Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

In-Game community game. The great werewolf/vampire hunt!

Faolanhart
Faolanhart
✭✭✭
There isn’t any kind of “General Discussion” section on this forum so I wasn’t sure where else to put this.

Ok so many of you know about the bite scams in the game.
People charging gold for bites & then running away with the player’s money without biting them.

I propose an in-game community game of sorts.
The Werewolf/Vampire Hunt.
It works as follows; you are a werewolf/vampire & can bite someone.
You post a clue in the Zone Chat of your location & say that to first person to find you & do the /kneel expression gets a free bite.
Someone finds you, you bite them & they think you are awesome.
Less people scammed, more cool werewolves & vampires running around & I’m sure that you role-players out there could have some fun with this.

Sadly I’m not a werewolf yet but as soon as I become one I’m going to start doing this.
Might even make a video series of it for YouTube.
  • Iago
    Iago
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree with you I have been try (very unsuccessfully I might add) to become a Werewolf, mobs kill them before I can catch it and I refuse to pay for it.
    That which we obtain to cheap we esteem to lightly, it is dearness only that gives everything its value.

-Thomas Pain

• Faolanhart
    Faolanhart
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, sadly I'm in the same boat, there was a reasonably sized vampire spawn party last night so fingers crossed for werewolves tonight.
  • lyndsayporterb16_ESO
    I sell my bites for a reasonable sum. Don't see the point in scamming someone. It's just going to result in getting reported and ban hammered.
  • Vikova
    Vikova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now that spawns are fixed, they seem to be spawning much more often and actually respawning faster once someone kills them. Many people I know that had issues getting bitten before are all suddenly becoming successful.

And the selling will evaporate over time. Once most of the people that want to be bitten are bitten, the market for selling and camping the spawns will disappear due to lack of demand. That, and depending on your server/faction there are some fairly large guilds that are spreading free bites all over the place. Guilds with hundreds of members spreading bites combined with the spawns functioning properly now means that if someone wants a bite, they'll be able to find it.

A whole lot of people are going to regret the absurd sums they paid for a bite once it all calms down further from launch.
  • Faolanhart
    Faolanhart
    ✭✭✭
    I managed to get into a werewolf guild tonight, it's small, only 10 members but I've always like getting in guilds when they are small.
    So hopefully I'll find a group of werewolves with them or one will bite me, it's weird but I'd rather get scratched than bitten by another player.
    I am looking forward to PVP though when this becomes more common.
    A bunch of fire mages & werewolves vs a bunch of vampires & poison shooting archers.

But yeah people will regret it, either now by being scammed or later when they realise they wasted their money.