Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Fildgor Orcthane tactics

• crislevin
    crislevin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just was at him dying all the time until I noticed you dont have to kill him at all. You get seriously insane if you try to kill him .

Talk to the guy at altar, leave sovengarde and voila.

Dont get me wrong I do think this completely breaks the game if you dont get a challenge at all. Then again fighting this guy is not a challenge its a deathwish.
    well, tried, not working, specifically, when I approached the altar, Fildgor turns red immediately and there is nobody to talk to.
    I pulled him downstairs and kited him around the pool of light with my bow equipped. When he cried out for help the ghosts where too far away.
    Lvl 36 NB.
    sorry, but not working neither, I pull him to the light pool, but the spirit still has a yellow healing band connected to him. Although just one, rather than two.

On the positive side, he (V9) wasn't that hard for my sorc (V5), atronach and clannfear plus my shard and curse got him down pretty quickly.
  • wzupdoc
    wzupdoc
    Soul Shriven
    Level 33 DK, just beat him in melee (1H with shield) by taking him down to the portal area, away from the healing ghosts. Never used a pot, just bash and strike, and he was crying 'Uncle.'
  • ToxGondii
    ToxGondii
    Soul Shriven
    Mage LV 38. The Trick is not to fight in the circle of people. It's easier to fight away from the circle on the stairs. Stun him with rune prison, run up the stairs and fight from the top. Sequence: restrain prison, firewall, rune prison (to regen magicka), use staff basic attack in between, save stamina to kite up and down the stairs don't melee.
  • Tavore1138
    Tavore1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Not another of these stupid 'abilities no work' fights.

I swear that ZOS have one guy amongst the many good designers whomjust phones this stuff in... 'make boss immune to player abilities, job done, go home early'.

At VR9 as NB he goes on my list of 4 boss fights in the game where the designer needs lessons in balancing to all 4 main classes.
    GM - Malazan
    Raid Leader - Hungry Wolves
    Legio Mortuum
  • Tavore1138
    Tavore1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Good lord, the cheapness of getting him down to about three quarters and being killed by multiple hits from ghosts is mental.

Bad bad design.
    GM - Malazan
    Raid Leader - Hungry Wolves
    Legio Mortuum
  • DigitalHype
    DigitalHype
    ✭✭✭✭
    VR4 Templar (med armor). It is not possible to solo this. He's hitting me for 999 a pop. And even when blocking with shield, he's doing knock back and then stun. At which point he AoE's me.

I tried at least 4 (maybe 5) times, with several different skill loads and strategies. Its not even close. He's destroying me. Maybe I'll find someone in the zone that will assist me. Although, due to lack of players in VR zones, that is becoming increasingly difficult.

For now I'm going to walk away. These sorts of unbalanced boss fights are demoralizing.
  • bigdaddio_ESO
    bigdaddio_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    This is really maddening, I can hear the lore master now... This guy will use everything at his disposal to beat you... bull. This is an unfair and stupid fight. When you need to resort to trickery and kiting to beat it at the level its at its stupid. I knocked him to the ground then ran down to the other side of the portal. he followed and was not healed nor did any ghosts jump in. Simple beat down then.

I would like to add this is after more than 10 attempts to defeat him in the way intended. I even left and gained a level before returning.
    Edited by bigdaddio_ESO on August 9, 2014 6:26AM
  • AngryNord
    AngryNord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Group With one or two others.
  • Dekkameron
    Dekkameron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmm.. i dont remember it being a particularly tough fight. I have beaten him on a level 30 something Heavy armoured nightblade, and a VR4 Templar. I think i just went toe-to-toe with them.
    - Veteran Combat Librarian -
  • Gato12
    Gato12
    ✭✭
    Level 35 Templar straight melee in the circle didn't first work, but sneaking up the stairs, moving him away from protectors, using reflective light, immovable brute and dual wielding with bood craze was all that was needed. No potions needed, just some bread.