Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Re-spec costs.

Dopybks
Dopybks
Why are re spec costs always so high. Other MMOs do the same thing as well. Personally, I think it should be free to re spec. This would make it a lot easier to fine tune the character you want to play and also experiment with different builds almost on the fly. Never understood why it costs so much.
  • Millitum
    Millitum
    ✭✭
    Gold sink brother, plain and simple.
  • Noth
    Noth
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gold sink, the developers not wanting you to respec all the time, thus no need to really think about where to put your points.
  • Dopybks
    Dopybks
    I can see where you are coming from Noth but this game only gives you a maximum of 5 skills plus 1 ultimate so some thought at least has to go into what you want to do with your skill points. Maybe they should make it free once you get to level 50.
  • Noth
    Noth
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dopybks wrote: »
    I can see where you are coming from Noth but this game only gives you a maximum of 5 skills plus 1 ultimate so some thought at least has to go into what you want to do with your skill points. Maybe they should make it free once you get to level 50.

You can also get 300+ skill points. You can easily shift your build without respeccing.

• Sarenia
    Sarenia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dopybks wrote: »

The 5 skill per skillbar limit is to force people to shape builds. If we all had every button on our screen at all times, we'd all be demi-gods with an answer to every situation at all times.

You can have hundreds of skill points, so you can adjust your build as needed on-the-fly.

Odds are, you don't even need to respec.
    [beta_group_85b_9]