Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Death Stroke ultimate charge.

joshisanonymous
joshisanonymous
✭✭✭✭
Death Stroke (or it's morphs, Incapacitating Strike and Soul Harvest) has a pretty confusing tooltip. It states, "Damage increases as player's Ultimate charge increases." Intiially, I assumed this meant that the skill could be used at any time but would be more effective if you waited until the icon showed that your Ultimate charge was maxed. Obviously, it doesn't work this way, because you have to wait until you get enough Ultimate to fill the icon before it's usable at all. So what exactly is the Ultimate charge the tooltip refers to? Does this mean it's strong if you wait longer after the ability becomes available to be used? How much longer do you have to go to make a noticable difference? Or is this actually just some sort of outdated tooltip and the ability does the same damage o matter how long you wait? The only reason I'm thinking it could be the last possibility is because I can't find a way to gauge how charged my Ultimate is after it becomes available, through the defaul UI (which I prefer to use). Maybe there is a way and I'm just overlooking it?
Fedrals: PC / NA / EP / NB

• Lynx7386
    Lynx7386
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your ultimate can charge up to something like 300 points max (as some ultimates cost this much. Death stroke only costs 50 ultimate to use, but once you reach 50 you'll continue to gain ultimate up to whatever the max is. It's that 'overcharge' of your ultimate that contributes to the additional damage the ability does.
    PS4 / NA
    M'asad - Khajiit Nightblade - Healer
    Pakhet - Khajiit Dragonknight - Tank
    Raksha - Khajiit Sorcerer - Stamina DPS
    Bastet - Khajiit Templar - Healer
    Leonin - Khajiit Warden - Tank
  • joshisanonymous
    joshisanonymous
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lynx7386 wrote: »
    Your ultimate can charge up to something like 300 points max (as some ultimates cost this much. Death stroke only costs 50 ultimate to use, but once you reach 50 you'll continue to gain ultimate up to whatever the max is. It's that 'overcharge' of your ultimate that contributes to the additional damage the ability does.

Hm, that's pretty much the response I expected. Are there any clues that let you in on how charged it is without the aid of addons?
    Fedrals: PC / NA / EP / NB

• METALPUNKS
    METALPUNKS
    ✭✭✭
    Your ultimate can go up to a thousand, the werewolf transform cost a thousand. So basically with deathstroke you can cast your ultimate when it hits 50 but the higher you let it go the more damage when you cast it. So if you let it go to a thousand and then cast it you'll get the full 275% damage. The game doesn't show you how much ultimate you have just shows when it's available. Use this http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info205-RuisUltimateCounter.html
    to help with that.