Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Attributes Buff/Debuff in PVP

Brutalis
Brutalis
✭✭
Currently im 43 and i haven't played PVP since my teens. But i noticed once in Cyrodil my Health was boosted (As expected) but i also noticed my Magicka and Magicka regen were debuffed. I went from 1600+ Max Magicka to 1300 and went from 70+ regen to 55.

I thought this was weird and wasn't sure if i was bugged as it seems my gear enchantments weren't being recognized. Furthermore none of my stats were overcharged. Is this normal?
A Roman walks into a bar and hold up two fingers and says, "I'll have five beers please."
  • Reavan
    Reavan
    ✭✭✭
    Hi there.

Stats are normalized to a lower rank for everyone of 1-49.
    1-49 you will always be the same in cyrodil bar your passives.

This is why once you get past 40 your stats in cyrodil are actually worse than outside.
    Once you hit 50 you will see the huge difference from 49.
    At 49 you will have 1300 magika or so but at 50 in cyrodil it will bump up to past 1800.
    Depending on spec of course.
  • Brutalis
    Brutalis
    ✭✭
    Ok i assumed it had to do something with Vet rank and/or not being level 50. This answers some questions. If anything motivates me to get to veteran :)

Thanks for the reply!
    A Roman walks into a bar and hold up two fingers and says, "I'll have five beers please."
  • Reavan
    Reavan
    ✭✭✭
    Id encourage anyone to avoid cyrodil until 50, then you are competitive instead of cannon fodder.
    I understand people want to explore the PVP but these bolster systems are always inferior in these mmos as it should be.