Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Ring of Mara Question (Please Read)

Sensus
Sensus
Edit: Question answered.
Edited by Sensus on April 19, 2014 1:53PM
  • Sensus
    Sensus
    Anyone know?
  • Seraseth
    Seraseth
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've heard you need to be in a group, with the ring equipped, but distance doesn't matter. I haven't used the pledge myself yet though, so I can't say for sure.
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since you need to be in the same general area as any group member to get shared XP, my guess would be yes.
    ----
    Murray?
  • Sensus
    Sensus
    Yeah that's why I'm wondering. Can't seem to find a definite answer online so far. ><
  • Xezzu
    Xezzu
    ✭✭✭
    We must all aspire to better ourselves, to better our person and to better our quality; but no matter how much better we become, no single one of us will ever be better than all of us combined.
  • Sensus
    Sensus
    Thanks Xezzu. But does anyone know if they have to be online too or can they just have their character in the group?
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Definitely need to be online.

Stop trying to cheat the system and just play the game as intended.
    ----
    Murray?
  • Sensus
    Sensus
    Definitely need to be online.

Stop trying to cheat the system and just play the game as intended.

Explain to me how asking a simple question about an in-game feature is "cheating the system." -_-

• nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sensus wrote: »

Explain to me how asking a simple question about an in-game feature is "cheating the system." -_-

You've asked a few simple questions, and every one of them has been geared towards receiving a partner XP bonus without actually having to be near your partner (or without even having them online at all). You know exactly how you're trying to cheat that system.
    ----
    Murray?
  • Hanokihs
    Hanokihs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The character does have to be online, which may be bad news if you or your Mara partner use alts, because the rings aren't tied to the account as a whole. There's a discussion on that linked page about how to tie multiple rings to one person in that case, but I don't think it's intended to work that way, and may be patched out.
    "I haven't really played much yet, but lemme tell you all about how the game should include X and be a lot more like Y!" - Half the posters on this forum.
    "I've been here for years, and lemme tell you all about how they should never change or evolve Z, because then the game would be ruined forever." - The other half of posters on this forum.
  • Sensus
    Sensus
    Sensus wrote: »

You've asked a few simple questions, and every one of them has been geared towards receiving a partner XP bonus without actually having to be near your partner (or without even having them online at all). You know exactly how you're trying to cheat that system.

It's not cheating the system if it's already implemented into the game and working how it's supposed to. And why are you still here? You had no idea how the item worked judging from your first post.... Go be useless somewhere else. Anyway Hanokihs answered my question. Thanks Hanokihs.