The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
· [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Player Housing - Yay or Nay

Zephyr
Zephyr
✭✭
Would you like to see Player Housing added to the game?
Edited by Zephyr on April 17, 2014 10:28PM
NA Server - Ebonheart Pact - Irisana

Player Housing - Yay or Nay 299 votes

Yes - With crafting additives, PvE trophies, and PvP something.
62%
AffrayerDavorncybersam.p_ESOeltheria_ESOCylvervizionblind_ESOSevasBlackhorneVanathikavatar01_ESOSpiritreaver_ESOIronblazeGilvothfalderaldplus_ESOjonal11_ESOWillowjamfort76_ESODoraelariTeargrantsjakenaftalb14a_ESO 186 votes
Yes - like in the ES and instanced
22%
Supersomethingpjtjr_ESOlink428KrivasranNatasiWraithAzraielalenae1b14_ESOMercyKillingMalivekRDMyers65b14_ESOflorian.bognarb16_ESOKendaricRiver_SongMorodordrachir11.rbb16_ESOAshersRazielSRVegarothgurluasb16_ESOAdicon 68 votes
Yes - But only for guilds
5%
moxsapphire_ESOrubalcaba93b14a_ESOMiflettAzuriel02kwisatzsnake_125b16_ESO2Veakothjhjohnson83prerb18_ESOMaarekCoUsTAdamargomakezimnsminkiottoneJoseph914PanWriter 15 votes
No - I don't want to play the Sims
7%
jasonfagan92_ESOGwarokfrwinters_ESOkliddleb14_ESOmblythe21b14_ESOleelucasrb16_ESOJaderaArreyanneSexyVette07RadaknemHareth_Faehirlatrionc6603SugarEaterZeppelinMetalCasey1821OkeerWhatevermungoPsychokezydrateanatomy 23 votes
Undecided
2%
Captainkrunch96KamosabeKaizerXulSorakaJadeviper1974StrickFalmer 7 votes
  • zydrateanatomy
    Frankly, I've never really enjoyed the micromanging of one's home in games. It was a chore in LOTRO with hair-raising payments and ultra expensive decor. My house looked horribly bare bones. Like a new apartment with a couch here and a table there. Was bad.
    With the fact that, at a certain point, I start to roleplay more than I actually play. That means my income comes to a screeching halt at a certain point. Two 80's in Guild Wars 2 and I still have almost no income.

I'd sooner just not deal with the hassle.
    I voted no as instinct but I do concur with the guilds one.
    Options
  • Zephyr
    Zephyr
    ✭✭
    I like the player housing style of Darkfall, the upkeep isn't unbearable. You pay taxes once a month, based on where you live. IE, an island in the middle of one of the high end zones with spawns right outside, amazing resources, and all that you pay a lot, where as a nooby zone, not so much.

The thing with ESO is, a lot of stuff "Should" be craftable. Like maybe Blacksmith would forge the nails, Woodcraft the planks, and etc or even go so far as Enchanting using some form of magic to make your house more... Magicy.

Guild halls would be nice to hang around aswell, especially if we ever get Guild Heraldry.
    Options
  • Jadeviper1974
    Jadeviper1974
    ✭✭✭
    Undecided
    Frankly, they need to stabilize the game and fix the glaring problems before they even think about adding something else, especially fluff.

It kind of p.o.'s me that they haven't moved craglorn or whatever it is back and gotten all hands on board to fix the stuff that should have been fixed in their non-existent beta.
    What is written above are my honest opinions. If you agree then; "Great!" If you disagree; "Great!" I really couldn't care less either way.
    Options
  • Zephyr
    Zephyr
    ✭✭
    It was working in the PTS, the beta was broken because of NA / EU together and it confused the megaserver. They found a fix for it, then more played when it went live than anticipated. Its a brand new game, of course theres going to be problems. WoW was one of the most broken games ever on release and look where it is now.
    Options
  • Eris
    Eris
    ✭✭✭✭
    I vote yes. My reason is simple, housing gives the character a home base and something to do outside of the normal stuff. Building up a house, decorating it, and making it cool enough to invite friends for a party makes you seem like you have something semi-permanent going on in the universe.

Additionally, I believe it would be good for Guild Houses to have everything that the regular houses has but with much larger space to pack 300 people in for a meeting. :)

Finally, the addition of crafting and bank access and that sort of thing from a non-guild house should require some extra activity in order to get it. Nothing like slay the Burn the Dragon to get a forge, but perhaps gather materials for the craftsman NPC that's going to build it or something.
    Side effects of reading messages on forums can cause nausea, head aches, spontaneous fits of rage, urination due to intense laughter, and sometimes the death of your monitor or other object in throwing range. If you find that you are reading forums more than 24 hours a day, please consult your nearest temporal physicist.
    Options
  • Zephyr
    Zephyr
    ✭✭
    It also is a massive gold sink, a lot of RL friends and myself all have over 150k each saved up. Theres really nothing to spend it on either. Mounts are a joke amount a day, I buy siege stuff with gold when available, I have every motif. Housing would be nice to throw gold at.
    Options
  • Lord_Wrath
    Lord_Wrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wasn't sure how to vote but I am in support of both instanced player houses and guild fortresses. I think both should be player built by materials and fully customisable. Ability to choose tamriel landscaping such as nord mountains or redguard desert is a must.

A place to call your own has been one of my favorite things (and mods) in ES games. I think crafting stations should be left out to keep activity in towns.
    1300+ CP | Lørd Wrath | - Sorcerer - Palatine - Grand Master Crafter - 30000 Achievement Points
    Launch Player - PC - NA - EP
    Options
  • Zephyr
    Zephyr
    ✭✭
    I think crafting stations in the Guild Halls would be nice, like if were your own little city but honestly I would want it to be ludicrously expensive so as only some people could have it. Its definitely not something every guild should have.
    Options
  • Anzaman
    Anzaman
    ✭✭✭
    I liked the way how you got and built your house in Skyrim: Hearthfire, and wouldn't complain if they'd add something similar to ESO where we could place our trophies and such. ;)
    Nilene Nightsky - Healer Warden
    Niomia Nightsky - Stamina Nightblade
    Ebonheart Pact (EU) Veteran: 10 - CP: 101
    Options
  • Sut4sueb17_ESO
    I like it how it was in EQ2 when it launched ( I found that most enjoyable housing from all MMORPGs I've played):
    You can rent a house/apartment in a town/city, pay daily/weekly rentals, then you can customize it using your crafting skills (woodworkers could craft furniture and such), improving overall quality of walls and stuff using hard earned gold. It all resulted in unique looks of the each apartment.
    Also you could place crafting benches in your apartment, which was cool.
    You can also manage permissions for your property, so me and my brother had full access to the apartment and both invested in improving it.

Main thing is that house should be customizable, not cloned apartments, like in gta5 or some MMOs where you cant change anything and u got bored of them in 10 minutes.

For now I think that there are a lot of work zenimax should do before even considering housing, like broken questlines, skills, lags and interface sensitivity, gold spammers, bots and such. But while servers are down why dont we talk about our perfect MMO housing, nothing better to do ;)
    Options
  • Nox_Aeterna
    Nox_Aeterna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im ok even if all we get is the same we have in the other TES , could be better? Yes , but we have to start at some point.

When they have that in , i can see the potential for more.

I never used the original houses anyway , so many awesome houses made by the community , i always manage to find one that fits my needs perfectly.
    "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."
    -Hanlon's razor
    Options
  • voltorsfury
    voltorsfury
    ✭✭
    I agree that player housing would be a great addition. I loved the Dimension style of housing in Rift. Lotro's version was awful. It would need a lot of customization and free form movement, not 10 pre-selected spaces you can apply a few trophies too. But I have seen some amazing locales in game I would like to see offered as player housing. So I am all for it and hoping if it does happen, its done in a fun and creative way!
    @Voltorsfury - GM of Order Of Explorers PvE/PvX guild - Ebonheart Pact
    Mid Sized, Friendly, Active, semi-casual guild! We use TS 3 for events.
    Options
  • thilog
    thilog
    ✭✭✭
    I doubt any of you would have heard of Horizon, but the idea of housing there, was you build your own, at a more advanced level than what the addon gave to skyrim.

That's what I'd like. Basement, ground, upper floor and loft. And a small garden for planting my own 'erbs.

But given how things have panned out so far, Zos would make housing a massive gold sink and imho, would render it utterly useless. Buy the plot sure.. but that's it.. tax.. doesn't have to be like real life.
    Options
  • Gwarok
    Gwarok
    ✭✭✭
    Yes - But only for guilds (sorry had a mis-click)

Personal? No...just no. EQ2 burn out a from a LOOOOOONG time ago.

Now concerning guild "halls" I'm still undecided. I can see certain possibilities happening; seeing how we are able to belong to 5 different guilds at the same time plus having the private stores and all, (members from our guild A could to buy from our guild B's store, but not be able to sell and vice versa), and ultimately becoming a self-sufficient economically sound society among the player base.... Though, one "con" that could (or would) possibly be is with a conflict of interest concerning a majority of the NPC vendors and potentially making them obsolete.

(edit) but it might possibly be a {solution?} to tighten that noose around the gold farming bots. Sorry just a thought, I'll have to think tank a bit on how it could possibly work out. :\
    Edited by Gwarok on April 18, 2014 10:52AM
    "Strive for balance of all things. When the scales tip to one side or the other, someone or somethings gets short-changed. When someone gets short-changed, unpredictability and strife unbalance the world around us...To achieve freedom from greed, from want, and from strife, all parties in any exchange MUST find balance." -House Hlaalu's Philosophy of Trade

"I am ALWAYS very busy, so I KNOW what's best. You need to stay away from the waterfall. TRUST ME, you're better off keeping busy than playing in the stream....Do you know how to swim, Little Scrib?"

"I am but a simple farmer". -Rags'nar LodesBroke

#SKOOMA!

(Juliet):
    ...it is nor hand, nor foot,
    Nor arm, nor face, nor any other part
    Belonging to a man.
    O, be some other name!
    What's in a name?
    That which we call a rose?
    By any other name would smell as sweet.
    Retain that dear perfection to which he owes...
    (Act II, Scene II -William Shakespeare's: Romeo & Juliet -1595 A.D.)

Options
  • Dovel
    Dovel
    ✭✭✭
    Options
  • eltheria_ESO
    eltheria_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I can just imagine the very cool trophies up on a shelf that I have collected, instead of destroying them for bank/bag space >.< I love in game housing and would love love to see this.
    Options
  • Valmond
    Valmond
    ✭✭✭
    Very so much yes.
    If done well, it could be an awesome addition.
    Even if they decide to make it a major money sink (maybe make a sliding scale based on how much stuff you want in your house, or how big a house you want).
    Options
  • NorieleMG
    NorieleMG
    ✭✭
    Gwarok wrote: »
    Personal? No...just no. EQ2 burn out a from a LOOOOOONG time ago.

It's a completely non essential, cosmetic feature that exists only as another thing to do. Why should people not have it because you feel burned out from a different (and old) game that has nothing to do with this one?

I vote yes, because it's a fun way to add a personal touch that doesn't effect the gameplay. But only if it's just that. No bonuses to gameplay, just cosmetic and fun.

Options
  • LordPervarious
    Galaxies made play housing fun IMO.
    Options
  • Mordenkaiser
    Mordenkaiser
    ✭✭
    Mix DAOC Foundations with LOTRO housing, would love that.
    "Serve me in death, and let Sithis be your shepherd"
    Options
  • Adamargo
    Adamargo
    Yes - But only for guilds
    If done right, player/guild housing could really add to the game.

I would love to see instanced guild housing were your guild has its own little hub to call home. Complete with NPCs and crafting amenities so you could possibly bank and craft in peace without hundreds of other people crowded around them.

Upgrade-able guild hubs were you could work together as a guild to reach certain milestones and get rewards/passives for the entire guild. Something similar to what *cough* World of Warcraft *cough* has established with their leveled guilds, but with more of an instanced personal touch here.
    Edited by Adamargo on April 18, 2014 4:21PM
    Options
  • luceri84b14_ESO
    I can't wait to see player housing. Hopefully they can fix all the bugs first. eventually this would be great to have however.
    Options
  • Zephyr
    Zephyr
    ✭✭
    I would want my guild hall to have its own island lol. It would be magnificent, I would love if they allowed you to choose the setting of your landscape and all that.
    Options
  • ClaudiaMay
    ClaudiaMay
    ✭✭✭
    Yes yes, and, yes. I love housing, it's what usually pulls me into a game. Cosmetic housing, purely for fun and perhaps additional storage, is an excellent idea and often encourages different types of players to join in.

For me, it gives your character a place to call home. Not just "I sleep in this inn everynight", but a place I can hang my fish trophy. :smile:
    Currently Playing:
    Sorcerer Claudia Warren May, lvl 40. Woodworking 25/Clothing 25/Provisioning 50.
    Dragon Knight, lvl 8. Blacksmithing/Enchanting.
    Nightblade, lvl 3. Alchemy.
    Templar, lvl 7.
    Options
  • Singular
    Singular
    ✭✭✭✭
    Totally! I'd love to have a customizable house for myself! That way I could spend more time on it than the cheap place in which I reside irl.

:)
    War, give me war, give me war.
    Options
  • Morgha_Kul
    Morgha_Kul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For me, the whole point of an MMO is immersion. I want to become part of the world I'm playing in (which is why it bothers me when the world is inconsistent - such as having creatures at bizarre levels... like L17 mudcrabs...). Being able to have a home in the world can go a long way toward doing that for me.

I spent more time in Star Wars Galaxies just patrolling around looking for a perfect place for a house than I spent on ANY other activity - and I loved every minute. In essence, I was creating my OWN adventure, which I think is absolutely critical for an MMO. Developers can never keep up with the demand for content, so they have to make things detailed and open enough for us to entertain ourselves. That's the strength of the "sandbox" format, and a lot of developers have missed that reality.

In truth, I used to take over houses waaaaay back in Arena. I loved building my Wizard's Tower in Morrowind. I'd love to see it here, too. I'm just not sure how they could implement it. There's not a lot of open space to plant houses anywhere (like Galaxies), so it might have to be something instanced, like LotRO's neighbourhoods.
    Exploring Tamriel since 1994.
    Options
  • fiachsidhe
    fiachsidhe
    ✭✭✭
    I love housing, especially when its well done, and functional. I'd really like to see it added to this game. Who knows? Hearthfire was really successful in Skyrim.

The more immersive the better.
    Edited by fiachsidhe on April 19, 2014 3:20AM
    Don't have an intelligent argument? Just LOL a post!

Dire Crow - Ebonheart Pact - Dunmer Nightblade
    Options
  • reggielee
    reggielee
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, private instance where i can go to relax, unload inv and decorate, have social functions etc. but i dont want the prefab stuff from skyrim, had about as much creativity as a connect the dots puzzle
    Mama always said the fastest way to a man's heart is through his chest.
    Options
  • rioinsigniab16_ESO
    rioinsigniab16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Personally, i think there should be a housing system identical to the one in the Skyrim Hearthfire expansion: you get the mats, build your home (or maybe other players build parts for you to buy), and then "customise" somewhat how it is put together. There should be specific plots of land to buy. The closer they are to the towns, the more it costs.

For those who don't want to build their own, there should also be instanced smaller houses in the cities. Just like the ones you could buy in the original skyrim.
    Edited by rioinsigniab16_ESO on April 19, 2014 6:01PM
    How can you soar with eagles.....when you work with turkeys?
    Options
  • Lorgren_Benirus
    The absolute BEST housing system was in now gone Star Wars Galaxies, only game which has come close to it and retains the best housing system of all current MMO's is EQ2. It lacks the option of choosing own house style as per-existing models are used (unlike in SWG) and you're also limited to specific locations (unlike in SWG, which means no player cities) but on the inside, everything is so far very good. You don't have some silly "hooks" which per-determine the location of any and all items you can place, instead houses have item limit (which can also be upgraded, to a point) and you can place items anywhere (though some items may go to a specific general area like paintings on walls, etc, though that can also be adjusted with specific tools). House items can be crafted with Carpentry (so woodworking would work well, with some additions from smithing and cloth making, some alchemy and enchantment things for "bling" and "shiny" things perhaps), many quests also give unique looking house items as rewards, or trophies what can be added.

I'd say that the Hearthfire system as it was used in Skyrim would work well, just that don't add "hooks" or "spots" or some such fixed item locations nonsense, rather give different max item limit per different house type/size and let players place anything anywhere, as they want. And make so that items used in the game can also be used as decorations, for example if I want to add my first weapon or first ever self made armor set on some stand or plaque, it should be possible.
    Options