Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Best armor type for Bow/Resto Staff?

Anotil
Anotil
From the moment I made my character, I knew I wanted to wield a Bow and wear medium armor as a Sorcerer. Then midway through leveling, I decided I also wanted to be able to heal. So now I'm trying to figure out how to make this work.

I've figured out decent Attribute, Class Skill, and Weapon Skill builds. But I'm not sure about armor. Should I keep medium armor and enchant for magicka/recovery? Or do I need light armor to be an effective healer?
Edited by Anotil on April 18, 2014 5:23AM
  • Sorpaijen_ESO
    Sorpaijen_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    You'd likely be a ~better~ healer with Light Armor just because you could power more healing spells (Resto staff uses magicka, I think?).... but you could probably still be an "effective" healer with medium armor.
  • zgrssd
    zgrssd
    ✭✭✭✭
    Basic rule is:
    If you go for class or any of the two staff trees, light is the armor you should wear (more magika).
    If you go for any of the other weapons,medium is what you should wear (more stamina).
    Tanks should wear 1H+Shield+Heavy (but it might be to easy to run into armor softcaps that way).
    Things get muddier with softcaps and classbuffs, especially late game.

Class does not imply any role, you can play a Sorc Tank as easily as a DK or Nightblade Healer.
    I though about using stamina regen in healer role, best I came up with was using fighter guild skills to boost resistance of allies to compensate for low mana reg.
    Mage guild equilibrium could also be used to funnel own HP into Magica (so a heavy armor healer might be possible).
    Not ideal though, you are supposed to use Resto staff with either Class Skills or Destro Staff and light armor. (everytime I focus on class skills, I make a healer/DPS combo with light armor; helps findign groups and leveling solo).
    Elana Peterson (EU), Dominion, Imperial Sorc, Rune & Alchemy Crafting Char
    Leonida Peterson (EU), Daggerfall, Kajiit Nightblade, Tank & main Crafter
    Kurga Peterson (EU), Ebonhart, Ork Dragonknight, Provision Mule
    Coldblood Peterson (EU) Argonian Templer, Daggerfall, Healer
    Incendia Peterson (EU), Dominion, Dunmer Dragonknight, fire DPS & healer
    Haldor Belendor (EU), Ebonhart, Breton Sorcerer, Tank
    Fuliminictus Peterson (EU), Ebonhart, Altmer Sorcerer, Electric DPS

Me babbling about PvE roles and Armor, Short Guide to Addon Programming (for Programmers)

If you think anything I or somebody else said violates the Rules of this Forum, you are free to flag my posts. Till I get any notifcaion from this, I just asume you know you have no case against me or Zenimax disagrees with you.