Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

win 8.1 users, I need your help ! [SOLVED]

gokhanuzmez
gokhanuzmez
✭✭
Installed the game 3 times , updater launch does not work

Even if I download the installer online, once it creates the logo on desktop, it wont go further, it just does not pop up.

Been trying to fix it all day

If I go run the app directly game starts but cant log in cause its not up to date

Tried win 7 compatible, turned off firewall, run as admin,

Gw2 and swtor launchers work with no problem

Support team DOES NOT EVEN RESPOND !

Any help?
Edited by gokhanuzmez on April 20, 2014 11:02PM
  • Darkwlkr
    Darkwlkr
    Soul Shriven
    Works fine on 8.1 for me had no issues. You sure your anti-virus/firewall aint the problem.
  • drkeys143
    drkeys143
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know if this is any help, I have encountered this problem before with Borderlands 2, wouldn't launch from Steam, even after changing compatability and admin rights, but if I navigated to the folder and created my own shortcut to the .exe file, it worked, and this is still the only way it will launch. It might be worth a try, but win 8.1 can be a bit of a pain at times, and refuses to launch apps for some reason. I'm not at home at the mo, so I will have a look when I get back, and if I have any more ideas I'll repost later
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    ✭✭✭
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Orizuru
    Orizuru
    ✭✭✭
    What is the path to the installation? There are some folders in Windows 8.1 that require Administrator privileges in order to create new files and over-write existing ones, which can interfere with the launcher and it's ability to download and install patches.

The easiest way around this is to do a custom installation and select the folder you want to use for the game's installation. Another option that might work if this is the issue is to give the Launcher administrator rights when you run the Launcher. To do this, right click the icon for the Launcher application and select "Run as Administrator" and then click OK on the pop-up that follows.

Hope this helps!
  • Artemiisia
    Artemiisia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    right click on launcher and run as administrator, works for me as well
  • gokhanuzmez
    gokhanuzmez
    ✭✭
    Darkwlkr wrote: »
    Works fine on 8.1 for me had no issues. You sure your anti-virus/firewall aint the problem.

I turned them off and still no luck

• sinraven1642
    sinraven1642
    Soul Shriven
    Both the hubby and myself use windows 8.1 on our computers. Works fine for us.. Sounds like a permissions problem.. do you have admin rights on your user id?
  • Csub
    Csub
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also make sure there are no letters such as "á é ő" etc in any of the folders or subfolders.
    "The Divines gave you a nose for a reason, Tharn. So you can keep your mouth shut and still keep breathing. - Lyris Titanborn
  • gokhanuzmez
    gokhanuzmez
    ✭✭
    Both the hubby and myself use windows 8.1 on our computers. Works fine for us.. Sounds like a permissions problem.. do you have admin rights on your user id?

Yes Mam I do, and tried to run it like that
  • gokhanuzmez
    gokhanuzmez
    ✭✭
    FINALLY a support technician named Skylar solved the issue.
    If you are running Windows 8.1, you will need to run the game in compatibility mode for Windows 8. But first, we will need to run the system in Selective Start up.
    To put the computer in selective start up:

1) Press the Windows key to enable the start button and type msconfig on the search box
    2) Right click on the msconfig.exe program and choose Run as administrator
    3) To place your computer into selective start up:
    a. On the General Tab at the top, click on the Selective startup radio button
    b. Uncheck "Load startup items"
    4) Click on the Services tab at the top
    a. On the Services tab check the Hide all Microsoft services check box at the bottom
    5) Click the Disable all button at the bottom
    6) Click Apply, then click OK
    7) Restart your computer
    After Running the computer in selective start up, you will now need to put the game into compatibility mode for windows 8.0:
    1) Right Click on The Elder Scrolls Online application.
    2) Click Properties.
    3) Click the Compatibility tab.
    4) Check the box "Run this program in compatibility mode".
    5) Choose Windows 8.0
    6) It may also be necessary to check the box for "Run this program as an administrator."

Ensure that Automatic configuration Script and Proxy Server are disabled in your Internet options. These settings can be found by following the steps below:
    Open your Control Panel
    Select Internet Options
    Click Connections on the top panel
    Select LAN Settings
    From here ensure that Automatic configuration Script and Proxy Server are disabled (unchecked). Once the settings are applied, please retest the issue
  • gokhanuzmez
    gokhanuzmez
    ✭✭
    Enjoy it my man !