Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Lets take a moment

Grenoir
Grenoir
I just wanted to take a moment and put away all the issues of the current state of this game and say THANK YOU to ZOS and your work on trying to bring us ES game. What I am talking about is something that many ppl I assume are missing out on or just ignore (take it for granted):

- great voiced dialogue that almost always fits the character you talk to and gives many npcs unique feel and an illusion of character (mind you there are many more actors in this game than previous ES installations);
- beautiful music and songs that bards at taverns play and again, its not only one or two songs;
- the amount of emotes that your character can do and how well they are animated (although conforming to the design of the whole game are a little bit cartoony);
- astounding amount of various interaction animations that give so much more context to those, as some people claim, basic mmo quests;
- great world design (nature and environment, not the repeated buildings :P). and while the lighting is not as great as skyrim I am glad they try to play with it in this game too and sometimes it really works!

There are many more things I imagine that I failed to mention and would be happy to hear from other people ;) Enjoy the game don't let the frustration and hate take over. There are things that are wrong and maybe even absurd but that doesn't have to make us ignorant and neglect the things that are done the way they should be. Elder Scrolls Fan.
  • Csub
    Csub
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Totally agreed with you, and the list could go on and on about the nice stuff in the game.

It is nice to read some positive stuff on the forum even though I expect some people to write negative stuffs in this thread or point out there are already similar ones (not that there aren't several of each complaining threads either).

It can be saddening to see all that negativity on the forums but we must not forget that the majority of the people are too busy having fun in this nice game to comment :D like I do most of the times, I mostly comment when commuting or at work, like now :P
    "The Divines gave you a nose for a reason, Tharn. So you can keep your mouth shut and still keep breathing. - Lyris Titanborn
  • Seraseth
    Seraseth
    ✭✭✭✭
    I agree, this game has the best questing I've seen in an mmo in a while. And for me, questing is 85% of the game, so very important :p
  • Csub
    Csub
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have 3 days and almost 19 hours /played time and I'm only about to get lvl 26, just finished Deshaan :D can't remember another mmo where I didn't want to rush at all. I always took my time but to this extent, I am extremely enjoying the game!
    "The Divines gave you a nose for a reason, Tharn. So you can keep your mouth shut and still keep breathing. - Lyris Titanborn
  • Grenoir
    Grenoir
    I am glad that you agree with me guys and yeah I know there are similar posts but I just wanted to bring some positive variety into the pool of negative threads posted recently ;)
  • Csub
    Csub
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, I just meant that others will bring it up but I don't really care about them, some positivity is always welcome :D
  • Enteum
    Enteum
    ✭✭✭
    Attention to detail. Have you ever finished a quest and stood around long enough for the aftermath? When an NPC says, "Thanks for your items, Now I can do this..." They go ahead and do it...I followed a guy back into town to see what he'd do and along came a fairly lengthy "in game cut scene" so to speak.

Amazing!
    Edited by Enteum on April 19, 2014 3:15AM
    Asira Avalis - Mage
  • Csub
    Csub
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ye I also follow them, sometimes they just disappear without any action but other times you would be surprised how alive they are :D like how guards stop in front of you and watch you if you are playing an instrument in a town.
  • Grenoir
    Grenoir
    Ohh yeah that! I totally forgot about that. I used to stay after the quest finished and talk to all the npcs involved in it or observe them. I remember there was a ghost who asked to free him and let another live person be imprisoned (the other person was bad) and I chose to trick the ghost and when the quest is done if you stay you can see how he realizes that he was fooled and exclaims: "why!?!?"
  • Alurria
    Alurria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So many good things in this game, little discoveries. Ruins, shrines, special crafting areas. Finally a MMORPG that really lets you explore and discover.
    PVP awesome, I have always loved large scale pvp, since DAoC. Perfect. Working in a group taking keeps...love it. I hope it gets expanded on without becoming a loot centric for individuals. I'm really enjoying this game, just like I did when I played Skyrim. Thanks Dev's
  • qwertyburnsb16_ESO
    qwertyburnsb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Out of respect for the OP I will post here the good points to the game:

Graphics are really good for an mmo, possible the best I've seen and never would expect Skyrim. The whole scenery, toons and props are just brilliant.
    Theme and background music is awesome, definitely the best.
    Combat system is great, hoping this may get rid of click and macro finally for good.
    Good story lines. Always like skill trees to customise your characters.
    Good animation of all toons and very good character creation to such a detail where no one will really notice how floppy your ears are. Good to have all the options though.
    Notice that what ever you craft at any level is better than what you can buy or loot which is good and will aid the economy.
    Some brilliant acting from NPC's. I can tell some hard work has been done here.

PvP I haven't spent enough time to properly assess, but I will say from first impressions that all the props and toys are in place and hopefully if it is all well balanced looks like potential fun. Did get my first kill at level 12 so not sure what all the fuss is about I see on the forums about this issue.

See I'm not a complete hater :P
  • ZiRM
    ZiRM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's an addictive game for sure. Can't wait to see what's in store for the future.
    Want to become Vampire? 5k @ZiRM in game.
    ESO Server Status. ( ^_^)o自自o(^_^ ) SkåL!!!!!