Closed.

Zaeth
Zaeth
Please close
Edited by Zaeth on April 20, 2014 5:52AM
  • Wykkyd
    Wykkyd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will give this a shot. No other games or apps are having this issue for me. I tried most of what u did above.

Chdsk passed
    Memtest passed
    Cpu diagnostics passed
    Full reinstall
    Cc cleaner ran
    Repair install
    Lowered graphics
    Even moved off of ssd onto old hdd

Still crashes unside eso regardless. This started with Friday's patch for me. Not a single issue prior to friday.
    Options
  • DrywFiltiarn
    DrywFiltiarn
    ✭✭✭
    An unstable graphics card will indeed crash the game and your computer at random. I've experienced this before with my own graphics card (ATI R9 270x), which allows you to control it's power consumption by -20% to +20% and I had it set to a negative value, which occasionally led to the GPU not getting enough power to keep up resulting in random blue-screens and reboots. Having the power control set back to it's default 0 position resolved this.

My conclusion is that TESO doesn't like tempering with your graphics card performance in terms of overclocking and such.

Correction to OP I have to correct you on one thing MSI Afterburner is intended for MSI cards mainly, and it will work on most of their cards (some won't work). The program in theory should be able to handle cards of other manufacturers as well, but there's no guarantee to that.
    Edited by DrywFiltiarn on April 19, 2014 8:14PM
    Options
  • Zaeth
    Zaeth
    Wykkyd wrote: »
    I will give this a shot. No other games or apps are having this issue for me. I tried most of what u did above.

Chdsk passed
    Memtest passed
    Cpu diagnostics passed
    Full reinstall
    Cc cleaner ran
    Repair install
    Lowered graphics
    Even moved off of ssd onto old hdd

Still crashes unside eso regardless. This started with Friday's patch for me. Not a single issue prior to friday.

Thats extremely unfortunate. If you find out how to resolve your own isue, let me know how. I have a mate who this did not work for.

Options
This discussion has been closed.