Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Loading Screen bug needs immediate attention!

Klimarov
Klimarov
✭✭✭
This is getting to be very irritating, at first it only happened in Cyrodill. I thought "ok, i wont pvp till 50, hopefully by than it'll get fixed", but now it happens in PVE as well.

Here are few examples:

1st. Cyrodill, every time i enter Auriel's bow server i get stuck in loading screen forever, if i get lucky to get in on reload than i get the same problem again after my first death or first way-shrine port.

2nd. While running through the border of east march into the rift, the server didn't let me into the rift. the loading screen popped but when it was gone i still was in east march and not in the rift. I tried few times, same thing happened and i decided to reload the game. After reload it finally allowed me to port into the rift using way-shrine i acquired few days earlier.

Now, just now i got pissed again. I checked cyrodill, the loading screen still bugs, so i continue to pve. I vent to the Harborage to do level 35 quest, i did it, than i run out of Harborage and new quest popped due to my level and i tried to go back in again. Only this time, i get a forever loading screen for the Harborage, i reloaded the game client, tried to enter again, same crap. While i'm stuck there i'm writing this.

Developers, please tell us, when this loading screen crap will be resolved already? it's been reported for cyrodill since open beta, now it happens in PVE as well. This problem has to have the most priority on your to do list, so we the players and your customers could play. Minor quest bugs we can go over, but this, this is just hectic, not allowing us to experience the game.

If this is actually not a bug but an intended loading mechanic, than just give us a loading bar, so we can see how the process is going, otherwise all we can think of is that game client froze.
  • kitchenguy65_ESO
    kitchenguy65_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Are you using ZrMinimap Add-on? That add-on is what creates these infinite load screens, as well as preventing you from using the transitus shrines. Same thing happened to me. Disable and problem solved. Almost all issues of these types so far are caused by add-ons. People need to disable all add-ons and try again to see if ANY problem exists instead of directing their frustrations towards the devs. They have no control over how crappy and unoptimised these add-ons are. some being made by people with very little programming experience at all. I wish you luck and hope you get back in game soon. One other thing i heard was Adobe Flash Player may also be causing this. No idea why, but try disabling that as well if the above doesn't work
  • SavageLight
    Almost all issues of these types so far are caused by add-ons. People need to disable all add-ons and try again to see if ANY problem exists instead of directing their frustrations towards the devs.

Not running any addons at all. I didn't even know about them until yesterday. So far haven't needed them. And yet I've been running into this infinite loading screen problem all day. Anytime I enter a cavern or tavern, building or port, really anywhere that I have to open a door, I running the risk of this happening. It only started happening after the latest patch. It's gotten to the point where I can't play for more than 30 minutes before I'm forced to kill the program and launch again. I know this because I can eat a white coloured food and the buff still has 10-15 minutes left when I relog. I've even ran the repair option on my game files twice. Nadda. Up until now I've only run into maybe 1 game breaking bug, a broken main quest on launch day. I didn't even know about the lastest duping hysteria because I've been playing to much to notice anything on the forums. Now I'm spending hours here instead of in game. So no, I don't think this has anything to do with addons, unless everyone else addons are somehow bleeding into my game and ruining it. That I highly doubt.

Traveling from Zone-to-Zone via wayshrines is another problem that just popped up for me since the latest patch. But that is a bug for another thread.