Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Brutal Load Screens since last patch

circilion
circilion
✭✭✭
Man I have been getting Hammered with load screens since the last patch. I have to force quit the application and restart since they are more than 10 minutes when they happen (the longest I've ever waited lol)

I am beginning to suspect it is just a game crash, seems to happen every 3'rd load screen or so.

Anyone else have this problem?

btw I have been stuck in the same zone for a while now, got hit with 2 stale load screens in a row :(
>:)
  • Dominoid
    Dominoid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Old add-ons have been causing this. Disable and see if it helps. An old version of LootDrop has been the main culprit.
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It happened to me once. A quick restart of the game fixed it.
    ----
    Murray?
  • circilion
    circilion
    ✭✭✭
    Hmn, yea I'll turf my add-on. Thanks for the heads up =D
    >:)
  • jesterstear
    jesterstear
    ✭✭✭
    In my experience, any load screen longer than 40 seconds, it's not going to load at all, the game has crashed, or more likely, your character details have been passed on to the server that runs the next zone and gotten lost somewhere in the transfer, it's not your client at all but the server end where things went wrong.

So I just press the ALT and F4 keys to force quit and relog. I've left it on the loading screens 10 minutes before when heating up a microwave dinner making a cup of tea, the game never loaded.
  • LarZen
    LarZen
    ✭✭✭
    I don't use addons and after the last patch the long loading screens started to come. So this have nothing to do with addons...
  • Jumas
    Jumas
    Soul Shriven
    Got the same problem. And no addons. Feels like beta all over again.
  • MomoDeviluke
    its happened to me all day since patch. I had it happen maybe once or twice since the launch of the game...but now...jesus christ how horrifying...i enter a cave = infinite load screen, i leave the cave after a game reset and exploring the cave = infinite load screen. Its happened lots too when transferring zones. extremely frustrating when i'm trying to find the last few quests towards 'Pact Hero'.
  • HotToddy
    HotToddy
    ✭✭
    Same issue (no addons either). I found this seems to happen as I use wayshrines - the game will just hang at the load screens where I finally just quit out and restart entirely.

Thanks for the heads up on the ALT and F4 keys to do a force quit/reload (had no idea this could be done).