The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Elder Scrolls Online F2P Within A Year?

Archlama
Archlama
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nh50mgXcTaw

The question "will this game go FTP" is not relevant at the current time
Box copy = the same cost as 4 months of subscription, so sales should satisfy the need for income.
so there will be no commercial gain.

The only reasons why games go f2p is to increase revenue.
Turnover can be made by getting more clients who together generate more turnover which is the Utopia
F2P isn't about making a game more accessable it is about removing the spending limit. which is the reality
they tax people who are dedicated to the game (including the new players) more thanks to microtransactions.
Give me a flat fee and I am happy, give me a shopping mall and I am broke.
which leads to u folks saying u don't have to pay, it is F2P.
It is a hobby, hobbys cost money.
A flat fee means there is a spending roof, with F2P there isn't.
F2P isn't about making a game more accessable it is about removing the spending limit.
1 Person who is wealthy or stupid can put 1000 dollar into the game, instead of 60+ players paying an subscription.

That is the reality of F2P

So will ESO become F2P in a year or less, since SWTOR, RIFT, Age of Conan, AION, Lotro
and many other games have done a similar transition.
I can tell you that I played all of the Triple A releases since 2006, and almost all have become F2P.
There is one exception though, Buy 2 Play, without an subscription fee which includes The Secret World.
And ofcourse Guildwars 2 has always been Buy 2 Play.
Elder scrolls online is not an MMORPG where u got allot of room for microtransactions,
atleast not enough to make a decent revenue.

F2P will only be taken if other bussiness models are less effective.

2 MMORPG's heavily focused on story telling in the past years.
Starwars Online the old Republic and The Secret World.

The Secret World is these days buy 2 play and charges extra for additional story content.

SWTOR is free to play and requires an subscription to do almost anything,
from PvP, to Dungeons, equiping high quality gear, and even actionbars.
In addition there are micro transactions which are mostly used to buy packs, with random items.
Micro transactions for a chanche on something u want, in my book that is a red line 4 sure.

These are the only games that come close
but are still very distant from Elder Scrolls Online

The secret world is buy 2 play, and requires additional transactions for additional content.

SWTOR is F2P but limited even more than a general Trial account in most mmorpgs, although u can level till 50.
Sad enough the 50-55 experience requires an expension to be aquired through an additional transaction,
which leaves the game being F2P to be an Hoax, it is just a Trial for more content,
but insanely limited from almost all sides.

When you folks slur around the keyword F2P what do you expect from zinemax and do you think it is profitable for Zinemax,
because after all that is a main goal of any developer and publisher.

Ofcourse with Flappy Bird that wasn't the case :P