Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Breaking the Ward Quest Broken??

dayvi123
dayvi123
Hi guys,

I am trying to do the quest Breaking The Ward and I supposed to talk to Bodring in Driladan Pass but i cannot find him at all.. the quest marker tells me to go into the town of Marbruk and when I got inside, the marker tells me to go out.... Here is a screenshot
[img][/img]Screenshot_20140417_175252.png
  • mkiser88ub17_ESO
    mkiser88ub17_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Yea I am about to drop the quest I have no idea where i got it but it appears to be broken!
    Edited by mkiser88ub17_ESO on April 19, 2014 7:21AM
  • scruffycavetroll
    scruffycavetroll
    ✭✭✭
    same issue, on the good side of the wall or the bad side, he isn't there.
  • IceGhos0
    IceGhos0
    hey can someone please tell me where to get that quest?
  • Dag86novanub19_ESO
    I would like to add that I had this same issue so I abandoned the quest in hopes to restart it and now I can't find the quest start to try again. This is likely part of a chain and I am still missing more than 5 quests in Greenshade according to the achievements list.

Any help?
  • Dag86novanub19_ESO
    I am now at 40/45 quests and have completed all visible quests on the map. I don't know if Breaking the Ward starts a chain or not but it certainly seems so.
  • IceGhos0
    IceGhos0
    i asked support and they said they can't give exact location where to start a quest, maybe u guys should ask them too
  • scruffycavetroll
    scruffycavetroll
    ✭✭✭
    I am now at 40/45 quests and have completed all visible quests on the map. I don't know if Breaking the Ward starts a chain or not but it certainly seems so.

I think it does...i think it's the first quest line in that area, not sure if it's really important, but i'm holding on hoping it's fixed within the next 10 days before my sub runs out.

this stuff is really annoying.
    Edited by scruffycavetroll on April 24, 2014 3:39PM
  • IceGhos0
    IceGhos0
    do you know where to start it maybe?
  • GamerMom301
    GamerMom301
    Soul Shriven
    I had the same issue. I dropped the quest and could not pick it up again. I reported it as bugged and moved on. I think it is worth noting that as I continued on to explore the area, I did meet up with Indaenir again and complete what appears to be another quest in the chain - Blight of the Bosmer.
  • jonahx
    jonahx
    same problem. I can't turn in
  • kofixb16_ESO
    Same issue for me.
  • Reimar67
    Reimar67
    Soul Shriven
    Still broken here too after waiting for a fix for 3 weeks. This is just silly. Where is Bodring at the end.
  • Kessra
    Kessra
    ✭✭✭
    Actually Bodring was standing right outside of Marbruk if you left it in north direction. However, the quest didn't proceed if you talked to him. I also had issues where I was able to start "follow-up" quests if I hadn't finished pre-quests yet. I guess that was the issue why I couldn't finish "shades of green" and "breaking the ward" here and now am not able to find those quests again after abandoning them to finish other quests, though I am at 43/45 quests actually and have still like 4-5 open quests in that zone.

@Edit: note however that Bodring will not be there if you continue with Queen Ayrenn's/Indaenir's quest-line and therefore push back all the undeads.
    Edited by Kessra on May 22, 2014 6:41AM
  • Lordloony
    Lordloony
    Soul Shriven
    I am on that 1 now an nope cannot find him o.O but then i did do " Queen Ayrenn's/Indaenir's quest-line " so do that mean i borked it ? :'( lol
  • Galkaman
    Galkaman
    Soul Shriven
    For me he is there, and there is a marker on the compass for him, but he has no mark over his head and talking to him does not progress the quest. I contacted support through the game and got a generic email in response. I don't know what to do from here to get any help.
  • fjosh
    fjosh
    Galkaman wrote: »
    For me he is there, and there is a marker on the compass for him, but he has no mark over his head and talking to him does not progress the quest. I contacted support through the game and got a generic email in response. I don't know what to do from here to get any help.

Same for me. A year and two months later this is still bugged?
  • NGP
    NGP
    ✭✭✭
    I can see him. but he blad baldddd..... and the only option I can choose is "Goodbye."
  • Troneon
    Troneon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Got same issue, can't get breaking the ward quest.
    PC EU AD
    Master Crafter - Anything you need!!
    High Elf Magicka Templar Healer/DPS/Tank
    Trials / Dungeons / PVP / Everything
  • AndersS
    AndersS
    This quest is bugged for me as well. One year later wow. I can find him, but the only option I get is to say goodbye..
This discussion has been closed.