Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Nightblade or Dragonknight Damage

Asuna_Meow
Asuna_Meow
✭✭✭
I'm just trying to get everyone's feedback on this as to what YOU feel is the higher of the two in damage? Nightblade or Dragonknight? I know Nightblade can reach high dps but dps means nothing if you cannot dish out the numbers after that first burst. So wanting what you all feel is the better of the two in damage? :D Thanks
Meow
  • flo_wb16_ESO
    flo_wb16_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Hi if you are in stealth undetected and hit from behind the NB has huge burst.
    I am critting over 1.8k. But when you do not have this opener the NB lack dps from my point of view at least if you are going dual wield.

From what I have seen other classes has more sustained single target dps and AOE and this does not feel right to me.

I would be really interested how much dps other NBs do when it comes to boss fights and what kind of skills they use.
  • templar_von_midgard
    For boss fights I use Sap Essence, Shadow Cloak, the Ultimate from siphoning morphed for damage, Veiled Strike and Killer's Blade, If I run out of magicka I just use power attacks or Whirling Blades. I have an awesome damage output, especially considering I have two warlock rings and a warlock amulet equipped, I rarely run out of magicka AND stamina. If that happens I just switch to the bow.
  • MasterLanz
    MasterLanz
    ✭✭✭
    Asuna_Meow wrote: »
    ...but dps means nothing if you cannot dish out the numbers after that first burst.

Not if the target's dead after that burst.

I assume you must mean DPSing in dungeons, though, in which case spamming veiled strike causes boatloads of damage, and with siphoning strikes you can recoup that quickly. DW nightblade with siphon strikes morphed to work on skills, burning magicka on veiled strike has phenominal single-target damage output.

Where the DK has the nightblade beat is the AoE damage output. I don't even think a 2h cleave + Power Drain NB can match most DK AoE builds for group damage (though in all fairness, 2h siphon nightblades have pretty nice AoE sustain dps).

NB murderizes in the single-target DPS area though.

Edited by MasterLanz on April 19, 2014 11:15AM
  • Asuna_Meow
    Asuna_Meow
    ✭✭✭
    So far my problem I'm seeing with the nightblade in Veteran content is they don't have all that many damage mitgation to able to stand in melee range against a boss to do any real harm against them, so their damage goes down the drain if you don't want to be ranged. while the dragonknight is able to stand in melee and just whale on the target no problem.
    Meow
  • flo_wb16_ESO
    flo_wb16_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Nobody here running here any combat addons?
    I would like to see some real numbers and not comments like "I have huge dps".

I am around 300- 350 dps on a single target boss mob currently.
    -
    Using Sap Essence,Haste,Veiled Strike,Blood craze and standard dual wield attacks. Once Boss is low I start spamming Killers Blade.

would like to have some numbers from others especially other classes like DK and Sorcs.
  • Kyubi_3002b16_ESO
    Kyubi_3002b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    From a pure dps point of view Nightblade cant be beaten by any class on the full damage potential and thus for several reasons

1. Best damage from stealth due to passives in assasination so best fight opener
    2. Marks reduce the target resist and armor by 75% and increase your own damage after a kill just tell me how that is even comparable?
    3. Haste increase attack speed by 30% with a weapon go do heavy attack with a 2h sword using that.
    4. Power extraction can add up to 99% damage bonus for 20 second to all your attack just tell me one class that can do this?
    5. Assasination tree adds critical strike bonus and critical damage bonus to all attack when you have an assassination ability sloted

While dragonknight got some interesting buff to its fire dots its hardly as Powerfull as what nightblade can pull off if using all of these. However Nightblade pays for most of these damage bonus from behing somewhat gimped on its survivability wich is why many nightblade also choose to go vampire. Vampirism while reducing fire resistance gives them insane sneak moving speed and somewhat very strong health recovery from both the ultimate and the drain spell thus fixing their healing lacunes.
    Edited by Kyubi_3002b16_ESO on April 22, 2014 2:51PM
    One bow to darken the sun
    One bow to unite the clans
    One bow to conquer the world and in darkness drown it...

- Prophecy of the tyranny of the sun