Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Question abouut Destruction Staff and Passives

Kyosji
Kyosji
✭✭✭
I keep hearing different answers on this, so I need some definitive answers, please.

What increases the Destruction Staff damage output for standard light and heavy attacks? Is it Magika or Stamina?

Do your Destruction Staff passives ONLY apply to the skills in the Destruction Staff line, or will it also add to your Destruction Staff standard light and heavy attacks?
  • Kyosji
    Kyosji
    ✭✭✭
    Any help would be appreciated!
  • Aimeryan
    Aimeryan
    ✭✭
    Stamina and weapon damage for light/heavy attack. I think it uses spell crit, though.

Magicka and weapon damage for staff skills. Pretty sure this one uses spell crit, either way.
    Edited by Aimeryan on April 17, 2014 11:01PM
  • ZoM_Head
    ZoM_Head
    ✭✭✭✭
    Anything that uses magicka increases damage with more magicka.

Anything that uses stamina, increases damage with more stamina.

All class skills are magicka based, more magicka = more damage, this INCLUDES staffs (they use magicka).

All weapon skills, EXCEPT staffs, use stamina, more stamina = more damage.
    mDKs still need a lot of love!
  • Castielle
    Castielle
    ✭✭✭
  • Kyosji
    Kyosji
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks Castielle. This is what I needed. Everyone here was giving me the wrong information.
    Max Stamina - Spending a point in Stamina will increase your Max Stamina by 10. This will allow you to use more skills and will increase the speed at which your Stamina recovers. Skills that use Stamina will have their damage/healing increased by a small amount. This Attribute increases by 20 per level whether you put a point into it or not.
    NOTE: Increasing Stamina will increase the damage/healing of ANY skill that requires Stamina to use: Weapon, Guild, Armor or otherwise.
    NOTE: This Attribute will also increase the damage of light and heavy attacks with ANY weapon, even Staves.

Now I just need a definitive on if passive destruction staff skills apply to light and heavy staff attacks (not the skills)
  • Fruity_Ninja
    Fruity_Ninja
    ✭✭✭
    Good read I am curious too.

I am thinking about my 2nd weapon slot setup including a stave, but I have no idea how they work and how to best approach including it in my build.

My natural presumption would be that passives apply to standard light/heavy staff attacks too.
  • Aimeryan
    Aimeryan
    ✭✭
    Kyosji wrote: »
    Thanks Castielle. This is what I needed. Everyone here was giving me the wrong information.
    Max Stamina - Spending a point in Stamina will increase your Max Stamina by 10. This will allow you to use more skills and will increase the speed at which your Stamina recovers. Skills that use Stamina will have their damage/healing increased by a small amount. This Attribute increases by 20 per level whether you put a point into it or not.
    NOTE: Increasing Stamina will increase the damage/healing of ANY skill that requires Stamina to use: Weapon, Guild, Armor or otherwise.
    NOTE: This Attribute will also increase the damage of light and heavy attacks with ANY weapon, even Staves.

Now I just need a definitive on if passive destruction staff skills apply to light and heavy staff attacks (not the skills)

That is exactly the info I gave!
  • Kyosji
    Kyosji
    ✭✭✭
    Aimeryan wrote: »
    Kyosji wrote: »

That is exactly the info I gave!

I may have misread you. I saw this "Magicka and weapon damage for staff skills. Pretty sure this one uses spell crit, either way. " and assumed you meant Magika determins weapon damage for staff, which it doesn't.
  • Sheridan
    Sheridan
    ✭✭✭✭
    "Spell Resistance - This is your resistance to any damage that is Magic, Fire, Frost, Shock etc."
    So, does this include damage from light and heavy attacks of Fire/Frost/Lighting Staves or not? I am puzzled by the fact that these attacks benefit from Stamina and therefore can be considered as physical damage.
  • Kyosji
    Kyosji
    ✭✭✭
    That's a great question. If they are actually considering weapons such as the bow and staff to be melee weapons and base their damage off of stamina, I don't think they would be. But then again, there are some passives that grant magical attributes to the destruction staff light and heavy attacks. It's all so confusing, and they really should have some sort of thing officially written out.