The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Stuck at 49 - Don't Want to Grind

Esha76
Esha76
✭✭✭✭✭
Let me start by saying I am real big on content. My whole love for this game was going everywhere and seeing everything it has to offer. I have done everything except the Undaunted/group dungeons. I fear at 49 I am too high a level to get xp for those ones (I did do the first one/BC.)

I do have my Dominion Hero title, I didn't skip any quests throughout the game. I have finished Coldharbour at level 48.5 (except for Graveyard of Ships as it's too bugged to do). I am really not looking forward to a whole level of grinding.

If I really am forced to grind, what's the best place for a 49? I did half of 48 in the Manor, and it's just gotten real boring.

I will run Vaults of Madness, however I have seen posts that it's currently bugged and the quest can't be done.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.
"There is no moisture in your angry stares." - Laughs-at-All
"I don't know why I bother guarding you horrible people." - Orama Sadas
"Scales here is about to have a really bad day..." - Valeric
"Just tell me what you're doing here before I turn your heart into a tomato..." - Sereyne
"Break those rocks! Dig those ditches! Why??? Because I want you to!!!" - Ifriz the Unraveller
"There are worse masters than I. Far worse." - Molag Bal
"I humiliated the Daedra in Mehrunes Spite." - You, when turning in a specific Undaunted Daily.
"I'm not finding you very pleasant!" - Adla the Brewer
"Old Ri'hirr likes his birds slow and stupid!" - Old Ri'hirr
"When things get dirty... Oh, I get so flustered." - Meredil the Archivist
"Too many Argonians about these days..." - Davon's Watch Guard (though I think this one has been removed from game)
  • Fruity_Ninja
    Fruity_Ninja
    ✭✭✭
    Are you still levelling any of the crafts by any chance?

If you are, why don't you just roam the wilds of a high level area collecting raw ingredients to crafts with. Obviously in the process killing stuff. Then go back to city, craft. Rinse and repeat, changing areas if you so feel like it.

That way you'll at least be accoplishing something else at the same time as grinding out your last level. Might feel like less of a grind that way?
    Edited by Fruity_Ninja on April 21, 2014 10:03AM
  • Kuettbullen
    If you really did all the quests you dont need to grind at all. They made the game so that you have just enough quests to be the appropriate level for the lowest quest in the next area. If you did all dungeon quests even the dungeons in other factions areas you will be a few levels ahead even.
    Think before you act. There are always consequenses to your actions eventhough you may not notice them
  • Nasuradin_ESO
    Nasuradin_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Cyrodiil has a lot of quests and repeatable quests in all of the towns in it (think the same towns that were in oblivion) there are also a lot of skyshards both above ground and in public dungeons you must clear to get to.

If you are not big on pvp, pick a server that is pretty much dominated by your faction. As far as I know dawnbreaker campaign is still dominated 98-100% by Aldmeri Dominion all the times. Even the tutorial quest line when you first enter Cyrodiil is worth some xp and skill points. You will rarely ever run into enemies this way.
    Edited by Nasuradin_ESO on April 21, 2014 2:55PM
  • Mulk
    Mulk
    ✭✭✭
    Kuettbullen, not necessarily true. Ordinarily it would be, but the crush of people all over the place is making it so you're killing fewer mobs than you otherwise would be.

I've done the 1-50 grind in beta before so I'm aware of where I should be (I just got into Coldharbour) and I'm a little less than a level behind at this point. Not enough to make a difference in questing success on those rare times when I get into an area where there is no one else about, but enough to know that I'm going to be grinding some to get to 50 myself. I lack ~10 quests total to claim the Ebonheart Pact hero myself, so it's not like I skipped tons of content to get here.

Cyrodiil is a great place to grab some XP and levels, and as was suggested, make a farming run for crafting mats and kill what you can along the way. It'll make it seem like less of a grind. Also, if you can grab some friends and do group instances a few times. IT's no longer huge amounts of XP but it will help some. Good luck to you.
  • Kronosphere
    Kronosphere
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cyrodiil has a lot of quests and repeatable quests in all of the towns in it (think the same towns that were in oblivion) there are also a lot of skyshards both above ground and in public dungeons you must clear to get to.

If you are not big on pvp, pick a server that is pretty much dominated by your faction. As far as I know dawnbreaker campaign is still dominated 98-100% by Aldmeri Dominion all the times. Even the tutorial quest line when you first enter Cyrodiil is worth some xp and skill points. You will rarely ever run into enemies this way.
    THIS. cyrodils towns (not pvp bounty board, i mean cheydinhall etc) have proper quests, there are heaps
    ~House Indoril~
    Submit to the three, the spirits and thy lords.

• Stautmeister
    Stautmeister
    ✭✭✭
    Might as well share my special grinding spot seeing as im done there anyway.

*spoiler*

In coldharbor there is a quest where you have to rescue a guy from deadric ilusions. at the end you gotta walk him through a tunnel. This tunnel has packs of extremely fast respawning mobs.
    Normally you cant enter this again because there is a ledge you jump of.
    However if you face this ledge on the left side there is a tree you can use to jump on the ledge and voila you can enter the door to this tunnel again.

Just get your aoe skills and nuke them down. Took me 1.5 hour to gain 2 full levels :)
    So 1 level shouldnt be a problem.
    on the map its a light brown diaganolly placed rectangle on the middle left of the map.
    An orc marrying a wood elf?! Enjoy your Borsimer mutants!
  • Sergeant_Novak
    Sergeant_Novak
    ✭✭✭
    Cyrodiil has a myriad of delves and quests to do if you don't want to grind. The content is a little more difficult, but it's fun and gives decent exp.
    Kol Blakmarc - Dwemer Archeologist, Mage, Not such a great dancer
  • Hexador
    Hexador
    I hit 50 around 2 quests before getting my dominion title. I can't say for sure the difference in what you (who wound up at 48.5 at the end of the line) and I is but I can list the things I made sure to do in every zone.

1. Find every skyshard
    2. Complete every delve (which is a part of 1 since usually the delves have a sky shard in them)
    3. Complete as many world bosses as possible
    4. Do as many dark anchors as possible
    5. Be on the look out for dungeon groups and go out of your way to join them even if you are in the middle of a quest
  • Reavan
    Reavan
    ✭✭✭
    Cold harbor has some decent grind areas, the western area the library for example I grinded from 45 to 50 in a few hours..
    Grinding actually does not take so long and is faster than questing in many cases so you won't be wasting much time.
  • Zarovich
    Zarovich
    Soul Shriven
    If you completed cold harbor do other factions zones. I finished Molag Bal at 46 as an EP, now I am getting my last 4 levels in Daggerfall region doing new content (new to me). Done.
  • Esha76
    Esha76
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I logged on Sunday and the Prophet pops up and tells me to come do the final story quest. I thought I needed 50 for that to trigger, but guess it was a bug.

Long story short, I'm abut to hit VR2 soon. I imagine the issues I had was not doing all the 4 man dungeons, I didn't do many zone bosses, and I never rushed to anchors, or any Cyrodiil stuff. But I had done all others quests and have never missed a skyshard anywhere.

Thank you all for your help.
    "There is no moisture in your angry stares." - Laughs-at-All
    "I don't know why I bother guarding you horrible people." - Orama Sadas
    "Scales here is about to have a really bad day..." - Valeric
    "Just tell me what you're doing here before I turn your heart into a tomato..." - Sereyne
    "Break those rocks! Dig those ditches! Why??? Because I want you to!!!" - Ifriz the Unraveller
    "There are worse masters than I. Far worse." - Molag Bal
    "I humiliated the Daedra in Mehrunes Spite." - You, when turning in a specific Undaunted Daily.
    "I'm not finding you very pleasant!" - Adla the Brewer
    "Old Ri'hirr likes his birds slow and stupid!" - Old Ri'hirr
    "When things get dirty... Oh, I get so flustered." - Meredil the Archivist
    "Too many Argonians about these days..." - Davon's Watch Guard (though I think this one has been removed from game)