Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

New Werewolf Skill Line: Proposal (WIP)

Wakkatata
Wakkatata
!!!!STILL A WORK IN PROGRESS!!!!

LEGEND
  • Any number in asterisks (( *#* )) is a scaling number that scales with your character level.
  • Beast Form is the only active ability that can be slotted on your normal skill bar. All others become available while Beast Form is active.
  • All Level #'s after skill names are your level in the Werewolf Skill line, not character level.
  • Most of the damage and stamina cost numbers come from my character, a level 43 NB.
  • This skill line is designed for a world where Werewolves can sneak and dodge.

Revised Werewolf Skill Line

ULTIMATE
Hircine's Hunger Level 10
  • Cast Time: Instant
  • Target: Enemy
ACTIVE ABILITIES
Beast Form Level 1
  • Target: Self
  • Cost: 15% Max Stamina and 7% Stamina every 3 seconds while active.
Transforms you into a Werewolf causing nearby enemies to run in fear for 2.5 seconds. The fear effect from Beast Form cannot occur more than once every 45 seconds. Gives you bonus damage, attack speed, move speed, and health regeneration while removing all passive stamina regeneration. While active, makes you 35% more vulnerable to poison attacks, as well as susceptible to Fighters Guild abilities.
Morphs
Pack Leader
  • Reduces the Stamina cost per second of you and all nearby allies in Beast Form by 0.75% while also further increasing their movement speed in Beast Form.
  • Stacks up to 5 times.

Savage Form
  • Adds *3*% life steal to your basic attacks.
  • Adds *20* more damage to your basic attacks for every 15% of your Stamina missing.

Revert Level 1 (Always in slot 5 of your Beast Form skill bar.)
Returns you to your normal form, removing all Werewolf related active ability buffs.

Pounce Level 2
  • Target: Single Enemy
  • Range: 5-25 meters
  • Cooldown: 10 seconds
  • Cost: *225* stamina
You leap at your target, dealing *216* physical damage, and causing them to bleed for half that damage over 6 seconds.
Morphs
Agile Pounce
  • Removes the cooldown, halves the stamina cost, but removes the bleed damage.

Brutal Pounce
  • Increases cooldown to 15 seconds, adds a 6 meter AOE, adds a 3.5 second stun on the main target.

Howl Level 4
  • Cast Time: 1.5 second channel
  • Target: Allies and Enemies
  • Radius: 8 meters
  • Cooldown: 60 seconds
  • Cost: *175* Stamina
You howl into the sky, causing nearby enemies to cower in fear for 3 seconds and delaying all allies' hunger for 15 seconds. (Removes the % constant stamina drain while in Beast Form for the duration). Duration can be stacked up to 4 times.
Morphs
Furious Roar
  • Removes cast time and reduces fear duration to 1.5 seconds.
  • Grants you and all allies in Beast Form a 20% increase in attack speed for 10 seconds. (Does not stack with other Furious Roars)

Shattering Howl
  • Increases fear duration to 4.5 seconds.
  • Reduces enemy physical defense by *20*% for 12 seconds after the duration of the fear.

Mangle Level 6
  • Target: Single Enemy
  • Range: 3 meters
  • Cost: *150* Stamina
You bite an enemy, sinking your teeth into them, causing *160* physical damage instantly and causing them to bleed for twice that amount over 8 seconds.
Morphs
Maul
  • Decreases the bleed time to 3 seconds without reducing the bleed damage.
Ravage
  • After biting the enemy you shake them around ferociously, locking them in place and stunning them for 2.5 seconds. Also deals an additional *75* damage per second while shaking the enemy.

Sweeping Claws Level 8
  • Cast Time: Toggle
While active, reduces the damage of your basic attacks by 20% and causes them to deal damage to all enemies in front of you.
Morphs
Sweeping Razors Level 8
  • Further reduces damage done by basic attacks by another 5%.
  • Basic attacks now cause bleed damage over 9 seconds equal to the amount of damage reduced by this ability.

Steel Claws
  • Reduces attack speed by 15% and changes the damage reduction to 5%

PASSIVE ABILITIES
Pursuit Level 2 & Level 5
While Beast Form is active, increases max stamina by:
  • 10%
  • 20%
Increases stamina when not in Beast Form by half those amounts.

Devour Level 5
Allows you to feast on any corpse with flesh while Beast Form is active for up to 18 seconds, restoring 6% of your stamina and 5% of your max health for every second channeled. You are unable to move or attack while feasting. Taking damage will interrupt your feasting, and any attack on you while channeling will always be a critical hit.

Blood of Jone & Jode Level 4 & Level 8
During combat, increases your attack speed by:
  • 4%
  • 8%
Outside of combat, your movement speed is increased by:
  • 5%
  • 10%
Outside of Beast Form you gain half those amounts.

Bloodmoon Level 6
Allows a player to turn another player into a Werewolf once every 7 days by returning to the Werewolf ritual site. Turned players earn the Werewolf skill line. Players infected with Vampirism cannot be turned.

Prowl Level 7 & Level 10
While sneaking, increases your critical chance and critical damage by:
  • 10% // 15%
  • 15% // 30%
Grants half these amounts when Beast Form is not active.
Edited by Wakkatata on April 19, 2014 6:34PM
  • Wakkatata
    Wakkatata
    Still a Work in progress. I'll be working on it all day. Please leave constructive criticism so I can make changes.

Edit: The Ultimate will be the last thing I work on, want it to be awesome, so bare with me.

Edit: Added 2 passives. Pursuit and Devour.

Edit: A change that wouldn't be seen in the actual skill line - Sneaking and Dodging should be available to Werewolves. Seems like a no brainer, but I suppose it needs to be put on here.
    Edited by Wakkatata on April 17, 2014 8:49PM
  • Brittany_Joy
    Brittany_Joy
    ✭✭✭✭
    You do know that if the beast form costed stamina every 3 seconds then we would have like 3 secs in werewolf form because after 3 moves you are out of stamina...You need to think about this more.

The active skills for werewolf form are fine the way they are and dont need a revamp. It is only the ultimate cost and being unable to dodge that is making the werewolf form weak.

Also a fear that can only be applied every 45secs is super weak, and I would get a better fear from Mass Hysteria(A Nightblade ability) that reduces enemy power and fears them for 4 secs and it is spammable.

I do enjoy the work you put into this but your suggestions would make things worse because it would completely reduce all our time in werewolf form from 30 seconds to 3. The whole idea just isn't practical.
    Edited by Brittany_Joy on April 17, 2014 8:18PM
  • Wakkatata
    Wakkatata
    You do know that if the beast form costed stamina every 3 seconds then we would have like 3 secs in werewolf form because after 3 moves you are out of stamina...You need to think about this more.

This gives you (without the morph that reduces the per second cost) 28.333333 seconds of a TOGGLE-able werewolf form. That's without using the improved devour, and without the Howl free 15 seconds. This is a vast improvement on the current form, considering it doesn't take your ultimate slot. Once you run out of stamina, and revert back, all you need to do is regain your stamina and then turn it back on. Much better than building 925 Ultimate, or do you disagree?

This is without using abilities. If you want to use your abilities, you have to sacrifice time in the form. Which isn't a big deal considering how easy it would be to get into the form again.

Correction : it gives you 36.428571 seconds, not 28.3333333
    Edited by Wakkatata on April 17, 2014 8:21PM
  • Brittany_Joy
    Brittany_Joy
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wakkatata wrote: »

This gives you (without the morph that reduces the per second cost) 28.333333 seconds of a TOGGLE-able werewolf form. That's without using the improved devour, and without the Howl free 15 seconds. This is a vast improvement on the current form, considering it doesn't take your ultimate slot. Once you run out of stamina, and revert back, all you need to do is regain your stamina and then turn it back on. Much better than building 925 Ultimate, or do you disagree?

I dont think you really understand how valuable resources are and how easy it is to diminish them. Just rethink everything. The skills don't need a revamp! The ultimate cost is the problem. It can still be a ultimate that you can toggle on or off.

Personally I dislike all of your suggestions 'cause I would be reduced to 3 seconds in werewolf form even with the morphs 'cause the cost scales with stamina!
    Edited by Brittany_Joy on April 17, 2014 8:22PM
  • Wakkatata
    Wakkatata

The active skills for werewolf form are fine the way they are and dont need a revamp. It is only the ultimate cost and being unable to dodge that is making the werewolf form weak.

Also a fear that can only be applied every 45secs is super weak, and I would get a better fear from Mass Hysteria(A Nightblade ability) that reduces enemy power and fears them for 4 secs and it is spammable.

I do enjoy the work you put into this but your suggestions would make things worse because it would completely reduce all our time in werewolf form from 30 seconds to 3. The whole idea just isn't practical.

I really don't think you're understanding. The fear applying every 45 seconds is for the transformation only, you can then Howl if you wish, though Howl has a separate cooldown. Giving the Beast Form a restriction on the fear, keeps you from spamming it. Because that IS overpowered. The current "Roar" doesn't even work half the time.
  • Wakkatata
    Wakkatata
    Also, I disagree on that the actives don't need to be redone. Right now all you do in WW form is spam left click, spam spam spam left click, spam left click some more, hold down left click, spam some more. Sure murdering things is fun for a while, but I don't use WW form anymore because there's no variety in how I get to kill things.
  • Brittany_Joy
    Brittany_Joy
    ✭✭✭✭

I really don't think you're understanding. The fear applying every 45 seconds is for the transformation only, you can then Howl if you wish, though Howl has a separate cooldown. Giving the Beast Form a restriction on the fear, keeps you from spamming it. Because that IS overpowered. The current "Roar" doesn't even work half the time.
    You do know nightblade has a stronger fear called Mass Hysteria which fears 2 targets for 4 seconds, reduces their power by 30% and snares for 53% for 3 seconds after the fear. Mass Hysteria can also be spammed without any CD but it is costly if you do not have alot of magicka. You are nerfing the werewolf's fear without realizing that it isnt as OP as you think it is because those normal players can break out of any CC while you can not in your beast form. All the player has to do is break the CC and stunlock the werewolf to make it a dead puppy.

With your suggestions it will make werewolves even weaker because everything costs stamina and once the player comes out of the wolf form their stamina will be completely diminished even if they didn't use any abilities. Having no stamina makes the player more susceptible to CC chains. So you are still a weak puppy because you can't dodge or break out of CC while in werewolf form and because your werewolf form depletes stamina you are going to be stuck in any type of CC after you shift out of werewolf form.

I will highlight the main points that are making werewolves weaker
    -You can't dodge or break out of CC
    -The cost of the ultimate is too high to reach in PvP situations
    -The poison weakness and fighter's guild weakness are too much of a drawback for a form you are rarely in.
    -The time in werewolf form is unsatisfactory. 30 seconds for a costly ultimate is a major weakness because you sacrifice other ultimates that do more damage and is more efficient.

Your suggestions need to fix the problems that I highlighted. Currently your suggestions do not fix anything.
  • Wakkatata
    Wakkatata

I dont think you really understand how valuable resources are and how easy it is to diminish them. Just rethink everything. The skills don't need a revamp! The ultimate cost is the problem. It can still be a ultimate that you can toggle on or off.

Personally I dislike all of your suggestions 'cause I would be reduced to 3 seconds in werewolf form even with the morphs 'cause the cost scales with stamina!

Changing the Ultimate cost, and making it Toggle changes EVERYTHING. You can't change that without changing other things. That's not balancing, that's buffing. You don't understand how that works obviously. Werewolves don't need a buff. They need an over-haul. Period. There are countless discussions right now complaining about Werewolves, and the only proposed "solution" so far is what you just said, a Buff. This discussion is to provide a possible solution, as It says several times, Work in Progress. Thanks for your feedback.
  • Brittany_Joy
    Brittany_Joy
    ✭✭✭✭

Changing the Ultimate cost, and making it Toggle changes EVERYTHING. You can't change that without changing other things. That's not balancing, that's buffing. You don't understand how that works obviously. Werewolves don't need a buff. They need an over-haul. Period. There are countless discussions right now complaining about Werewolves, and the only proposed "solution" so far is what you just said, a Buff. This discussion is to provide a possible solution, as It says several times, Work in Progress. Thanks for your feedback.

Werewolf form doesn't need a over-haul. The solutions are simple. All ZoS has to do is allow werewolves to dodge and CC break like everyone else. They also need to amplify the effects of devour, perhaps make it a 2 skill point thing which the first one allows you to feed on humanoids and the second one allows you to feed on any creature. The time given from devour and feral pounce needs to be increased to a satisfactory amount. ZoS could also allow crafters to craft another version of the savior's hide set bonus which increases poison resistance and reduces the ultimate cost. See, these solutions are simple and don't need a drastic revamp.
  • Wakkatata
    Wakkatata
    Again. Not solutions. Buffs. WW doesn't need Buffing.
  • Brittany_Joy
    Brittany_Joy
    ✭✭✭✭
    Again. Not solutions. Buffs. WW doesn't need Buffing.
    I still think you should rethink everything.

• Wakkatata
    Wakkatata
    Edit: Finished Strength of Jone and Jode (Passive)
    Changed name to Blood of Jone and Jode

Edit: Added the Prowl passive (Final passive ability)

Will start working on the Ultimate tomorrow, and fine tuning some of the other stuff.
    Edited by Wakkatata on April 18, 2014 4:40AM
  • Spriggen
    Spriggen
    ✭✭✭
    If Zen made "beast form" a skill slotted ability, they better nerf the damage they do.
  • Wakkatata
    Wakkatata
    Spriggen wrote: »
    If Zen made "beast form" a skill slotted ability, they better nerf the damage they do.
    Absolutely. Right now the damage is scaled to be on par with other ultimates, or supposed to be at least.

So, for example:

My level 44 NB does at least 3.5x to 4x as much left click damage while in WW form, that being due to being a pure stamina character (no attribute points allotted to the magicka or health). With the new "Beast Form" you would have to scale that damage down to 2x -2.5x as much damage with left click attacks to balance out that it no longer takes your ultimate ability slot, giving you access to other Ultimates.
  • popfbiub17_ESO

But I think u need to fix critical bug first
    Such as pounce, too much ultimate ppint for beast form.
    Can't wait to see it
    Edited by popfbiub17_ESO on April 21, 2014 6:15AM