The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Scouting Mission Reports

mizMars
mizMars
✭✭
When I'm on a PvP Scouting Mission, when I get to the objective, I get the prompt to click E to submit a Scouting Report. When I click E nothing happens. If I move a few 'feet' it asks me again ... and again and again. At some point it completes the task. Is it a specific number of clicks or is it a certain length of time I'm supposed to stay at the objective or ...?
  • Brother_Numsie
    Brother_Numsie
    ✭✭✭
    When you are doing a scouting mission and it pops up to click E, there should be an animation of your toon writing stuff down, it lasts about 60 seconds and then your on your merry way. Now because of lag or other issues, you may not see your toon doing this, so don't move for at least a minute to make sure or you'll breakout of scouting mode and have to do it again.

Well I guess feel free to move if someone is trying to kill you, just if it's me go ahead and stay still, I need the free AP ;)
  • mizMars
    mizMars
    ✭✭
    LOL! That explains everything! I play in 1st person POV so never saw the animation. Thanks for the explanation.
  • jmrathbun
    jmrathbun
    Actually, the animation only takes about 15 sec. Toon writes, looks, and writes again. If you think he's done when he stops writing the first time, you cancel the action by moving. There's an announcement when the action is complete.

Fooled me too!
  • RazzPitazz
    RazzPitazz
    ✭✭✭✭
    This could also be a bug normally found in Pve zones. You will hit E but nothing will happen. If possible, try interacting with another object. If it works try again on the report. If that does not work you habe ascertained the problem to be the report only. Submit a ticket and attempt relogging.
    PC NA
    VR1 - Jar'eed - Khajiit Dragon Knight - AD
    VR1 - Broad Tail - Argonian Templar - EP
    All-Star Crafter Guild