Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

"you can't ignore anymore accounts"

Greydog
Greydog
✭✭✭✭
What is up with that?

The game is literally infested with parasites and the dev's put a limit on the number of accounts you can ignore ...I don't get it :|
Edited by Greydog on April 19, 2014 1:47PM
"I Plan on living forever ..so far so good"
Sanguine's Disciple

Asylum Amoebaeus ..A refuge for those who normally fly solo.
Message me here or in game for an invite
  • MongooseOne
    MongooseOne
    ✭✭✭
    I have yet to see one gold spammer in chat so far. I have received a few mails though.
  • rideh
    rideh
    Purge your ignore list - most are gone by now
  • Greydog
    Greydog
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well you're a lucky player then. I had one point last night where I had reported/ignored 15 inside an hour. Not counting the mail and guild invites from them.
    Sanguine's Disciple

• Greydog
    Greydog
    ✭✭✭✭
    rideh wrote: »

Yeah, I just did that before I came here. It was the second time since early launch.

Small PITA but it does help for a time.

Sanguine's Disciple

• nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've said it before, and I'll say it again:

Gold-sellers do not linger. Do not waste an ignore on a gold-spam account, because it will be gone shortly after it is reported.
    ----
    Murray?
  • Cwynlaen
    Cwynlaen
    ✭✭
    rideh wrote: »
    Is there a quick way to do that en masse? Deleting each one individually and waiting for the server to catch up takes a bit of time.
  • Coggage
    Coggage
    ✭✭✭✭
    From a post I made in an almost identically named thread someone else started....

An addon such as X4DLibAntiSpam is the answer. I quote from the addon description...
    • Does not fill up your in-game ignore list, blocking is performed internally.
    • Whitelists your Friends, Group Members and Guild Members.
    • Spam Patterns are Editable via Settings UI.
    • Detects Spammers, and blocks them for the duration of your session.
    • Detects Flooders, and temporarily blocks them for a user-configurable duration.
    • Detects "Gold Spammer Guild Invites" and auto-declines them.
    • Can be used as a Library by other Add-Ons, such as X4D Chat (integration requires Add-On author support.)
    • Can be used as a stand-alone Add-On to auto-filter Spammers and Flooders from Chat.

Since it does not add to the ignore list, I added foreign words for "guild" as well as others such as wtt, wts and wtb to the filter list and the result is a much quieter chat box. If someone makes a chat post containing those words, the posts don't appear. If the same person makes a chat comment without those words in it, their chat post will appear.

(The addon is frequently updated, sometimes a couple of times a day or more.)
    Edited by Coggage on April 19, 2014 2:21PM