The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Looking for full time Rpers

reagen_lionel
reagen_lionel
✭✭✭✭
Hello. I'm looking for roleplayers to play with who are full time such as I.

Allow me elaborate in what I mean when I say full time. full time meaning they're In Character from the time they log in, to the time they log out. Everything they do in game consisting of thier character is done In character (with regards to negating the necessary quests the game makes you do if it does not apply to your character). The occasional ooc comment or conversation now and then, but its kept to an over all minimum.

I'm finding it very difficult to find Rpers in the game in the multiple Rp guilds Im in or have been in to match that sort of criteria, the Rpers I do encounter are more casual, usually only consisting of tavern Rp. The limitations ESO puts in for open world Rp is already a barrier in itself. (bad player phasing/matching, lack of chat bubbles). So Im pretty much doing this as a last resort. My requests in multiple rp guilds pretty much go unanswered or with no interest, and the few that do, arent exactly reliable or that active.

A bit about me and my preferences:
I generally avoid saying things in ooc if I can relay the same message in character. (I'll speak ooc if I have to and usually out of the say channel in either party/whisper).

I have a multitude of characters that I play with just about equally. I dont consider myself having a "main" or "alt".

I dislike using external sources, I like to keep things ingame as much as possible. (aka. no guild sites, team speak/vent, external sites).

Things my character says or does, does not necessarily reflect from me personally (as that should go without saying )

My personal life is none of anyone's business, and I wont pry into anyone else's, though that doesnt mean I'll listen to every problem or thing going on with someone's RL. Im not a therapist, Im a roleplayer trying to enjoy the game and be as immersed as possible.

Mature Rp is fine in my opinion, as long as its in context, just know that's not all that I'm here for.

While doing pve or pvp stuff. I dont particularly care if you do bad or good. I dont expect anyone to do everything perfect the first or even second time as long as they seek to improve (unless the character is purposefully clumsy)

All my characters are on all 3 factions, currently around level 10 and I even have 1 character on two factions. (not spoiling)

If in the future/near future you'd like to use the Pledge of Mara. I only ask firstly to at least have the characters develop the relationship with each other first. And I'll not let my character become bound to someone thats barely active.

I'm very tolerable of new/adept Rpers that are willing to learn and will gladly help them out, as long as they have patience. The lack of patience of people, tend to make me impatient in turn. Im very patient and will do whatever I can to help newer Rpers.

I tend to be on almost anytime throughout the day, mostly through the afternoon through evenings (in North America). Sometimes I come on late at nights as well.

I know Im quite the picky Rper. But I'm being honest in what I want and what I like. I'd like to fully enjoy myself in this game, and thats beginning to prove harder than it was promised to be. If any of the above appeals to you, feel free to add me @‌Reagenlionel
with a notice of your interest so I know you arent a gold spammer.

Also to clarify I am on the NA megaserver though I wont mind people playing in EU to put themself down for future reference if I decide to go on EU.
Edited by reagen_lionel on April 23, 2014 6:25AM
  • Rev Rielle
    Rev Rielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe those that challenge themselves to try to remain In-character 100% of the time are the most hardcore of role-players. Not many seem to do so anymore because of the inherent challenges involved. But the rewards are definitely there if one persists at it!

Fair sun, sands and stars to you friend, may you find what you seek.
    If you can be anything, be kind.
  • reagen_lionel
    reagen_lionel
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rev Rielle wrote: »
    I believe those that challenge themselves to try to remain In-character 100% of the time are the most hardcore of role-players. Not many seem to do so anymore because of the inherent challenges involved. But the rewards are definitely there if one persists at it!

Fair sun, sands and stars to you friend, may you find what you seek.

thank you very much.
  • ZiRM
    ZiRM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I luv to RP but not 100% of the time.
    Want to become Vampire? 5k @ZiRM in game.
    ESO Server Status. ( ^_^)o自自o(^_^ ) SkåL!!!!!
  • Pseudonym
    Pseudonym
    ✭✭✭
    I have three characters, one of which I plan to out and out hardcore role-play.

If you want to add me as a friend in-game, my account name is @‌Pseudonym84

Whenever I'm logged onto Masqi, Pseudo no longer exists; only Masqi.
  • reagen_lionel
    reagen_lionel
    ✭✭✭✭
    Pseudonym wrote: »
    I have three characters, one of which I plan to out and out hardcore role-play.

If you want to add me as a friend in-game, my account name is @‌Pseudonym84

Whenever I'm logged onto Masqi, Pseudo no longer exists; only Masqi.

I tried to add you but it appears as account not found. So it seems you're on the EU megaserver.
  • crusabella
    crusabella
    ✭✭
    I've never tried seems fun, I'm sure I'd slip up at times but would definitely give it a go.
  • Chryos
    Chryos
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's hard to roleplay in todays MMOs in my opinion. I'd love to try however I am a loyal to only one guild at a time. MY guildmates on EP, NA server, The Society of Shadows is a vampire guild, and we are working to do exactly what you are talking about, however we use Teamspeak, thats pretty much a must in todays MMOs for pvp. I play with some good guys and if youd like to talk to us, feel free. We will be starting up RPing just like you talk about, however it will be for certain time frames. Complicated pvp nd pve just requires a headset. It's too much trouble to type and conduct movement at the same time. I applaud your efforts and I'll considerate it after I ponder on it some. Do you have a guild website that I can look at to get some background info?
    If I am going to quote someone, it's going to be me.
  • reagen_lionel
    reagen_lionel
    ✭✭✭✭
    crusabella wrote: »
    I've never tried seems fun, I'm sure I'd slip up at times but would definitely give it a go.

Its fine. I dont mind if you slip up now and then. I wont hold you to the exact same strict calibur ruleset as I am, as long as you try. You can add me if you want.
    Chryos wrote: »
    It's hard to roleplay in todays MMOs in my opinion. I'd love to try however I am a loyal to only one guild at a time. MY guildmates on EP, NA server, The Society of Shadows is a vampire guild, and we are working to do exactly what you are talking about, however we use Teamspeak, thats pretty much a must in todays MMOs for pvp. I play with some good guys and if youd like to talk to us, feel free. We will be starting up RPing just like you talk about, however it will be for certain time frames. Complicated pvp nd pve just requires a headset. It's too much trouble to type and conduct movement at the same time. I applaud your efforts and I'll considerate it after I ponder on it some. Do you have a guild website that I can look at to get some background info?

Thank you for the offer, though like I said, I avoid voice chats. I understand not being able to use chat for pve and pvp. For even I have difficulty doing so with the lack of chat bubbles. Ususlly even if people who dont speak in pvp or pve, I can ensure they see what I say because of chat bubbles in other mmos. There isnt any background infomation I have at a guild website since I dont usually really like guild websits. What other background info would you need that I didnt already provide?
  • Rev Rielle
    Rev Rielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chryos wrote: »

Oh, it's not hard, people just have to be willing to put in a little effort. Cliche sure; but you really do get out what you put in. That goes for both RP, and PvE/PvP without voice-coms/teamspeak. It's just different than what many people have gotten use to, so most dismiss it as impossible/hard. Another apt cliche; people fear/dismiss what they don't understand. But don't get caught up into believe it yourself, because it is simply not true! :smile:
  • Rev Rielle
    Rev Rielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    crusabella wrote: »
    RP can be the most enjoyable fun yes! Just remember everyone was a beginner once, and didn't know what they were doing. So don't feel bad at all about any potential slip-ups; leap in and try! Any player even remotely adept at RPing will acknowledge this and do their best to help you out however you'd like them to. And if they don't? Well just move on, for they're often not worth worrying about or associating with. There are many different styles of RP, though there's really only one wrong way: and that is at the expense of someone else's enjoyment.

Edited by Rev Rielle on April 24, 2014 11:41AM
  • Inaka
    Inaka
    ✭✭
    I am a person who is always in character from the moment I log in to the moment I log out. You can add "Inaka" if you are on the North American Server. I am of the Aldmeri Dominion though. Check out my guild: Roots of War, which is an RP guild I have started.
    Edited by Inaka on April 26, 2014 11:41AM
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are too many distractions in ESO right now to be able to really stay in character.

Starting with the chat system, which is completely divorced from the characters on the screen, to the army of Daedra posing as Tamrielic inhabitants that are imported from the Chinese oblivion realm to farm resources and monsters, to the fact that each of us really only has one character, @me, to the final fact that my character is often not even facing the same direction as I am, the game is simply not designed to be put into a role play mindset for long periods of time.

On that first point, I am not advocating chat bubbles galore. I want to make that clear. Before I submit to a sea of chat bubbles, I want to make sure that something better is not possible. The real purpose of chat bubbles is to connect what people say to who is saying it. Communication is actually secondary to that.

Anyway, I can roleplay this game, but not 100% of the time. As long as I am in no guilds and have no friends, I can pretend that each of my Vestiges is actually a separate entity blessed with a joint bank account with some stranger.

To this end, I will say that there are certain things in the game that I always try to do... I do not ride my horse into buildings until I auto dismount. I do not run or ride over people, unless unavoidable. I don't stand at the spawn point after going through doors so that I am standing inside people looking at their teeth. If someone is just standing in the world for a long time, I will often /wave at them, but I do realize that the player may not see it because the character is staring off in a different direction or they are in a menu. If someone helps me when I am in a tough fight, I will /thanks. I do use /sitchair from time to time around fires or entertaining events.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Willow
    Willow
    ✭✭✭
    I am always in character with the exception being if I am trading with a non rper. I do not do rp paragraphs or any sort of romance rp as I find that silly. (to each their own). I do not rp in tells etc. I also do not do planned rp .

I am the rper that you do not necessarily have to even acknowledge to be rping with me..the stranger you walk past as you note she left a coin for the beggar on the street.

@Freygea and I have most of my characters in AD on the NA server.

(I do have a character on the other factions as well)
    Edited by Willow on April 26, 2014 1:23PM
  • jircris11
    jircris11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    honestly ESO has made remaining IC a lot more rewarding for me. i enjoy it though at times i need to go ooc to deal with the drama in guild but yea.
    IGN: Ki'rah
    Khajiit/Vampire
    DC/AD faction/NA server.
    RPer
  • MercyKilling
    MercyKilling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have one character for each faction, and on NA server. Ingame I'm @MercyKilling, and all I ask is that you drop a note along with your invite, because I refuse all blind invites.
    I'm also not interesting in joining a guild at all, so...just a simple friends list invite is fine. :)
    Dunmer, Bosmer and Redguard.
    I am not spending a single penny on the game until changes are made to the game that I want to see.
    1) Remove having to be in a guild to sell items to other players at a kiosk.
    2) Cosmetic modding for armor and clothing.
    3) Difficulty slider.
    4) Fully customizable player housing that isn't tied to anything in the game other than having the correct resources and enough gold to build. Don't tie it to PvP, guild membership, or anything at all. Oh, make it instanced so as not to take up world map space, too. Zeni screwed this one up already.
    Any /one/ of these things implemented would get me spending again, maybe even subbing.
  • jircris11
    jircris11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I RP as a khajiit. though she does not speak like one. she has a complex past and does not share it with many. If asked what she does her reply would be simple "I do what i must to continue doing what i wish" If you are lucky perhaps you will catch a rare smile or even a real laugh, though most of the time it remains hollow and forced.
    Khajiit/Vampire
    DC/AD faction/NA server.
    RPer
  • reagen_lionel
    reagen_lionel
    ✭✭✭✭
    jircris11 wrote: »
    I RP as a khajiit. though she does not speak like one. she has a complex past and does not share it with many. If asked what she does her reply would be simple "I do what i must to continue doing what i wish" If you are lucky perhaps you will catch a rare smile or even a real laugh, though most of the time it remains hollow and forced.

That sounds like a Khajit to me. Only thing different is she refers to herself in first person rather than third person. Khajit are usually obscure with thier words.
  • jircris11
    jircris11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    she thinks like a khajiit though she was raised by a dunmer who moved to kanarthi's roost (spelling on that) who is a friends character. She found my khajiit when she was a young one and cared for her. also showed her how to use a bow and sneak in the shadows. in the end my friends dunmer was killed (she deleted to remake ) and my khajiit has been on her own since afraid to make friends or anything. so she does what she needs to survive....and will kill anyone who means her harm.
    Khajiit/Vampire
    DC/AD faction/NA server.
    RPer
  • reagen_lionel
    reagen_lionel
    ✭✭✭✭
    she thinks like a khajiit though she was raised by a dunmer who moved to kanarthi's roost (spelling on that) who is a friends character. She found my khajiit when she was a young one and cared for her. also showed her how to use a bow and sneak in the shadows. in the end my friends dunmer was killed (she deleted to remake ) and my khajiit has been on her own since afraid to make friends or anything. so she does what she needs to survive....and will kill anyone who means her harm.

Sounds good. Good incorperation of events into Rp too.
  • Rev Rielle
    Rev Rielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is probably the single most enjoyable thing I find with RP: having the actual game you're playing drive the RP and create RP stories for. For example your characters say things like 'remember that time when...' and it was actually a time in-game where those characters actually did that thing, had that close encounter, or met that horrible drunk Nord, etc etc. You don't plan it, you don't create it, it just happens, just like in real life. :smile: You have to react, think on your feet, it's not all in your control, you just have to go with it. Just like real life. I love it.

• reagen_lionel
    reagen_lionel
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rev Rielle wrote: »
    This is probably the single most enjoyable thing I find with RP: having the actual game you're playing drive the RP and create RP stories for. For example your characters say things like 'remember that time when...' and it was actually a time in-game where those characters actually did that thing, had that close encounter, or met that horrible drunk Nord, etc etc. You don't plan it, you don't create it, it just happens, just like in real life. :smile: You have to react, think on your feet, it's not all in your control, you just have to go with it. Just like real life. I love it.

Indeed thats the best kind of Rp and the kind that I look for. I much perfer freeform Rp than set story lines and plots.

Very well said.
  • Ajaxandriel
    Ajaxandriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is the way I play myself, so I understand well your way. Sadly it seems we are doomed to walk alone most of the time, as in a mere rpg, since differences in levelling rate or game time will separate most of such groups or full-time roleplayers.
    In my opinion there are some huge missing features to make it a "sustenable" world and mmorpg. These barriers within ESO are strong against full immersion... untill Zenimax really takes this into account, I wish.
    The lack of RP phases,
    the lack of RP structures with their own emblems (if not the OOC guilds themselves, maybe some kind of "Units" of characters within),
    the lack of real interaction between charas from different alliances,
    the lack of roleplayers' gadgets like dressing room, stuff manager, chat bubbles
    (and maybe later housing for such "units"/ rp guilds)...

Think that for us french (and german, and english) players it is far worse since the phases just don't give a ---- about our native language : we can not simply roleplay and be understood!

I really, really expect the devs to improve that.

and hope you will find other full-RPers where you are ;)
    TESO:Triskelion - forum RP, guilde francophone
    Ajaxandriel - haut-elfe gardien 50 ;
    Altarya - haute-elfe templière 50 ;
    Angelith - elfe des bois gardienne 50 ;
    Antarius Scorpio - impérial chevalier-dragon 50 ;
    Artémidore de Corbeaulieu - bréton lame noire 50 ;
    Azothos Sadras - elfe noir sorcier 50 ;
    Celestras - haut-elfe sorcier 50 ;
    Diluviatar - elfe des mers sorcier 50 ;
    Dorguldun gro-Arash - orque sorcier 50 ;
    Hjarnar - nordique sorcier 50 ;
    Jendaya al-Gilane - rougegarde chevalier-dragon 50 ;
    Sabbathnazar Ullikummi - elfe noir chevalier-dragon 50 ;
    Selvaryn Virotès - elfe noire lame noire 50 ;
    Tahajmi - khajiit sorcière 50 ;
    Telernil - haut-elfe templier 50 ;
    Zadzadak - gobelin nécromancien 50 ;
    Zandoga - rougegarde chevalier-dragon 50
  • jircris11
    jircris11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    *sighs* sadly xirris lover....was murdered not to long ago (she quit after some drama with an RP guild who hounded her) So now xirri is a lonely khajiit...who is also a vampire...but that is a tale for another time. if anyone wishes to RP please let me know. i am quite lonely on the game and im tired of the tavern RPs >> or the people who only want ERP....it is growing old and i miss the days of EQ and UO. @jircris11 AD faction , not looking for a leveling partner..just some people to rp with and make friends with.
    Edited by jircris11 on May 3, 2014 8:32AM
    Khajiit/Vampire
    DC/AD faction/NA server.
    RPer
  • reagen_lionel
    reagen_lionel
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is the way I play myself, so I understand well your way. Sadly it seems we are doomed to walk alone most of the time, as in a mere rpg, since differences in levelling rate or game time will separate most of such groups or full-time roleplayers.
    In my opinion there are some huge missing features to make it a "sustenable" world and mmorpg. These barriers within ESO are strong against full immersion... untill Zenimax really takes this into account, I wish.
    The lack of RP phases,
    the lack of RP structures with their own emblems (if not the OOC guilds themselves, maybe some kind of "Units" of characters within),
    the lack of real interaction between charas from different alliances,
    the lack of roleplayers' gadgets like dressing room, stuff manager, chat bubbles
    (and maybe later housing for such "units"/ rp guilds)...

Think that for us french (and german, and english) players it is far worse since the phases just don't give a ---- about our native language : we can not simply roleplay and be understood!

I really, really expect the devs to improve that.

and hope you will find other full-RPers where you are ;)

Yes I agree with you on that. In a recent talk with the devs. they did mention they were going to help improve the grouping a bit, and adding chat bubbles with will make over all Rping alot easier.

With that said, any other full time Rpers out there? Still looking for people to play with.
  • SeñorCinco
    SeñorCinco
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am IC all of the time. However, I implement AOs to remove as much of the UI as possible and all of the in-game tells and auras. i only wished you could remove the heavy attack red zones from the enemy as well. The only UI elements in play are the targeted health bar and my character's M/H/S.
    • I disable that horrid chat window as it removes me from the gameplay. I want to communicate on the fly and utterly detest having to stop and type.
    • I don't communicate unless the intended character is within a reasonable hearing distance.
    • I do not send or receive mail unless my character is in a bank.
    • I do not send or receive attachments unless at a bank.
    • I dismount before entering a town.
    • I walk in town unless actually in a hurry and even then it is for storyline purposes.
    • A given character will not use a Wayshrine unless they are magically incline.

There are others but... it;s getting late....lol
    Edited by SeñorCinco on May 4, 2014 6:38AM
    Words contained in posts, at which point I stop reading and will not respond...
    Toon / Mana / WoW or any acronym following "In ___" /
    Pets (when referring to summoned Daedra) / Any verbiage to express slang (ie, ending in uz,az,..) / Soul Stone
    ... to be continued.

Now, get off my lawn.

• Sorcrater
    Sorcrater
    ✭✭
    I stay in character 100%. Suddenly jumping out of character is incredibly immersion-breaking for me. Coming up with massive back stories and playing out my character's ideals and dreams for the future is what drew me to the Elder Scrolls series. Where do I sign up to join you?

Username: Sorcrater / Character Name: Rahlden
    Edited by Sorcrater on May 5, 2014 2:45AM
  • reagen_lionel
    reagen_lionel
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sorcrater wrote: »
    I stay in character 100%. Suddenly jumping out of character is incredibly immersion-breaking for me. Coming up with massive back stories and playing out my character's ideals and dreams for the future is what drew me to the Elder Scrolls series. Where do I sign up to join you?

Username: Sorcrater / Character Name: Rahlden
    I have added you I beleive now.

Any others?
  • jircris11
    jircris11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i spent all day WALKING around the kanarthi's roost with a friend who is making a nightblade. Xirri being a higher lvl NB is showing her how to use a bow and to be sneaky....i swear i WALKED the whole island RPing at the same time XD.
    Khajiit/Vampire
    DC/AD faction/NA server.
    RPer
  • Aulakauss
    Aulakauss
    ✭✭
    I.. can't hardcore RP all the time because some of the friends I play with just simply aren't like that.

However, when with people who are like that (like you, I have found precious few) I can simply meander aimlessly for hours or, as I have once done, sit under a tree to be out of the rain for an hour while two characters chatted. I had more fun in that one hour and the hour and a half of mostly wandering following it than I ever have questing.

If you'd like to RP with me, any of you really, I'm the same in-game as here, just remember the @. Oh, and make sure to include a tiny note of why you're adding me. In-game, like in reality, I don't accept unmarked calls.
    Edited by Aulakauss on May 7, 2014 8:27AM
    "It's one thing to see your past from present memory. It is entirely another to step through the Dragon and be yourself remembering the present in the past as the future."
    - Karstine Zeterra (2E)

• MercyKilling
    MercyKilling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [*] I disable that horrid chat window as it removes me from the gameplay. I want to communicate on the fly and utterly detest having to stop and type.
    [*] I don't communicate unless the intended character is within a reasonable hearing distance.

Then how do you communicate or RP in a game that is chat based?

I also recall posts like this in another forum about this game. That person advocates using voice programs to RP...which isn't bad, per se...but it would REALLY ruin immersion to hear Betty Microsoft as a woman's voice or a man trying to imitate a woman's voice if said person were playing a female character, don't you think?

Unless you're into this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0LXpbgDx3Do
    I am not spending a single penny on the game until changes are made to the game that I want to see.
    1) Remove having to be in a guild to sell items to other players at a kiosk.
    2) Cosmetic modding for armor and clothing.
    3) Difficulty slider.
    4) Fully customizable player housing that isn't tied to anything in the game other than having the correct resources and enough gold to build. Don't tie it to PvP, guild membership, or anything at all. Oh, make it instanced so as not to take up world map space, too. Zeni screwed this one up already.
    Any /one/ of these things implemented would get me spending again, maybe even subbing.