Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Is it necessary to become Vampire/Werewolf

gazzboydeb17_ESO
Fairly new player here. Played through Beta and been playing since launch. Highest level is only 15 so still lots to do.
The question is, is it absolutely necessary to become a Vampire or Werewolf in this game? Does it offer some kind of power/damage boost that you can't get anywhere else? Is it something I should be aiming towards?
I only ask because I see everyone going crazy for them. I was a werewolf in Skyrim but rarely used it. Really not too bothered about being either in this game, just prefer my Bosmer as he is now.
Thanks for any responses.
  • Sarenia
    Sarenia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The question is, is it absolutely necessary to become a Vampire or Werewolf in this game?

No. It's no more necessary than eating food for buffs or using an "optimized" build you got off Google.

Just do your own thing. If you want to be a vampire or werewolf, be one. Or don't. You'll still succeed in the game and have fun either way.
    [beta_group_85b_9]
  • gazzboydeb17_ESO
    Ah ok that's good to know :)
  • Reavan
    Reavan
    ✭✭✭
    Warewolf does not do much to boost your char its more of a gimick.
    Vampire has the best bonuses but they are not straight damage upgrades.
    Its their skills which are good however these take up skill slots that could be used for something else you prefer.
    vampires also get damage reduction bellow 50% hp.
    They have to pay for these advantages by taking 50% more damage from fire and being susceptible to fighters guild skills which can hurt them ALOT.

Vampire fits with my playstyle as a high damage sneaker but for other things it would offer more disadvantages than advantage.
    Edited by Reavan on April 18, 2014 4:44PM