Maintenance for the week of June 17:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 17, 10:00PM EDT (June 18, 2:00 UTC) - June 18, 5:00AM EDT (9:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 17, 10:00PM EDT (June 18, 2:00 UTC) - June 18, 5:00AM EDT (9:00 UTC)

How to Win at TESO?

• Hawke
    Hawke
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Elloa I dont mind at all. Glad you think it good enough to promote. You still making videos?

@Zoliru the only real change to Doshia that I experienced is the "suck your soul" move does less damage and the orbs are easier to kill.. just takes one light hit to destroy instead of 2 hits or one power hit.
    Options
  • Melian
    Melian
    ✭✭✭✭
    Zoliru wrote: »
    Plot twist

the boss allready got nerfed a few days ago

so even naked i could kill it now LOL

The only difference is that the orbs take one hit to kill. They only took 1 or 2 before for my level 9 NB and Sorc, so I think you're exaggerating slightly.

Just did it again on my DK, and it seemed pretty much the same as before. People who do it wrong will still fail, which is good.

Edited by Melian on April 19, 2014 5:04PM
    Options
  • Elloa
    Elloa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hawke wrote: »
    @Elloa I dont mind at all. Glad you think it good enough to promote. You still making videos?

Yes I'm focusing on my Sorcerer tank for now, making a serie about it. But I've plenty of footage and ideas for other videos if only I had more time :D
    Options
  • nidriks
    nidriks
    ✭✭
    Brilliant stuff, thanks.
    Options
  • Catharsis
    Catharsis
    Thank you very much for this Tutorial. Very helpful!
    Always Wonder
    Options
  • Hawke
    Hawke
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for the compliments. I just hope it can help others out there new and even old to the game.
    Options
  • Orizuru
    Orizuru
    ✭✭✭
    This type of boss with the orbs is a mechanic that will be repeated in several fights through the main story line, so learning to deal with the orbs early on is a good idea.

If anyone is still having trouble with the orbs, I have a suggestion that may help. I've found that if you pull the boss toward one of the orbs and then kill that orb, you can quickly circle back around the boss towards where the orbs are converging and get all of the remaining orbs in a single AoE attach like Cleave.
    Options
  • mips_winnt
    mips_winnt
    ✭✭✭
    Hawke wrote: »
    I will tell you how. You have to learn how to fight.

Great video and thanks for making and sharing it Hawke, you're right once you get the block & interrupt mechanics down this game is SO much more enjoyable.

Couple of other things I've found to be useful:

1. From everything I can tell , hitting an opponent from behind will generate an automatic critical strike (at least it appears that way), so sneaking up from behind for your first strike whenever possible is definitely a good idea (especially for NB since you get stealthed attack bonuses as well).

2. Getting hit from behind generates a crit on you, so always keep mobs/other players in front of you.

3. Dodge Roll seems to me to be a waste of stamina, you can dodge just as effectively by moving, seems to me the only time roll is useful is if you need to get away from a big AOE quickly and even then sprint seems to work just as well.

Hope those are useful and keep up the good work Hawke!
    Options
  • Hawke
    Hawke
    ✭✭✭✭
    Some good tips there :smile:
    Options
  • Ganacampo
    Ganacampo
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for this. Usually I have no problems with combat, but with about every boss I've encountered so far, including Doshia.
    This might help.
    Options
  • Zakua
    Zakua
    ✭✭✭
    Crazy NORDS!!!!

Nice work...that video looked nothing like my first 4 (maybe 7 lol) attempts, I ran in spaz flail swinging all I had.

After some serious amounts of nerd rage and new never before heard curse words I finally decided to see what she was doing and also noticed the Orbs (very important) then it only took me 2 more tries. It was in those two fights I finally realized some of the visual ques and got the basics for combat.

Then they nerfed her. Doshia was the monster that tested me and I am glad she did
    Options
  • Hawke
    Hawke
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, I went nuts going Nord, because every race is exactly the same, until you start investing in the racial abilities... plus nords are bigger, easier to see.

Maybe I should have played him nekkid...
    Options
  • KerinKor
    KerinKor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would like to point out that color blind players are having difficulty with this. I argued with my friend for 20 minutes the other day about blocking/interrupt mechanics until I was able to prove to him that the enemies are in fact fact glowing red (he can't see shades of red/green).
    Interesting, in FFXIV Square Enix used the same red AOE markers and then changed them to orange with a 'wave-like' animation to help colour-blind players see them better., maybe ZOS could do something like that since this is not an uncommon condition apparently.

Options