Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[Sorcerer] Energy Overload - extra action bar?

Korereactor
Korereactor
✭✭✭
Do all ultimate abilities add an extra action bar? I noticed Energy Overload does. This surprised me. Is it a bug, or as intended? I like it, just curious.
Edited by Korereactor on April 20, 2014 12:40PM
  • Zaldoras
    Zaldoras
    ✭✭✭
    The reason it adds an extra bar is so that you can place Class abilities on it. Standard weapon abilities do not work when Overload is activated because you are no longer using that weapon.
  • Korereactor
    Korereactor
    ✭✭✭
    Zaldoras wrote: »
    The reason it adds an extra bar is so that you can place Class abilities on it. Standard weapon abilities do not work when Overload is activated because you are no longer using that weapon.

Cool - that makes sense, thanks.
  • Zordrage
    Zordrage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    so when using that Ultimate you loose all the passives a staff gives ?
  • Zaldoras
    Zaldoras
    ✭✭✭
    Zoliru wrote: »
    so when using that Ultimate you loose all the passives a staff gives ?

Yes, which is actually partly why I switched from Overload to Storm Atronach. I can continue doing things with all the abilities and buffs whilst the Atronach does its thing.
    Edited by Zaldoras on April 20, 2014 9:23PM
  • Hilgara
    Hilgara
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How do you slot abilities onto the extra bar?
  • Solomon_Cato
    Solomon_Cato
    ✭✭
    Hilgara wrote: »

Once you have built enough ultimate just activate the skill, then go to the skills menu and slot which ones you want. Like someone noted earlier, you want class skills here due to the fact you cannot use weapon skills while overload is toggled on.

P.S.
    A good overload bar could be something like:
    Crystal Fragments/Restraining or Shattering Prison/Thundering Presense/Critical Surge/Bolt Escape.
    Edited by Solomon_Cato on April 23, 2014 1:39PM
  • jbrenston
    jbrenston
    Hilgara wrote: »

Good question!

• Kliff
    Kliff
    ✭✭
    Zaldoras wrote: »
    I can still use my 2h and bow weapon abilities but without animation. Is it a bug?
    Edited by Kliff on April 24, 2014 6:41AM