logo on your SHIELD on ARMOR. This should be awesome. :p
    Options
  • Catches_the_Sun
    Catches_the_Sun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No!
    These guys came from DAOC. Do you honestly think cloaks haven't crossed their minds? I'm assuming that their absence indicates they have an issue with them. It could be that it's not Elder Scrolls-like to have everybody in cloaks. (Skyrim cloaks are all player-made mods) It could be performance based decision, or something else altogether.

They addressed this during the AmA about 2 weeks before Early Access. They stated then that they are looking for ways to make Guilds identifiable, such as tabards or something like that.
    Catches-the-Sun - Argonian Templar - Master Smith, Provisioner, Chemist & Tailor
    Valaren Arobone - Dunmer Flamewalker - Master Woodworker, Provisioner, Assassin
    Kazahad - Khajiiti Arcane Archer - Master Thief
    V'orkten - Redguard Swordmaster
    Finnvardr the Frenzied - Werewolf Berzerker
    Options
  • Jankstar
    Jankstar
    ✭✭✭
    No!
    I don't want user made content, because it will be jarring and break my immersion. You know some one will use a sports team logo or a rude body part. I don't want a cash store, because I will not pay more than the subscription. The 15 dollar horse was already awful.
    Options
  • Jonnymorrow
    Jonnymorrow
    ✭✭✭
    Yes!
    Yes I would of it covered up my VR10 armor looking like lv46 stuff.
    Options
  • The_Sadist
    The_Sadist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    744661-nocapes_zps82c1bcc0.jpg
    "Each event is preceded by Prophecy. But without the hero, there is no Event." ― Zurin Arctus, the Underking.
    Tragrim - How do I work this thing?
    Casually stalking the forums
    Options
  • valkaneer2b14_ESO
    valkaneer2b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    No!
    Capes in Wow are free, why would I pay real money for them?
    Options
  • PBpsy
    PBpsy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    N0! It sounds to much like stupid horse armor to me!
    I want tight spandex shorts. Those are essential ,capes are not.
    ESO forums achievements
    Proud fanboi
    Elitist jerk
    Troll
    Hater
    Fan of icontested(rainbow colors granted)
    Options
  • Malediktus
    Malediktus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Its a subscription fee game. It shouldnt cost any money
    @Malediktus --- Ebonheart Pact, EU-Megaserver
    Options
  • Anzaman
    Anzaman
    ✭✭✭
    Capes? Would I? Yes. But since we are talking about an MMORPG with subscription payment model, it should be included within the monthly cost.

Hopefully we'll see some capes in-game soon. ;)
    Nilene Nightsky - Healer Warden
    Niomia Nightsky - Stamina Nightblade
    Ebonheart Pact (EU) Veteran: 10 - CP: 101
    Options
  • MkChkn
    MkChkn
    Would be pretty cool if it worked like the Diablo 3 banner. Unlockable designs and templates based on achievements.
    Options