The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Wykkyd & WarLegend Addons

Starpryme
Starpryme
I really would to use WarLegend HUD and Group & Raid frames but they just won't work. Do I need to download additional addons? And with Wykkyd Outfitter and Wartools it says I need mhFramework. Where do I find that?
  • CaptainFishSticks
    For mhFramework, all you need is Wykkyd Framework.

I don't know what the issue with WarLegends is, though.
  • Aiiane
    Aiiane
    ✭✭✭
    WarLegend HUD was abandoned by the author before release due to ZOS's changes to the API; it won't work with the launch API.
    Aiiane, Aldmeri Dominion, Auriel's Bow, NA ☆ Twitter
  • CaptainFishSticks
    Aiiane wrote: »
    WarLegend HUD was abandoned by the author before release due to ZOS's changes to the API; it won't work with the launch API.

That's weird considering it was just updated today and I can use it right now.
  • Aiiane
    Aiiane
    ✭✭✭
    Aiiane wrote: »

That's weird considering it was just updated today and I can use it right now.
    Looks like the author changed their mind today.
    Aiiane, Aldmeri Dominion, Auriel's Bow, NA ☆ Twitter
  • Starpryme
    Starpryme
    FTC addon has a better HUD then WarLegend anyways. The group one seems to be working though. Wykkyd is working now randomly. I had the framework but in the addon options in the games menu all Wykkyd addons are highlighted red so I don't know what their problem is.
  • Vantor
    Vantor
    ✭✭✭
    Starpryme wrote: »
    FTC addon has a better HUD then WarLegend anyways. The group one seems to be working though. Wykkyd is working now randomly. I had the framework but in the addon options in the games menu all Wykkyd addons are highlighted red so I don't know what their problem is.

No problem at all with Wykkyd's addons. They're just colourized that way.
    Edited by Vantor on April 20, 2014 4:15PM
    Invictus EU Guild Officer
  • Wykkyd
    Wykkyd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Starpryme wrote: »
    If the name Wykkyd is red that's normal. If the entire title of the addon is red, there's a problem.

WarLegend wasn't abandoned. It was updated "down to the wire" pre-launch and he chose to focus on playing rather than patching post-launch, with plans to resume his fixes & enhancements after he got to veteran levels. He finally reached that goal and is back to work on his addons. Different addon authors simply have different approaches.
  • Kyosji
    Kyosji
    ✭✭✭
    Does WarLegend still show buffs/debuffs on other players and NPCs? Someone stated it wasn't allowed through the API.
  • Kyosji
    Kyosji
    ✭✭✭
    Aaaaaand WarLegends is broken again. Does not show any buffs, NPC bar is frozen with generic info and health and status (does not update with who you attack or any decrease) and a permanent skull above my head.
  • Kingspian
    Kingspian
    ✭✭
    Use the addon called Foundry Tatical Combat. It's better than Warlegends HUD.
    http://tamrielfoundry.com/ftc/
  • Mpcolson
    Mpcolson
    ✭✭✭
    there's a good program available to get the add ons that are approved by ZOS.. it's called MINION. It's like STEAM in that it takes the games you have on your system and categorizes them under each game, it shows the most popular and the only the ones that work on the current guidelines from ZOS.

It has all the parts of the Wykkyd Framework and all the secondary tools that work in the Wykkyd Framework. I use Wykkyd Quest Manager and it does a great job. There is also an Addon called "Skyshards" that adds them to your map and compass so you know exactly where to find the shards... even in dungeons.
  • Kyosji
    Kyosji
    ✭✭✭
    Kingspian wrote: »

Only neat thing Foundry has is the damage displaying on the screen the way it does. For actual health bars and buff information, I prefer WarLegends. Not saying Foundry is bad, but I just feel WarLegend offers me more of what I need.

Also, @Mpcolson‌ , I don't feel like installing 3rd party programs on my PC if I can help it. I've heard of MINION, but it's not something I would yet consider 'safe' to keep on my system. I prefer to just get what I need from ESOUI.com. It's not like it will make it any faster for me to get the mods I want.
  • rainith2000nub18_ESO
    Are you checking for updates daily? It seems that some authors update very frequently, either to adjust for something that ZOS has changed, to add new features or to squash bugs. Regardless, if you aren't updating your plugins, then I'd say that is why you're running into problems. Just my $0.02
  • Wykkyd
    Wykkyd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you checking for updates daily? It seems that some authors update very frequently, either to adjust for something that ZOS has changed, to add new features or to squash bugs. Regardless, if you aren't updating your plugins, then I'd say that is why you're running into problems. Just my $0.02
    *nod* In a 7 day week I typically post 9 to 12 updates on a given addon.
  • Kyosji
    Kyosji
    ✭✭✭
    Yes I do. I update Wykkyd's nearly daily just in case, but Warlegend updates are far and few between. I see he issued an update last night, but from the comments, it seems the issue wasn't fixed. I'll try it anyways once I get home.
  • Starpryme
    Starpryme
    Kyosji wrote: »
    Kingspian wrote: »

Only neat thing Foundry has is the damage displaying on the screen the way it does. For actual health bars and buff information, I prefer WarLegends. Not saying Foundry is bad, but I just feel WarLegend offers me more of what I need.

Also, @Mpcolson‌ , I don't feel like installing 3rd party programs on my PC if I can help it. I've heard of MINION, but it's not something I would yet consider 'safe' to keep on my system. I prefer to just get what I need from ESOUI.com. It's not like it will make it any faster for me to get the mods I want.

Minion doesn't have any viruses if that is what you mean by "safe", it's just like curse client except it tends to be slow. It's also in beta so that's expected.
  • Cairenn
    Cairenn
    ✭✭✭
    Ummm, not to mention that Minion is our (ESOUI) addon manager. Same people. :)
    Edited by Cairenn on May 8, 2014 5:08AM
    Cairenn
    Co-founder & Administrator
    ESOUI