Maintenance for the week of June 17:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 17, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 17, 10:00PM EDT (June 18, 2:00 UTC) - June 18, 5:00AM EDT (9:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 17, 10:00PM EDT (June 18, 2:00 UTC) - June 18, 5:00AM EDT (9:00 UTC)

How to get started in VR Dungeons? My group got oblierated on trash

dw0011nrb19_ESO
Title says it all. First time VR Dungeon with a mixed bag of VR2-4 and we got obliterade in Spindleclutch.

Any suggestions on how to get started?
@Hrotha - EU
  • EzikielStorm
    EzikielStorm
    ✭✭✭
    Basically since all bosses and loot are for VR5, i think zenimax expected us to wait... personally i think this was a huge oversight, i liked the idea of always being able to do a dungeon when i got bored or frustrated with questing.

Now im not saying you cant do it, Ive healed a full group of VR1s through veteran Banished cells several times. The thing is its very hardcore, the tactics remind me very much of WoW raid mechanics only theyre on steroids and totally OP.

At VR1 expect some boss fights to take over 20 minutes to complete, with little to no room for error at all. Its doable, but you will just end up with a bank full of VR5 mostly bound loot anyways...
    Edited by EzikielStorm on April 19, 2014 7:34PM
    Options
  • Hearts
    Hearts
    ✭✭✭
    Aoe Heals on the trash and make every DPS spam AoE spells. THats how we did it.
    Options
  • Locke_ESO
    Locke_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Honestly those first wipes in the VR dungeons are the "I need to learn to play" moment in this game and this is a good thing imo. You really need to take a step back and start working out how your skills work best in a group situation (I found a Templar who had no idea what backlash is or how to get an extra 30% healing by getting people inside a cleansing ritual cast), upgrade your gear (set pieces like the Warlock set make a big difference) and start planning out how to win fights more effectively. I often found myself having to give away "food buffs" to players in dungeons because they never bothered to get any because 25%-33% hp/magika wont make a difference right?

Regarding trash mobs generally the best way to take them out is a good level of heals, AOE damage, AOE crowd control and a tank in the mix to control the dangerous mobs. Your high single target DPS guys need to get good at focusing targets together to take them down quickly - particularly important ones like high DPS casters and healers. If your getting blasted by casters you can try using things that block their line of sight to limit their damage and buy some time to kill the rest of the pull.

A lot of people expect to zip through the veteran dungeons like they did the 1-50 ones and this just isn't the case. I like the fact that there is something challenging to do. God knows everything else is easy enough to accomplish after 1-2 tries.
    Options
  • Wifeaggro13
    Wifeaggro13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They just need to adjust the tiers.the first 3 need to drop vr 1-3 gear and spawn 1-3 bosses.the diffculty is fine. The risk vs reward is not. Dont make me grind five vr levels to start my dungeons and gear progression. By the time you hit 50 you have had a ass full of sololing and cake walk dungeons.give us a reason to exercise the the second M in your MMO
    Options