The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Game zones and architecture

KoSeKu
KoSeKu
✭✭✭
Hi, i'm from Turkey and first time i'm seeing in a MMORPG game the closest architecture and enviroment to the east culture(persian), and it's in the Redguard zones.

Alik'r Desert is simply have an arabic, iranic enviroment and the architecure is simply eastern. I wonder game designers used there "eastern culture" referance to build these models?

I also think Orcs(Orsimers) are referanced to Mongolian-Turkic people, due to their morals and fighter appearances.

And if yes, which else referances used to design the game? (beside Redguard) I'm thinking other themes are mostly celtic European referances.

Thank you

Koray
Edited by KoSeKu on April 18, 2014 10:09AM
  • RavingArmy
    The Nords, obviously, took a lot from Scandinavian sources. The Bretons actually owe more to the northern areas of France (Normandy, Brittany) than any Celtic sort of influences, particularly the names. The Imperials appear to have borrowed elements of both Roman and Middle Ages English cultures.

The Argonians are harder to pin down. They seem to have elements of Aztec-style imagery on some of their weapons, but the beaded apperance of some of their armors is harder to pin down.